As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Lair of the Shadow Broker rules and you should buy it

• XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No one would surrender information to the dread Wesley Broker.

Xtarath on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know the Shadow Broker is going to be the guy who was trying to get the refund from the Turian shopkeeper on the Citadel.

The whole ordeal drove him over the brink of insanity and now he's out for revenge on all Turians and all shopkeepers.

Kakodaimonos on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know you won't really do anything to the Shadow Broker.

You're just gonna fuck some hub of his up.

BlackDove on
  • EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SB is the galaxy's most advanced AI. Totally gonna happen.

Ethereal on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

joshgotro on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

It it though. It's basically.

1. Shoot Bullets.
    2. Spam Adrenaline rush.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Dragkonias on
    edited September 2010
    I don't use Adrenline Rush ever.

joshgotro on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That is the beginning and end of all of yours problems.

Turn on Hardened Adrenaline Rush and you are an untouchable god of death. Give it a try.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

Nuzak on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That's like an Adept not using biotics.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited September 2010
    I'll take this into account. End of Overlord might be easier.

joshgotro on
    edited September 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »

wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

Man don't say that, Adept isn't easy for me so far and all I've done is Kasumi and Zaeed's loyalties, and recruited Grunt and Mordin.

Arc Projector does make Singularity kind of hilarious to use, though.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2010
    Just reordered ME1. I can't wait to get the Council in ME2.

joshgotro on
    edited September 2010
    Okay. Adrenaline Rush is good. Completely destroyed the end of Overlord.

Hugs and kisses.

Edit: Grissom Academy plug ha.

joshgotro on
    edited September 2010
    Let us know if you think it's easy mode, later.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just got to Illium in my Femfiltrator Insanity run, and it's really making me regret some of the decisions I made in ME1. In my last game with this female Shepard in ME1, I was trying to get to level 60, which meant that anyone and everyone had to die. I needed the EXP! I also renegade killed a bunch of NPCs, but now the world in ME2 feels a little empty. I completed a male Vanguard run a few months ago where everyone from ME1 was alive, and I was going nuts at all the things I missed my first time through, such as Conrad Verner and Gianna Parasini. Great stuff.

I don't think I can do another ME1 playthrough with my female Shepard. I just don't have the time.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking about this the other day

Wouldn't it have been better if the dlc missions and guns were in the game from the get so that they have context?

As is the DLC weapons are the first thing you equip as soon as you can choose.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited September 2010
    They are.

joshgotro on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Seriously though, if we end up killing the Shadow Broker, wouldn't we kind of be throwing the galactic economy into chaos?

Didgeridoo on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Seriously though, if we end up killing the Shadow Broker, wouldn't we kind of be throwing the galactic economy into chaos?

Not really no. The Shadow Broker is a political figure, a political mercenary even, not so much an economic figure. Where the two topics is coincidence, not purpose.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wyborn wrote: »

Man don't say that, Adept isn't easy for me so far and all I've done is Kasumi and Zaeed's loyalties, and recruited Grunt and Mordin.

Really? It's just "strip the closest dude of his armor, singularity, warp bomb!" Rinse and repeat. Piece of cake! Early on, when cooldowns are huge it's not quite as easy, but you should be finding things getting easier by now. Vangods are great, but I still die loads when playing. Adept I mainly died when I stopped paying attention to my health and popped out for one more warp when I shouldn't have.

Orca on
    edited September 2010
    Orca wrote: »

Really? It's just "strip the closest dude of his armor, singularity, warp bomb!" Rinse and repeat. Piece of cake! Early on, when cooldowns are huge it's not quite as easy, but you should be finding things getting easier by now. Vangods are great, but I still die loads when playing. Adept I mainly died when I stopped paying attention to my health and popped out for one more warp when I shouldn't have.

It's so slow. Sentinel was kind of slow too but this is a bit much because Sentinel, at least, was indestructible as Hell.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2010
    Sentinel is slow, Adept you can move pretty quick around in once you get going. One warp bomb will blow the armor off 2 or 3 guys, who you can then singularity and warp bomb again.

Orca on
    edited September 2010
    Should I go Heavy or Unstable Warp? I would think Unstable, but

Eh

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2010
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I was thinking about this the other day

Wouldn't it have been better if the dlc missions and guns were in the game from the get so that they have context?

As is the DLC weapons are the first thing you equip as soon as you can choose.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works. I started a new game after buying the Firepower Pack and Jacob and Miranda were using the Phalanx pistol on Freedom's Progress. Jacob also had the Geth Shotgun.

I've been using DLC guns almost exclusively on my current game. Phalanx, Locust, Mattock, but now I'm using the Viper on squadmates instead of the Incisor.

Sneakman on
    edited September 2010
    Should I go Heavy or Unstable Warp? I would think Unstable, but

Eh

I went with Unstable Warps all around, because AoE was more important to me than hitting hard. Other folks have argued differently.

In any case, you need Miranda at your side throughout. You fire off the Singularity, she pops it. When Thane joins you, things get even better.

Orca on
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ethereal wrote: »
    SB is the galaxy's most advanced AI. Totally gonna happen.

Hmm, didn't the evil ai on the citadel have a nod in von's backroom? Maybe there is a connection.

C2B on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you even play soldier without using adrenaline rush? I mean, what were you doing with your cooldowns? Concussive shot?
    BlackDove wrote: »
    You know you won't really do anything to the Shadow Broker.

You're just gonna fuck some hub of his up.

Well...
    Actual Shadow Broker spoiler from 'leaked' audio:
    Seeing as there's a line on disc with Shepard saying "the Shadow Broker is dead," I'm going to wager it's a possibility. :P

He could always pull a "not quite as dead as you thought!" trick at the end, but I'm not sure the SB really rates high enough for it.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited September 2010
    Not even Reapers stand a chance against Shepard in a stand-up fight. The Shadow Broker's gonna get a face full of shotgun before the DLC is over.

Orca on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I'm playing the Vanguard, having a blast with Heavy Charge -> Shotgun -> Repeat as needed, but trying to work in the other skills he has just leaves me underwhelmed.

I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?

Playing on Insanity btw.

Blurbl on
    edited September 2010
    How do you even play soldier without using adrenaline rush? I mean, what were you doing with your cooldowns? Concussive shot?

Concussive shot then whatever team powers at my disposal until their shields, barriers, armor is gone then bullets.

joshgotro on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    With my Vanguard, I never used cryo rounds. I also never used shockwave. I found pull useful to get dudes out of cover if they were on a different elevation and had too many buddies nearby.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited September 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    So I'm playing the Vanguard, having a blast with Heavy Charge -> Shotgun -> Repeat as needed, but trying to work in the other skills he has just leaves me underwhelmed.

I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?

Playing on Insanity btw.

Shockwave is good for crowd control, but tends to be better coming from Jack than from you so you don't use up your cooldown; however, it does automatically kill Husks.

I like Shockwave because it is hilarious.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?.

I never used Shockwave and I only ever used Pull to set up a warp explosion on an enemy I couldn't charge to. I would sometimes use Pull when faced with a Husk rush since it has such a short cooldown, but I generally didn't use it all that often.

I maxed Cryo Ammo and took Squad Cryo so that squad mates with SMGs or Assault Rifles would have a little bit of crowd control on unprotected enemies. This really helps out when you're faced with a lot of enemies. I would use maxed Incendiary Ammo on Shepard's Shotgun for maximum up-close carnage.

Sneakman on
    edited September 2010
    Vangod is all about the chargin'. Once your core 3 skills are maxed, everything else is a matter of taste. Play around more with the bonus skills and see if one of them fits your liking? Reave is the one most people take; I've also heard people swear by Energy Drain.

Orca on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    It is Shepard

Shepard is the shadow broker. Mental illness is involved

dun dun dun dun

A Shepard, Darkly

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If the SB is the Asari council member, shep has to HIT THAT THING first before filling 'er up with shotgun pellets. I demand it be so.

envoy1 on
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    If the SB is the Asari council member, shep has to HIT THAT THING first before filling 'er up with shotgun pellets. I demand it be so.

While Liara watches bound to a chair........

Are there any new weapons etc. apart from the quest in the dlc? Sorry, haven't kept up with it.

C2B on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Juc wrote: »
    Popesnax wrote: »
    The Mattock is better.

The matlock is a gun for invalids and old people.

waaaait a minute... where's the stupid "journo" claiming that bioware employee thinks ME2 dlc weapon is "for invalids and old people"????? Juc. How could you?

envoy1 on
    edited September 2010
    Reporting this to the NY Times right now!

C2B: Nothing's been said, so I expect it'll be like Overlord. No new weapons or squaddies. I hope it's got lots and lots of awesome content for the higher price (3 hours of edge-of-the-seat content maybe?!!). Bioware's already got my money either way, I'm just sayin'...

Orca on