As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] grants all our wishes

• Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Dude, I just got triple quot'd!

This is approximately 82% as awesome as fellatio.

Minus the orgasm.

Who says being triple quot'd didn't make me orgasm?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Randomtask wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Also, separate post for a separate topic, as we're all talking about housing:

I can afford about 1,200 a month. What overall price range am I looking at, assuming an average rate/length of mortgage?
    Depends on where you're looking to buy, what your credit is like, and how much you have saved up for the down payment.
    I think my credit is pretty stellar and I've got about 30 grand saved up.

Want to live around Boston.
    Save up another 30 grand. :P

10% down payment is the best way to get a good interest rate. There are mortgage calculators out there, where you can take the amount you've got for a down payment, amount of principle you'll have, and your interest rate, and figure out your payment, or plug in your payment and rate, and figure out how much you can afford.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »
    Dude, I just got triple quot'd!

This is approximately 82% as awesome as fellatio.

Minus the orgasm.

Who says being triple quot'd didn't make me orgasm?

"OH! OH! That's the third one!"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I'm just impressed y'all don't get burned out on the sympathy parade.

I have nothing to contribute to it, so I don't say anything. I certainly don't turn and go "ha-ha, that's what you get for being you!" and expect everyone to join in laughing.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Gold has no value in the [chat], for the [chat] eats food rather than currency.

Then I'll orange things from now on.

Then I'll stab your testicles with a carving knife from now on.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oboro, have you ever applied for Medicaid?

You're broke, and you have a serious medical problem. I can't imagine that they'd deny you.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If lime is for truth, than what's the color for comedy?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007

It's pretty damned expensive around here, and it doesn't get too much cheaper as you get out into the suburbs. In any case, I wouldn't buy anything at all for at least a year, maybe two, while house prices start to stabilize around the higher interest rates.

I think you could probably afford something in the mid-200s these days. I'm not sure what's available in the area at that price right now.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

[chat] is color blind.

Obs on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I'm just impressed y'all don't get burned out on the sympathy parade.
    I vote Dynagrip for Most Excellent Forumer May 2007.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

White. It's just most people fuck it up. Also I wasn't being funny, Obs is actually a raging fuckstick.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also I wasn't being funny, Obs is actually a raging cunt.

Oh shits!
    I took it out of context!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Much better. :)

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

You're broke, and you have a serious medical problem. I can't imagine that they'd deny you.
    Checking eligibility now on some .gov site.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, separate post for a separate topic, as we're all talking about housing:

I can afford about 1,200 a month. What overall price range am I looking at, assuming an average rate/length of mortgage?
    Depends on where you're looking to buy, what your credit is like, and how much you have saved up for the down payment.

10% down payment is the best way to get a good interest rate. There are mortgage calculators out there, where you can take the amount you've got for a down payment, amount of principle you'll have, and your interest rate, and figure out your payment, or plug in your payment and rate, and figure out how much you can afford.

You really think I should go for a place that costs $600 grand?

Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wish Linksville, my old forum home, was still alive.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »

The flower in your avvy totally looks like it's screaming. That's awesome/creepy.

How did I just notice this?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think it'd be pretty fun to take some time off after school and go on an extended cycling trip. Maybe sell everything I own, stick what I don't need to survive in a mutual funds account or CDs, and bike to all the cool places I've never seen. Maybe take six months and see how much ground I can cover.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Obs wrote: »
    I wish I wasn't such a cunt

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Okay, okay, we all know Obs is a dick. Let's not drag the thread down into the pits of hatred that we spelunked so thoroughly during the Drez incidient two nights back.

Happy thoughts!

Think of puppies cuddling with kitties at the bottom of rainbows!

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Veegeezee wrote: »
    I think it'd be pretty fun to take some time off after school and go on an extended cycling trip. Maybe sell everything I own, stick what I don't need to survive in a mutual funds account or CDs, and bike to all the cool places I've never seen. Maybe take six months and see how much ground I can cover.

What are CDs?

Also, this sounds like a fantastic idea. I've always thought stuff like that would be really eye-opening, but I think you ought to bring a buddy. Bonding* is fun.

*bondage

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wish I wasn't such a cunt

I love finally figuring out how to do color.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Okay, okay, we all know Obs is a dick. Let's not drag the thread down into the pits of hatred that we spelunked so thoroughly during the Drez incidient two nights back.

Happy thoughts!

Puppies with kittens!?!

Burn the heretic!

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

It's pretty damned expensive around here, and it doesn't get too much cheaper as you get out into the suburbs. In any case, I wouldn't buy anything at all for at least a year, maybe two, while house prices start to stabilize around the higher interest rates.

I think you could probably afford something in the mid-200s these days. I'm not sure what's available in the area at that price right now.

Well, I'm moving in with my girlfriend in August. We NEED to pick a place to live, and choosing an apartment feels like we're throwing away money, you know?

I was looking at the low-200s. Not too bad, overall, actually.

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Happy thoughts!

Silly Jeffe. Puppies and kitties living together is a sign of the apocalypse.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

What are CDs?

Certificate of Deposit (I believe). Basically you give your money to the bank for X amount of time without withdrawing it, and they do a more aggressive investment of it than they would for your typical, liquid savings or checking account. Rates get better as the terms increase, and you get your money back when the CD 'matures'.

These days, CDs are actually pretty liquid also, with the caveat that you might pay back some of your earnings if you withdraw early.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »

It was a confusing site and it was unclear if I was eligible for Medicaid, but it did give out a list of 'Community Health Centers' that are basically the sliding-scale clinics I always heard about.

There's one in Toms River, which is where I'm currently staying. So. I have a phone number, and I should get off the laptop. Seeya later, all.

Thanks Than.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

What are CDs?

Also, this sounds like a fantastic idea. I've always thought stuff like that would be really eye-opening, but I think you ought to bring a buddy. Bonding* is fun.

*bondage

Certificates of deposit.

Going with two people would be cool, but it'd have to be somebody that won't hate me forever after spending that much time with me, like my bro or something.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Well, I'm moving in with my girlfriend in August. We NEED to pick a place to live, and choosing an apartment feels like we're throwing away money, you know?

I was looking at the low-200s. Not too bad, overall, actually.

Aren't there apartments that you can buy, and shit?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Happy thoughts!

What was the Drez Incident?

I ask mainly because I've been wanting to holler at him about XBox Live, but I haven't seen him on lately. Did he leave? Will he be coming back? etc.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

You really think I should go for a place that costs $600 grand?
    Is there any place near Boston for $300 grand?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

Happy thoughts!

I ask mainly because I've been wanting to holler at him about XBox Live, but I haven't seen him on lately. Did he leave? Will he be coming back? etc.

Drez is dead.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Man, my ass is so sweaty.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why aren't I dead yet?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Aren't there apartments that you can buy, and shit?

That's pretty much what a condo is, from my understanding.

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why is Wiggin taking this joke like three steps too far, after Aemilius already took it like one step too far, and Than told him to stop?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    murdering some quote trees. sorry about that
    Is there any place near Boston for $300 grand?

yeah, quite a few.

I should mention that I'm 22, and about to go to college. We don't plan on staying in the condo. We will likely sell it when the market is up. Until then, we will rent it out to people to pay the mortgage.

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why is Wiggin taking this joke like three steps too far, aftert Aemilius already took it like one step too far, and Than told him to stop?

Because Wiggin is "special" like that.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

Happy thoughts!

Something about some outside interference in phalla from someone..... or something. He got mad and asked to be banned.

His xbox live is Drezdar I think.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Because Wiggin is "special" like that.

Right, the title, I forgot. :P

Just trying to look out for ya, there.

sdrawkcaB emaN on