As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2010 BYOC Info/FAQ - REG CLOSED

14567810»

• KtuluKtulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    Ktulu wrote: »
    I have a really odd shaped computer. It is a LAN Box, will it be a problem for space?

Also can I bring my HDD docking station, it requires an additional outlet, can I bring a splitter a something?

The LAN Box won't be a problem. You can set it to the side or behind your monitor or on the floor.

They ask you not to bring splitters or power strips. Not sure that a HDD docking station would be very useful anyway, but you probably have your reasons.

Thanks for the info.

I just would bring a docking station because 3 internal HDDs and 1 docking station is much more convenient than 3 external HDDs.

Ktulu on
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just remember the power socket/amperage limits.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • thetelevisi0nthetelevisi0n Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So liquidchaos has kindly offered his BYOC pass to me. Do I need anything other than his badge to get into BYOC?

And this is my first time at BYOC. Any tips for first timers? I'm bringing my desktop and liquidchaos recommended that I use a hand truck to transport it around the expo.

thetelevisi0n on
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So liquidchaos has kindly offered his BYOC pass to me. Do I need anything other than his badge to get into BYOC?

And this is my first time at BYOC. Any tips for first timers? I'm bringing my desktop and liquidchaos recommended that I use a hand truck to transport it around the expo.
    You need your red badge and the orange BYOC badge he gives you.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Hal15900Hal15900 Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    So, I want to get setup in BYOC, but I also want to get a seat for the keynote.
    Will it be better to setup in BYOC and then run over to the keynote or go to the keynote first and take my machine to BYOC later?

Any suggestions, aside from "thinking with portals?"

Hal15900 on
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bah! Just tried picking up my BYOC badge at the Sheraton but the BYOC guys aren't there yet. Don't show up before noon. They won't be there till then. :(

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • Rob SpewackRob Spewack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    First off, let me start with *facepalm*

I was the one out of my group who was bringing the software, and the one thing I forget is the Win7 disk. My buddy's getting a windows error on boot & we can't progress much further without running a repair. Is there a kind soul already in seattle who wouldn't mind letting us borrow the disc for an hour or two to run a system repair?

There will be eternal gratitude, and we'll buy you food at some point, too.

Rob Spewack on
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I was the one out of my group who was bringing the software, and the one thing I forget is the Win7 disk. My buddy's getting a windows error on boot & we can't progress much further without running a repair. Is there a kind soul already in seattle who wouldn't mind letting us borrow the disc for an hour or two to run a system repair?

Which edition is it? I have a Win7 Ultimate copy I could let you borrow if that'll do the trick...

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I have a universal win7 disk that I can give you. either that or bring me a blank DVD and I can burn one for you :)
    (assuming you have your own legit key, but you can use win7 for 30days without one)
    Bah! Just tried picking up my BYOC badge at the Sheraton but the BYOC guys aren't there yet. Don't show up before noon. They won't be there till then. :(

Yeah... minor snafu with setup. We are here now.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BYOC badge acquired!!! Cannot wait.

Rayman on
  • KtuluKtulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have my bar code, but you can pick up badges today as well? How late is that happening?

Ktulu on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have my bar code, but you can pick up badges today as well? How late is that happening?

Just picked mine up, it's deliciously orange. Make sure you have ID on you in addition to your bar code.

trickycoolj on
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Just picked mine up, it's deliciously orange. Make sure you have ID on you in addition to your bar code.

And if you're doing the button exchange, BigRed does in fact have his 6" buttons available for trade. :) I got one. :)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I know it said no surge protectors, but I thought I remember reading some where that we could bring a small power strip if we had plugs that had space constraints. I only need one for my laptop, but then also wanted the option to swap my camera battery charger or ds charger when they needed charging.

Can anyone confirm either way. Thanks

disposablecomp on
  • MaxNVMaxNV Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    O.K. So now that I'm in Seattle with badge in hand, what are we supposed to do tomorrow morning. Like what time should we show up for setup tomorrow morning? And where should we go at that time.

TYIA

MaxNV on
  • celycely Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    One of the folks at the badge pickup desk said the BYOC line starts at 7am. The doors to BYOC open at 8am.

cely on
    rqUHgCM.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cely wrote: »
    One of the folks at the badge pickup desk said the BYOC line starts at 7am. The doors to BYOC open at 8am.

Correct.

If you feel compelled to show up earlier, hang out at the table area near the top of the escalator.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • imp22bimp22b Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

Correct.

If you feel compelled to show up earlier, hang out at the table area near the top of the escalator.

Is that in the Sheraton or the Convention Center?

imp22b on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    imp22b wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »

Correct.

Is that in the Sheraton or the Convention Center?

convention center

Singollo on
  • murtemurte Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I totally spaced going down to get the badge today :(
    What time can I get byoc badge friday morning?

7 badge pickup
    730 stand in line
    8 get in queue room

murte on
    PAX Prime 2011
    (+) PAX Prime 3-day - In my hands!
    (+) PAX Dev 2-day - READY
    (+) BYOC - READY
    (+) Hotel - READY
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hal15900 wrote: »
    So, I want to get setup in BYOC, but I also want to get a seat for the keynote.
    Will it be better to setup in BYOC and then run over to the keynote or go to the keynote first and take my machine to BYOC later?

Any suggestions, aside from "thinking with portals?"
    You can get into BYOC at 7 and the Keynote line starts at 8 at Benaroya. If you check in to BYOC at 7 and just drop your stuff at your desk without setting it up, you can probably get to Benaroya early enough to get in line to see the keynote. If you really don't need to get your stuff into BYOC quickly and really want to see the Kenote &c, you should probably just go to Benaroya at 8 and check in to BYOC later.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK, I'm here, got my BYOC badge, (after standing in 3 different lines, but after a 7 hr trip that should have been 5.5 hrs, I'm not complaining), met BigRed, and had food and beer. I'm good to go. I'll show up @ BYOC room sometime before 10. maybe. Depends on when I wake up!..j/k I'm so pumped I might not sleep :)

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • KittenPuncherKittenPuncher Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    So i don't think anybody has asked this yet. Its our first PAX and we were wondering whats the best place to unload the computers and if you guys have carts for us to use. Thanks in advance

KittenPuncher on
  • remorselessremorseless Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also wanted to know if we can pick them up friday morning

remorseless on
    Max sig height is 80 pixels
    custombanner-20454.png
  • imp22bimp22b Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sitting in BYOC, Woot for PAX

imp22b on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BYOC! Woooooo, let the good times ROL--PWN!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BYOC! Woooooo, let the good times ROL--PWN!

I second this statement :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • IndracoIndraco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So what's the BYOC tear down timeline/protocol tomorrow? Or, put another way: When do we have to get our stuff out of there?

Indraco on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Indraco wrote: »
    So what's the BYOC tear down timeline/protocol tomorrow? Or, put another way: When do we have to get our stuff out of there?

6:30

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • BinnyBinny Whidbey Island, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for an awesome BYOC!

Binny on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Had a blast in my first BYOC! Even though I can really only describe my PC gaming skills as dabbling until recently, I was thrilled that my new build stood up to the task! Loved all the random contests too. ...even if certain judges aren't fans of rainbows. :) Can't imagine doing PAX again without BYOC!

Will we have access again to any of the pics from the BYOC Intarwebz?

trickycoolj on
This discussion has been closed.