As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy PbP] A Trial by Fire (IC/OoC)

• Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I couldn't find anything I wanted for the last 100 exp...

I was also thinking of a Mesh Vest (4 AP) for all my monies

Squints on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squints wrote: »
    I couldn't find anything I wanted for the last 100 exp...

I was also thinking of a Mesh Vest (4 AP) for all my monies

A +5 Ag, WS or BS boost costs 100xp for an Assassin; can't go wrong there :) .

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll take the BS. Updating sheet...

Squints on
  • Options
    FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Psykers start with a sword for free, could I just pay the cost of the Mono upgrade (40) and still have 15 Thrones to play around with, or do I need to pay the full 55 (40 for Mono + 15 for a sword) like I did?

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what this group needs? A little Spiritual Guidance, a man of wisdom and learning that can assist the group in more delicate matters. Too bad you're getting a Redemptionist instead. (If you'll have me)
    redemptionist.jpg
    Character name: Nero Musthus the Redemptionist
    Career: Cleric		Rank: Novice
    Divination: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2662138/]The Only True Fear Is Of Dying With Your Duty Not Done[/url]

Skin Colour: Fair	Hair Colour: Blonde		Eye Colour: Brown

Wounds: 14/14	Fate Points: 3/3
    Crit:	0		Fatigue:	0	
    XP Points (Spent, Unspent): 0400 / 0000

Characteristics

WS	25
    BS	30
    S	25
    T	30
    Ag	30
    Int	35
    Per	30
    WP	43 (40+3)
    Fel	30 (35-5)

Walk(½):	3  	Walk 	6	Charge: 	9	Run 	18

Skills
    Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int)
    Common Lore (Imperium, War) (Int) [BASIC SKILL]
    Inquiry (Fel)
    Interrogation (WP)
    Intimidate (Str)
    Literacy (Int)
    Performer (Singer) (Fel)
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
    Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)[BASIC SKILL]
    Trade (Cook)

Talents
    Basic Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame)
    Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Pistol Training (SP)
    Resistance (Heat)
    Unshakable Faith

Traits
    Blessed Ignorance
    Hagiography
    Liturgical Familiarity
    Superior Origins

Gear:

Flamer
    		Basic (Flame), 20m range, S/-/-, 1d10+4 E, Pen 3, Mag 3
    			2 Full Reload, Flame, 6kg - Current Mag: 3/3

Stub Revolver w/ Man-Stopper Bullets
    		Pistol (SP), 30m range, S/-/-, 1d10+3 I, Pen 3, Mag 6
    			2 Full Reload, Reliable, 1kg - Current Mag: 6/6

Hammer
    		Melee, 1d10+1+SB, Pen 0, Primitive, Unbalanced, 4kg

Fire Bombs
    		Thrown, SBx3 (6m), 1d10+3 E, Pen 6, Blast (3), 0.5kg
    			Fire Bomb Count: 3

3 Spare Flamer Fuel Flasks (4 total)
    6 Extra Manstopper Bullets (12 Total)
    Aquila Necklace
    Redemptionist Robes (Good Quality Clothing)
    Flak Vest
    4 Candles
    Charm (Skull)
    Backpack

Thrones: 5

Armor:
    	Head:	0	Body: 	3
    	R.Arm:	0	L.Arm: 	0
    	R.Leg:	0	L.Leg:	0

Mutations(s): None
    Insanity: 		3
    Degree of Insanity: 	Sane
    Corruption:		0
    Degree of Corruption:	Pure
    Malignancies:		None

Characteristic Advances:

XP Purchases:
    Redemptionist Firebrand (200 xp)
    Inquiry (100 xp)
    Resistance (Heat) (100xp)

Took the Redemptionist Package from the Inquisitors handbook, if thats cool. One of the two other XP purchases is perhaps not the wisest/useful, but its flavorful!

Assuming you'll have me, are we allowed to spend some of our cash on gear before the start? Clerics start out woefully under equipped. I know we start in prison though, so that may be an issue.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    deadlyrhetoricdeadlyrhetoric "We could be two straight lines in a crooked world."__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Just wrapped up with a few purchases and shuffled my skills around in the original post so that they're correct, now.

Thanks for the help! Excited to start.

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Psykers start with a sword for free, could I just pay the cost of the Mono upgrade (40) and still have 15 Thrones to play around with, or do I need to pay the full 55 (40 for Mono + 15 for a sword) like I did?

Yeah, that sounds fine.

@Galaga: Redemptionist Package is fine also :) .

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Edited to my above post to add purchased equipment.

It was a tough choice... vital tool of the trade, or bodily protection. In the end though it wasn't really a choice at all, the Redeemer's Work must be done. :twisted:

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I said I didn't have time for this, but I'm a horrible liar, so to round out the submissions we have...
    Gabriel never thought he would see the day he missed his old give, but here it was. When he first got the assignment off world, he was ecstatic. After all, only the rich got to travel between worlds. It seemed like the Emperor himself was looking out for him and rewarding his years of dutiful service. All that was before he got stuck on this dammed forge world. He always knew the cog boys back home were a little weird, but a whole dam planet of them? It didn't compare.

And now they threw him in prison, for what, breaking an old piece of junk! The way they reacted over that old computer made it seem like he murdered their mother or something. Hell with these guys maybe he did...

Name: Gabriel Cortez
    Origin: Hive World: Middle Hive
    Class: Arbitrator

Weapon Skill: 40
    Ballistic Skill: 45
    Strength: 20
    Toughness: 35
    Agility: 20
    Intelligence: 35
    Perception: 30
    Willpower: 20
    Fellowship: 40

Skills:
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
    Literacy (Int)
    Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int)
    Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
    Inquiry (Fel)
    Awareness (Per)
    Scrutiny (Per)

Traits:
    Accustomed to Crowds (crowds are not Difficult Terrain, no penalty to Ag test for Running or Charging through crowd)
    Caves of Steel (treats Tech-Use (Int) as Basic Skill)
    Hivebound (-10 to Survival (Int) rolls, -5 to Int rolls if not in manufactured environment)
    Wary (+1 to Initiative rolls)

Talents:
    Basic Weapons Training (SP)
    Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Rapid Reload

Gear:
    Shotgun w/ 92 Shells
    3 frag grenades
    brass knuckles
    knife
    mesh vest
    uniform (Good Quality clothing)
    3 doeses of stimm
    injector
    Arbitrator ID
    chrono
    pack of iho-sticks
    ration pack
    microbead

Wounds: 14
    Fate Points: 3
    Corruption: 1
    Thrones: 6 *30 for 3 frag grenades, 4 for 80 shells, 10 for a ration pack, 20 for the microbead

Imperial Divination: "Innocence is an illusion." Begin play with 1 insanity point and 1 corruption point.

Insanity Points: 1

Keeping it simple and taking the recommended Ballistic Skill Advance Simple(+5), Awareness, Scrutiny, Sound Constitution with my 400 exp.

I noticed no one else grabbed a microbead. If you can spare the thrones, you should. Do you need a weapon talent for grenades? I know you need the launcher for rpg's but didn't see one for hand held ones.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ignance Havelock, Guardsman - Steelhawk
    Gallus, Tech-Priest - Wildcat
    Cromwell, Imperial Psyker - FelixSomethingSomething
    Uriah, Assassin - Squints
    Dice, Scum - deadlyrhetoric
    Nero Musthus the Redemptionist, Cleric - GalagaGalaxian
    Gabriel Cortez, Arbitrator - Fondor_Yards

Huh, we're an Adept and a Sister of Battle away from a full house :) . Very interesting...

And Hand Grenades don't need a special talent/skill, just pull the pin and throw very, very hard.

susan on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I looked at the microbead, but my first WH40K character needed the closest equivalent to a Bolt Pistol that he could afford. :)

I suppose I could sell some of the superfulous weaponry I have. Do I really need a lasgun AND a shotgun AND a laspistol AND a Hand Cannon? (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but the Emperor requires sacrifice sometimes...)

Can I sell at full value at character creation to free up some thrones?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I shudder to think of the number of machine-spirits I am going to have to placate in this grouping.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Can I sell at full value at character creation to free up some thrones?

Sure, I'll allow this. Go ahead, sell all your guns, you won't need them... :twisted:

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Screw that then. This high muckety-muck Inquisitor that is springing us from jail can just provide me a damn microbead. :)

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    deadlyrhetoricdeadlyrhetoric "We could be two straight lines in a crooked world."__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    I knew rolling Scum would start me with less cash but geez. All I could justify (?) buying was a fire bomb, a grapnel, 2 corpse starch rations, and 20 extra shotgun shells. If I don't get to use the grapnel, I'm demanding the Imperial Supply Depot honor my return or else I'll forcibly return the fire bomb.

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... yo, DM! Is the 4 AP worth it, or should I get ammo?

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I shudder to think of the number of machine-spirits I am going to have to placate in this grouping.

:winky:

I considered taking Weapon Jinx just to piss Gallus off

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Squints wrote: »
    Hmm... yo, DM! Is the 4 AP worth it, or should I get ammo?

Well, if you plan on getting shot, Armor would be a good idea :) . Ammo, on the other hand, is 20 bullets for 1 Throne, so I'm guessing you can scrape together a little bit of change for those extra clips.

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alright updated with a brief background. Gabriel probably stepped on a computer mouse, and they threw him in prison awaiting execution for it.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »

:winky:

I considered taking Weapon Jinx just to piss Gallus off

You +abort shunt error+

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alright, just wanted to give some further info on the game. I've changed the title of the Thread from 'Recruiting' to 'Deliberating'; there's still technically a few hours left for people to submit characters, but I'm thinking that's not likely to happen at this point, and we've already a full crew.

On that subject, as of right now, I'm planning on taking all 7 of you for the adventure. Unusual, I know, but my thought process was this: While a group of 7 would be an insane cluster***k, a couple of you are probably going to end up dropping (no worries nor hard feelings, it happens), and I'll probably kill half of you in the first firefight anyway. Not sure what I'll do if I get a dozen last minute submissions, but I'll burn that bridge when I'm crossing it.

On to the Map: As I mentioned in the OP, I'm using a shared Google Doc Image for the map, which will allow people who want access to move around their characters/remove dead bodies in real time. This is optional, but in my other game ('Point of Light') it has proven a rather popular option amongst the players. If you'd like to have access, shoot me a PM with your e-mail (scary, I know) and I'll let you have access (you don't need to have a GMail account, but it does make things easier). Here's the map image below, let me know if you have problems seeing it:
    pub?id=1o54tOFP3PDtt-k_GUx0czIart2tf_zIUUdnoj2vQTa4&w=1194&h=1361

Another thing: I totally forgot to ask for images for character tokens. If you'd like, just post an image for us to use and I'll make a personalized game token for ya.

Any other questions?

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll be PMing you my e-mail address but I figured this would be best asked out here: What are the dimensions/limits on the images for the character tokens?

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TokenTool can handle any image size/type; it's actually a pretty neat program.

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sent a pm, now to dig through my massive 40k folder to find a good image.

Edit: I actually found something I like, and quickly, the emperor protects.
    1272354250034.jpg

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I love TokenTool

• Options
    paperstsoapcopaperstsoapco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would like to make a last minute entry, if it's alright. If you're happy with who you have now, I certainly understand. I haven't ever played Dark Heresy before, but I'm a longtime tabletop roleplayer and I like to think I pick up on things fairly quickly. With that, here's my Sororitas.
    WS: 35 (+15)
    BS: 45 (+20, +5 Advance)
    S: 25 (+5)
    T: 30 (+10)
    Ag: 30 (+10)
    Int: 25 (+5)
    Per: 35 (+15)
    WP: 48 (+20, +5 Advance, +3 Divination)
    Fel: 20

Wounds: 13
    Fate Points: 3
    Thrones: 23

Name: Severine
    Homeworld: Schola Progenium
    Career: Sororitas
    Build: Svelte
    Skin Color: Tan
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Blue
    Family's Fate: Not Spoken Of
    Divination: Die if you must, but not with your spirit broken. 56
    Traits: Schola Education, Skill at Arms, Sheltered Upbringing, Tempered Will

Basic Skills: Common Lore (Administratum) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Common Lore (Ecclesarchy) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Common Lore (War) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Scholastic Lore (Philosophy) (Int) (Sch. Ed.), Awareness (Per),

Advanced Skills: Literacy (Int), Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int), Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int), Performer (Singer) (Fel), Trade (Copyist) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Warp)

Talents: Melee Weapons Training (Primitive), Basic Weapons Training (Las), Pistol Training (SP), Basic Weapons Training (Primitive), Pistol Training (Las), Pure Faith

Gear: hand cannon, 40 bullets, las pistol and charge pack, aquila necklace, chaplet Ecclesiasticus (Devotional Icon Amulet), vestments (Good Quality Clothing), 4 candles, writing kit, copy of the Rules of the Sororitas, Ring of Suffrage (Charm), flail, feudal plate, vial of blessed water (memento)

I have yet to think of a solid reason why a Sororitas would be in jail, but I'll make sure I come up with something soon.

Edit:
    Severine never imagined going to jail. She was as devout and as faithful as they came, even amongst the Sororitas novices. But when Crane, another orphan from her adopted home planet and Guardsman in training, started running off at the mouth and threatening to shoot his superiors, she felt the need to come between him and the authorities. He just needed to be calmed down. The Emperor has plans for him, you know. But now, here she is, locked up for "Obstruction of Justice". What do they know about justice? She's a trainee of the Adepta Sororitas! The only justice she's worried about is the Emperor's, and He's sure to get her out of this cell soon....

paperstsoapco on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    chardiscs2_Page_02_5x2.gif

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have yet to think of a solid reason why a Sororitas would be in jail, but I'll make sure I come up with something soon.

Their unyielding faith could be viewed as a flaw - maybe she was tricked into doing something that would've marginally aided a group of mutants or something.

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am completely new to 40k and have never tabletopped anything ever. Or even MMO'd, for that matter. Regardless, I am definitely interested in this expedition. I think I'll just observe if possible, but would like to join up on future outings.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    paperstsoapcopaperstsoapco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Original Post updated with lock up story.

paperstsoapco on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy - A Trial by Fire

You wake up on a cold metal bunk, only the dimmest of light seeping in through the cracks around a solid steel containment door. Your assigned red jumpsuit is getting filthier by the minute, and if you don’t move quickly the warren rats will finish off the rancid refined soy gruel that the guards slid under your door last night. You grab the tray, setting it on your bed while you move to a sink to splash lead-tinted water over your face. All around you your cage vibrates and thumps, rocking with the industrial lifeblood surrounding you on this thrice damned planet you’re stuck on.

The warden mentioned a new gravel pit yesterday. That would be a nice change of pace; it’d get you out in the sun at least.

Your door slides open, spilling artificial light over the dingy interior of your cell. It’s too early to start work; the shift guards don’t start for another two hours. As your eyes adjust you see two rows of armored escorts and the greasy, grinning face of the block warden. He steps into the room, dangling a single piece of paper casually through the air between his thumb and forefinger. “Well lucky you, you’re getting sprung and I’ve hardly had a chance to get to know you.” Your heart leaps up to your throat as you glance down at the transfer form, only to have it sink once more as you realize the wax seal affixing the signature could only be that of the Inquisition...

Ignance Havelock, Guardsman - Steelhawk
    Gallus, Tech-Priest - Wildcat
    Cromwell, Imperial Psyker - FelixSomethingSomething
    Uriah, Assassin - Squints
    Dice, Scum - deadlyrhetoric
    Nero Musthus the Redemptionist, Cleric - GalagaGalaxian
    Gabriel Cortez, Arbitrator - Fondor_Yards
    Severine, Sororitas - paperstsoapco

I was taking 7, might as well take 8 :) . *crosses fingers and hopes for the best* Also, what's up with no one having a last name?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your reinforced steel bindings chafe your wrists, your legs, and your neck as you are prodded and pushed through the dim winding passages of your prison. As forking paths converge and widen, you are met by other groups of guards moving similarly clad and harassed individuals, a couple of whom you recognize from seeing once or twice at mealtime but who you wouldn’t exactly classify as a ‘Friend’. Nevertheless, you are all being taken to the same destination, and shall share the same fate, whatever that may be.

Any conversation you try to start is discouraged with a rough slap from the guards’ batons, and you proceed in relative silence forward and upward. You vaguely recall this part of the prison from your first night here; you’re heading towards the Administrative offices, just short of the front gate. In fact you are taken to the office of the Head Warden himself, Cyrus McBride, and as you patiently wait in the hallway you can hear Cyrus’ smooth voice doing its best to hide just how nervous the man is as he speaks of the prison’s population and efficiency ratings to some unseen figure. After several minutes, footsteps approach, and Cyrus opens his varnished mahogany door with its pressed golden nametag to wave you inside.

You have seen Cyrus before, as you were being booked into the general population. A smirking, towering giant of a man with a polished bald head, wearing a cut black suit and waving a silver and glass walking stick about in the faces of the new prisoners. Here, in his office, he seems to have shrunk two feet, gained twenty years, and lost his casual grin in favor of a painfully forced smile. You suspect that has something to do with the man sitting behind his desk, looking through prisoner files. Your files.

The man is in his mid 40’s, with a lean face and a trim build on a very tall body. He has reading glasses dangling on the edge of his nose, which partially obscure a vivid but clean scar that runs from his jaw up to his left temple, and his eyes don’t even flicker up at you as you enter. He’s wearing a long brown leather jacket over blue carapace armor, black leather gloves, a finely worked Bolt Pistol and an exquisitely carved Powersword at his sides, and a Imperial Naval Cap with the symbol of the Inquisition affixed to its front.

Without glancing up the Inquisitor speaks to your guards, “Unbind their hands and feet, and then leave us.” The guards do so, removing the cold steel from your limbs but leaving the collars about your throats before gratefully leaving quickly with Warden McBride. Now more free to move, you glance about and notice your possessions have been stacked in neat piles near the window on a table, along with other piles you assume must belong to your fellow prisoners. Still without glancing from his work, the Inquisitor speaks to you, “You may retrieve your clothing and weaponry as you will, I shall be done shortly and then we may proceed. Do feel free to speak to each other.”

Game on! You may now Roleplay and Rollplay to your hearts content; if you have any questions ask, and I'll try to answer everything as quickly as possible. Out of Character Comments/Questions should be in a text that's different from the norm, ie in a different color (like this) or in parenthesis (like this) or whatever works.

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cromwell nods to the Inquisitor as he strides over to collect his belongings

"Finally, the Arbites have corrected their mistake! I couldn't stand another day in that dank hole"

These may be the first words the other prisoners have heard him utter; his air of arrogance and the eagle's wing on his left cheek branding him as a psyker tend to discourage attempts at conversation. An intricate, tarnished medallion of swords and serpents rests atop the pile, hung on braided leather. He raises it to his lips and mutters a few phrases of High Gothic with closed eyes before placing it around his neck, fingers tracing deep scar along the right side of his skull on the way back. He checks a finely crafted sword and returns it to the scabbard, laying it next to an ornate looking dagger, a nearly antique pistol, and a shoulder bag that no doubt contains the rest of his possessions.

He straightens his stained and rumpled prison garb, turning to regard the clearly uninterested Inquisitor once again.

"I'm curious though, who are these others? Surely they can't all be wrongly imprisoned like myself?"

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey, Ignance has a last name! Its his preferred name. Havelock is much a cooler handle than Ignance. :)

A fit and handsome young man, of maybe 22 years old, quickly sheds his prison jumpsuit and reaches for his gear. The first thing you notice is the large Aquila tatoo is inked over the left side of his chest. The young man holds himself with bearing of an officer. Posture erect and his face clean shaven and his hair cropped short. The next thing you notice are the five deep lash scars that criss-cross his back.

He heads for the pile of weapons and armor. With years of drill under his belt, the uniform, boots and regalia are on and perfect in a matter of minutes. His various weaponry is holstered and shouldered with practice. His kit lies at his feet, buldging with a full suit of flak armor. He stands easy at parade rest in the wardens office, awaiting his fate.

Clearly, this man is Imperial Guard.

By the God-Emperor! It felt good to get out of that cell. He does protect, doesn't he? But what the shit is all this about?

"Junior Commis-." he starts, then frowns, before starting again. "Ignance Havelock, sir. Reporting as ordered."

Susan, is there is a Guard regiment of some reknown in these here parts that Havelock can/used to be a part of? If it works into the story I'd rather use it. Otherwise I can just make one up.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tech-priests don't get a last name until at least v3.1.

I'm just browsing the forums rapidly at work here, so will respond in detail when I am at home.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Uriah stretches his extremities out once they are unbound. He can't help but laugh at Cromwell, "Yes... if you take a census of a prison, you will find that 95% of prisoners are jailed wrongly." He looks over his things, putting on his armor and checking out his guns. His shotgun is split open, eyes looking through to make sure it is clean. He unscrews the silencer from his submachine gun and does a similar check. The assassin is soon strapped to the teeth; submachine holstered at one hip, several throwing knives draped along one shoulder and shells for the shotgun strapped to his back on the other.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wearing a simple rag mask fashioned from torn pieces of his own jumpsuit, a thin lanky man with short messy blonde hair and a poorly trimmed goatee scrambles over to the table and begins collecting things. Strapping a flak vest on and Tossing his crude mask over his shoulder he begins pulling on a strange set of purple, orange, yellow and red robes. Stuffing things into pockets he finally hefts up something large and turns around. The man is cleary a follower of the cult of redemption, with a face adorned by a better crafted mask and a sneer of questionable sanity, a great deal different from the timid whipped man he had seemed before.

Lighting the primer of his flamer, he finally bothers to pay attention to his fellow prisoners. His eyes immediately lock onto the mark of a Sanctioned Psyker, however, despite a few twitches, and a bit of shuffling of his flamer, he does nothing.

"So... what is all this about then? Hmmm?"

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Susan, is there is a Guard regiment of some reknown in these here parts that Havelock can/used to be a part of? If it works into the story I'd rather use it. Otherwise I can just make one up.

You can make up your local Guard Regiment. I'm a big fan of players coming up with an idea that I then make cannon so as to twist it to my evil desires.

susan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "No one asked what you think of things wryd. This is cog boy world, I'm probably the only Arbit on this forsaken rock." Walking over to the pile of gear, he was very surpised to see that it was all there intact. It even looked like someone had fixed the crack in his shotgun's stock and cleaned the barrels. Even his iho-sticks where still there. He took one out and smelled it, before putting the one in his chest pouch the rest in his pack.

Maybe those freaks aren't so bad after all...

Turning around, he eyed the rest of the group as pulled on his armoured vest. The guardsman was a good sign, someone else stable. One of those redemptionist freaks, as long as he stayed on his good side he would be useful, what suspiciously looked like an under-hiver who would probably silt his throat the moment he looked away. Another Ad-Mech priest, hell if the others didn't like him that was a vote in his favor for him. That only left the cursed pysker, a woman he couldn't place as anything, and a man with enough weapons to kill a hive tyrant.

Maybe he was better off back in his cell...

Awwwwwh yea another suicide mission with Steelhawk.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dice wrinkled her nose and frowned at the guard assigned to her as he unshackled the manacles, their rattle joining the chorus of clanging metal chains as the others were released from their binds. A tall, wiry girl, she strode towards the table with her belongings with a smooth but brisk gait - the walk of someone who was raised in the confines of a Hive World and accustomed to traversing the densely packed avenues and corridors within. Her pile of belongings was considerably smaller than the rest of the piles and, though it contained clothing and weapons just like the other piles, it was of noticeably lower quality. Dice wrapped her left hand around her right wrist and rubbed gently, confirming that her restraints had been removed, and surveyed the others in the room. Perhaps she had been selected to join this group by mistake - surely she had nothing in common with the group of hardened prisoners around her. From their vestments, it was obvious that several of them had been employed in the military services of the God-Emperor at one point. Wispy strands of mousy black hair fell from behind her ears as she shook her head, abruptly ending her train of thought. Dice began to tend to her belongings.

Am I doing this right? I rolled my Characteristics randomly...was I supposed to distribute 100 extra points to them? Or assign them from a pool of 100 points? Sorry...Also, here's a link to my token (backup link to the original image, in case I effed s up)!

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dice: No worries :) . For Points, I personally like to use Point Buy, as it gives more control over where you want to have good scores, but I'm fine with random as well. It's your call.

With a sigh, the Inquisitor removes his glasses and closes the last of your files, standing and finally turning his attention to you. “I am Inquisitor Ivan Pavlov, Ordos Xenos of the Holy Adepta Inquisitorium which answers only to the God Emperor himself. I have read your files, and studied your pasts. I do not care about them in the slightest. As of this moment, you have no pasts. You possess merely a handful of belongings and several interesting scars, and, with luck, some residual skills that can serve the will of His Holiness in his war against the Xenos horde.”

Ivan briefly fishes through a pocket, retrieving a small recording device which he places on the table and activates. Speaking in the clear voice of a man used to command, he continues, “Reference Code 10 Mark 30 Mark 395, Planet Arrakis II of the Arrakis Solar System. I, Inquisitor Ivan Pavlov, do hereby officially Expunge the debts, warrants, and criminal records of Ignance Havelock, Gallus (Surname Unknown), Cromwell (Surname Unknown), Uriah (Surname Unknown), Street Name ‘Dice’ (Personal Name Unknown), Severine (Surname Unknown), Nero Muthus, and Gabriel Cortez. Orders have been filed with local authorities. Named persons are also officially added to the records as Acolytes of the Adepta Inquisitorium under my personal command from this moment until the time of their deaths or expulsion. So it is ordered, Long Live the Emperor.”

He presses another rune on the device, deactivating it and turning back to you. “Right. From this moment forward, you answer to no one but me. You will follow my commands, no matter the risk nor cost. You will serve the Emperor until you die. For some of you, that may well happen soon. Take a seat, we have much discuss, and you have very little time.”

The Inquisitor returns to the desk and retrieves his glasses, opening a folder and referencing it occasionally as he speaks, “Roughly two months ago, local authorities intercepted a series of Vox transmissions between local gangs that a Xenos artifact had come into their possession and would be made available to the highest bidder. Local Arbitrators did not consider this a high priority, as rumors of this type come regularly from such gangs, especially when they’re looking to fence stolen merchandise. Unfortunately, when their report was sent up the chain of command and came into my possession, I was able to accurately cross reference this rumor with additional reports of Xenos devices that have been springing up all around the sector. Odds are, it is exceptionally likely that, on this planet, in the hands of criminals and terrorists, a Xenos artifact of unknown type and function, that is going to be sold very soon to traitors and heretics.”

Ivan closes the folder and removes his glasses once more, folding his hands together and leaning towards you. “Your mission is to find this artifact. Retrieve it if you can, destroy it if you must, but do not allow it to fall into the hands of the enemies of the Emperor. This is your primary objective. Of course, dealing with those who would buy or sell such heresies is also essential, and any information you could provide to the Arbites of this would would be appreciated, but above all else FIND THIS ARTIFACT.” He leans back in his chair, never letting his eyes wander away from you, “The Gang Vox’s originated somewhere within this city. The rest is up to you. Questions?”

susan on