As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Burnout Paradise - Where we're going, we don't need roads.

1333435363739»

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, I still just need TWO trophies to get my platnum on this game; invite a friend and 8 players in the stadium.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I crashed when trying to enter the I-88 and so happened to have a few seconds left, so I decided to just rack up the boost bonus anyway and see whether I could still beat the required score.

... 300k from boost chain, whee! I think that was something like twenty linked burnouts, though. It's a good thing that the Kitano Hydros is so slow.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    You know, I still just need TWO trophies to get my platnum on this game; invite a friend and 8 players in the stadium.

I was stuck without the photo one for at least a year before I said fuck it and rented out an Eyetoy game (with Eyetoy) solely to get it.

Anyway, sorry I can't be much help to you ronya, I finished the game completely a couple years back, lost my save and since have only really played Big Surf Island. Which you should really, really get by the way. Big Surf Island might just be the best piece of DLC I've ever bought.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited September 2010
    Unavailable on PC sadly :(

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That's one of the biggest moments of complete Bullshit in EA's history, for the record. I know, I know, we were lucky to even get it on the PC.. but really, how hard would porting it have been?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, that really fucking sucks. I can't believe they didn't use that opportunity to use the EA Store for good rather than... Useless-ness. The only time I've ever used that thing was to buy the second piece of Mass Effect 1 DLC.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

i could play some burnout sometime, if you want help with these. my psn is the same as my forum name.

Ah_Pook on
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I do love me some Paradise, call me blasphemous - but I kinda crave some Revenge gameplay...

Hawk on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Revenge was my absolute favorite, but I still play Paradise a lot

like, a lot, a lot. It's my go-to racing game.

Have to play it with a 360 controller, though. Suck with the KBAM

Senshi on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

i could play some burnout sometime, if you want help with these. my psn is the same as my forum name.

I suck at Burnout, but you don't have to be any good to get an invite or show up in a stadium. PSN ID is ghjfghdfgcvb (yeah, I know).

I don't really follow this thread though, so shoot me a PM if you need me.

SmokeStacks on
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I suck at Burnout, but you don't have to be any good to get an invite or show up in a stadium. PSN ID is ghjfghdfgcvb (yeah, I know).

I don't really follow this thread though, so shoot me a PM if you need me.

May as well offer my help too; fortunately, my BP save was one of the things I salvaged from my dead launch PS3, so I just need to redownload patches and unlocks. PSN ID is the same as my forum name.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    edited September 2010
    50+ boost chain, 29 million stunt run score :mrgreen: I think the multiplier was maybe about ten.

Maybe it's because I'm playing with KBAM; dodging oncoming traffic is really easy - just tap left or right. You can see them coming a long way off on the I-88.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited September 2010
    i might make a thread at some point, but man need for speed hot pursuit is looking shit hot

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    I found Burnout Revenge in mint condition at GameStop none the less. It even had an unused 48-hour XBL trial card!

Hawk on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I got a chance to play Big Surf Island at a friend's last night, we powered through it in about six hours

it was fantastic

makes me rage that it's not on PC

Senshi on
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dammit people, reviving this thread, making me want to play Paradise again. IIRC, isn't there a version on PSN? Is it just the base game or does it come with the DLC?

Sangheili91 on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I still play this with some close friends online on a regular basis.

I finally got my last achievement: 250 challenges. Those are horribly difficult to gain due to not everyone cooperating periodically.

I have had some huge jerks that just refuse to follow the challenge rules...and sometimes a new guy that has no idea what he is doing.

My friends are already expecting Hot Pursuit to replace this as our goof and chat racing game. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dammit people, reviving this thread, making me want to play Paradise again. IIRC, isn't there a version on PSN? Is it just the base game or does it come with the DLC?

That's the base game. You still need to buy the DLC.

freakish light on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    However, DLC is the extra cars (Legendary, Boost Specials and Toys), Big Surf Island, Cops & Robbers and the Party Pack.

The Bikes are free.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Paradise is now awesome for what you get free, Bikes, Day & Night and just overall updates to the game.

Hawk on
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Started this tonight. I picked it up on sale on PSN earlier this year when you could get the game and all the paid DLC for $30 total (damn what a steal that was). How long does it take to really get to know the island? I only played for about 90 minutes or so tonight and (unsurprisingly) I'm still completely lost most of the time. What''s the best way to learn your way around? Otherwise it seems like a ton of fun thus far, although finding out which specific gate out of 400 I didn't smash is gonna get real obnoxious once I get down to the last 50 or so.

I'm also not much of a trophy whore, but I wouldn't mind finding a group to farm the meet at the stadium and invite a friend ones. My PSN ID is chrisfom.

Chris FOM on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just do the races and eventually you'll get a feel for the layout.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Depends on how fast you get a sense of direction in open world games. Took me about an hour, but it takes me about the same with something like GTA.

-Loki- on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a burnout license, and I still miss turns and get lost. :-p

Frem on
    edited September 2010
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    What''s the best way to learn your way around? Otherwise it seems like a ton of fun thus far, although finding out which specific gate out of 400 I didn't smash is gonna get real obnoxious once I get down to the last 50 or so.

just do events and drive around, itll come to you with time.

also theres an online savegame analyzer for the ps3 version that will give you a map of all the stuff youre missing, which is real handy for tracking down the last couple jumps/billboards/smash gates.

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    Started this tonight. I picked it up on sale on PSN earlier this year when you could get the game and all the paid DLC for $30 total (damn what a steal that was). How long does it take to really get to know the island? I only played for about 90 minutes or so tonight and (unsurprisingly) I'm still completely lost most of the time. What''s the best way to learn your way around? Otherwise it seems like a ton of fun thus far, although finding out which specific gate out of 400 I didn't smash is gonna get real obnoxious once I get down to the last 50 or so.

I'm also not much of a trophy whore, but I wouldn't mind finding a group to farm the meet at the stadium and invite a friend ones. My PSN ID is chrisfom.

I'm assuming you got the Ultimate Box off of the PSN for $30, which should be called the Misleading Box, because it doesn't have anywhere near all of the DLC.

The first thing I did when I fired the game up was spend a few hours just driving around, learning where everything is and busting gates, finding carparks/gas stations/paintshops/junkyards, smashing billboards, and finding super jumps. I still get lost more often than not, but it is a blast just driving around so I don't really care that much.

SmokeStacks on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm actually kinda disappointed that I know the map so well. Big Surf Island was great for that getting-lost feeling, because by that point the rest of the map actually felt kinda small.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What''s the best way to learn your way around? Otherwise it seems like a ton of fun thus far, although finding out which specific gate out of 400 I didn't smash is gonna get real obnoxious once I get down to the last 50 or so.

just do events and drive around, itll come to you with time.

also theres an online savegame analyzer for the ps3 version that will give you a map of all the stuff youre missing, which is real handy for tracking down the last couple jumps/billboards/smash gates.

OOoh that sounds really nice! Any links?

Icemopper on
    edited September 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I'm actually kinda disappointed that I know the map so well. Big Surf Island was great for that getting-lost feeling, because by that point the rest of the map actually felt kinda small.

it definitely didnt help this feeling that all the races ended up being pretty much the same, since there are pretty obvious best routes to get to the endpoints.

also the save game analyzer seems to be down? the link from criterions website leads to a dead site... you could maybe email them and ask about it.

edit: theres some kind of workaround that might get the save game analyzer working for you here

Ah_Pook on
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I'm assuming you got the Ultimate Box off of the PSN for $30, which should be called the Misleading Box, because it doesn't have anywhere near all of the DLC.

No, around February this year Sony ran a limited-time promotion for Paradise that I picked up. I'm kind of surprised it didn't get mentioned in this thread at all to be honest. Linky. It definitely seems like it includes everything. Both the DLC page for Paradise on PSN as well as the in-game store have me listed as owning everything available. What was the Ultimate Box missing?

Chris FOM on
    edited September 2010
    Holy shit, that was a good deal.

The Ultimate Box on the PSN just has the vanilla game plus the Party Pack.

SmokeStacks on