As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I also have Crackdown and DDR now.

Yar on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Available all day on weekends, weekdays after 7PM Pacific.
    Games: Crackdown, Gears of War, DOA4, Vegas

Azio on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    I would really like to get some GoW games going on this very evening, Tuesday May 8th.

Anyone interested?

I've only played for 30 minutes last night, but I'm gonna do this. Be gentle.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I would really like to get some GoW games going on this very evening, Tuesday May 8th.

Anyone interested?

The basics are easy. The hard part is learning the maps.

Also - anyone bought the new map packs yet? I'm a cheap ass and haven't.

3lwap0 on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

Anyone interested?

Don't worry I haven't played online yet at all, so it should be pretty low key.

Also if I get a mod double kill I'm going to be the coolest forumer ever.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Same here. I've never played Gears online. :(

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    So around 9 Eastern I'll jump on and throw invites. If I'm not yet on your friends list, send me a friend request. Hopefully we can get enough to fill a room; if not, we can get some random teenagers screaming racial epitaphs to join in.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • 2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tip for online Gears: Use the shotgun.

Unless they balanced that out since Christmas.

2and2is5 on
  • GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    2and2is5 wrote: »
    Tip for online Gears: If you're hosting, you get the super-shotgun.

Fixed.

It hasn't been balanced.

Glaeal on
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So around 9 Eastern I'll jump on and throw invites. If I'm not yet on your friends list, send me a friend request. Hopefully we can get enough to fill a room; if not, we can get some random teenagers screaming racial epitaphs to join in.

I'll be on around 10 Eastern if there's still room.

Glaeal on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I'm changing the time to 10 pm Eastern - Frankie wants to watch House. If you guys want to get started without me, that's cool too.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I'm changing the time to 10 pm Eastern - Frankie wants to watch House. If you guys want to get started without me, that's cool too.
    But I wanted you to be the first moderator I shoot, Will!

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Damn I'm not sure when the next time I will be online on my 360. My computer which I bridged my connection to, the internet isnt working on it so yea..................

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited May 2007
    I just sent out a bunch of friend requests and I'mma be chilling, waiting for some games tonight. Holla at ya boy!

edited May 2007
    I just sent out a bunch of friend requests and I'mma be chilling, waiting for some games tonight. Holla at ya boy!

I'm spinnin' my wheels as well. Log on peeps. It's time to throw down.

3lwap0 on
  • 2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Doesn't look like I'm getting on tonight. And I was looking forward to blasting Belle & Sebastian while chainsawing celery so much.

2and2is5 on
    edited May 2007
    2and2is5 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like I'm getting on tonight. And I was looking forward to playing Belle & Sebastian while chainsawing celery so much.
    Oh man that's some cruel torture right there.

How many do we need for a multiplayer game? Elkamil was on so I was trying to get him to co-op a campaign, but maybe we should just start a multiplayer room?

edited May 2007
    You could 1v1 if you wanted. Ideal teams are equal, but 2 v 1 happens all the time. So really to answer to your question, just 2. If it's a public game, they'll generally fill up with random folk.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    You could 1v1 if you wanted. Ideal teams are equal, but 2 v 1 happens all the time. So really to answer to your question, just 2. If it's a public game, they'll generally fill up with random folk.
    I really suck at hosting, me and Elkamil can't even figure out how to get this co-op thing rolling. If you want to walk us through how to get into a private multiplayer, or even public that would be cool.

We suck, man.

edited May 2007
    I'll do one better. I'll host a private, we can slaughter each other while simultaneously figuring out what the fuckwe're gonna do.

You ready for an invite?

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    Also make sure you have the free map pack that was realeased last month.

To answer your question:

Go to Versus, Xbox live Player Match, Host Private Match. Pick your variables (maps, round lengeth etc), and start'er up. Then start tossing out invites via your friends list.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    Good gaming guys. I claim first Mod kill with the chainsaw. I'm sure my bannination is forthcoming.

(it was worth it)

3lwap0 on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    You guys were great, and I'm not just saying that. I mean it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I chainsawed Will at least once, although I think he got first kill on me. That was fun as hell. Me and Elkamil were floundering like hell, ElJeffe you'll have to join us some night.

edited May 2007
    Yeah it was a lot of fun. 3lwap0 and Glaeal are good at that game, whereas I kind of sucked. But whenever I got to cap Cel it made it all worthwhile. Also - fuck that torque bow.

Seriously, fuck that thing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007

Seriously, fuck that thing.

I had nightmares about it. Next time, i'm making sure it's not on the map. We'll kill each other in a civilized way, with chainsaws.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    gg, Gs.

Yar on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll be on tonight...had to take my grandmother to the hospital last night.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Apothe0sis

Times are sporadic and Australian, given that I am in fact, in Australia.

I don't like online THAT much but Crackdown and DOA4 are pretty appealing to play against/with real people.

Apothe0sis on
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I totally would have been online to destroy all of you last night, but I'm at my mom's house this week (it's an unusual occurrence), which means no TV which means no 360. She really needs a TV.

Anyways, I was once ranked 4000th in Execution. Out of 410,000 at the time. YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

What? Can't a guy get his Illidain on every now and then?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Yeah, I totally would have been online to destroy all of you last night, but I'm at my mom's house this week (it's an unusual occurrence), which means no TV which means no 360. She really needs a TV.

Anyways, I was once ranked 4000th in Execution. Out of 410,000 at the time. YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

You are not welcome.

Seriously, though, we don't stand a chance. I hope you enjoy stomping on people.

Glaeal on
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »

You are not welcome.

Seriously, though, we don't stand a chance. I hope you enjoy stomping on people.

Oh, definitely.

I'll rotate teams -- worry not. :P

Edit: I should mention that I was ranked 4000th, like, three, maybe four months ago? And I've played like five times since then.

I don't get 30 kills/game anymore.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    I don't know if we're playing tonight (like as in organized affair like last night). I'm sure some of us will be on.

Also, GoW will only let us do 4 v 4 max. Rainbow Six:LV will accomdate much more, and is just as fun. If any of you can dig deep into your wallets, I do recommend getting it. I waited nearly six months before getting it, and regret waiting.

3lwap0 on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    I am very unhappy that my dead phone/net caused me to miss the festivities last night.

Very unhappy.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I'd like to get R6, but I'm kind of low on monies, at the moment. As in I have none.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    I'm down with Gears, Six, Crack, Halo 2, or whatever else I have. Last night was fun. Especially when I finally started killin' folks. Like Irond. I killed him. And then I chainsawed two people. And there was blood.

Yar on
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    I'm down with Gears, Six, Crack, Halo 2, or whatever else I have. Last night was fun. Especially when I finally started killin' folks. Like Irond. I killed him. And then I chainsawed two people. And there was blood.

Everyone did really well at indvidual things. Glaeal was a shot-gun toting whore. Will had the grenades down pat. And I perfected the art of being a bullet sponge. Good times.

It would be cool if we could do something weekly, or bi-weekly for the folks with busy schedules.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    Yar wrote: »

Everyone did really well at indvidual things. Glaeal was a shot-gun toting whore. Will had the grenades down pat. And I perfected the art of being a bullet sponge. Good times.

It would be cool if we could do something weekly, or bi-weekly for the folks with busy schedules.

My "individual" thing will be "crushing the souls of those who stand unrepentant in the face of my burning, blinding glory, which lights all, in here as in heaven, for ever and ever, amen."

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    I was picking it up as the games went along. fistoflove was really talkative and was shouting out lots of directions on specific maps, it helped slow the game down a little and have it make more sense.

edited May 2007
    Maybe my specialty can be the guy who runs by the downed teammate and yells, "Sorry, no time!" in response to cries for revival.

Yar on