As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Herpes: Going Rogue: TANKS OWN, DEAL W/IT

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    and of course, HO

Hamidon Origin Enhancements

but nobody uses those anymore

Pony on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd slot the movement ones but fuck trying to get them. I have no idea how much they cost these days, but I'm sure they're not worth it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No my hammy's!

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Up to level 7 with my Praetorian energy blaster, and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of the game aside from the lingo (this IO/SO/DO discussion could be in an alien language and would read similarly to me).

One question - where the hell do I go to sell these oodles of enhancements and inspirations that I won't use? At this point I'm not even really buying anything, but I hate just throwing away enhancements that I can't use or Inspirations that I don't use whenever I could apparently be selling them somewhere. Everyone I've tried to go to just gives me notes next to each of them "Can't sell here"

If you look on the minimap, there should be little circles with dollar signs in them.

The ones that say "vendor" and not "merit vendor" will buy your unused enhancements and whatnot.

Lawndart on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Merit Vendor I went to and it has nothing selectable in there except a drop-down box for "All" which doesn't actually drop anything down yet.

I'll check out a few more vendors tonight though - especially that bot near the trainer in Nova. Thanks for the help!

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, the merit vendor is for merit rewards. You just need a regular old vendor that buys and sells enhancements and inspirations.

Selling your more powerful inspirations at the auction house is a good way to make a little cash early on.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I still have some HO's on my first 50. Holy christ what a tremendous effort to kill a thing for like only 2 of them.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aggro Craig?

Jesus, I'm in love

fake edit: inherent fitness????!?!?

ffffff unnffff hgkurhghg

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    I still have some HO's on my first 50. Holy christ what a tremendous effort to kill a thing for like only 2 of them.

Yeah, it took crazy organization from like 50 different people, but at the same time there was absolutely nothing for level 50's to do at the time.

Plus, it was back when you could still get full value from 6 slotting things, so suddenly having an attack that was a full 100% attack and 100% accuracy was crazy. Or the half attack half range where suddenly you could snipe something from across the map and it wouldn't register aggro.

Man, I got a lot of memories from CoH.

Fedora on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    and of course, HO

Hamidon Origin Enhancements

but nobody uses those anymore

They do but more for the defense debuff exploit than any actual use. I use a few, they are pretty handy in pets. The Lich, in particular, really gets some mileage out of those acc/mez HOs. And acc/dams are a good way to round out a power.

Narbus on
    edited September 2010
    Fedora wrote: »

Yeah, it took crazy organization from like 50 different people, but at the same time there was absolutely nothing for level 50's to do at the time.

Plus, it was back when you could still get full value from 6 slotting things, so suddenly having an attack that was a full 100% attack and 100% accuracy was crazy. Or the half attack half range where suddenly you could snipe something from across the map and it wouldn't register aggro.

Man, I got a lot of memories from CoH.

LFM WW miss PST

Those

fucking

War Wolves

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited September 2010

LFM WW miss PST

Those

fucking

War Wolves

Don't even get me started on war wolves dude. People thought they had it all figured out with tauntbots and fire tanks.

Nope.

Rad defenders and perma-nemesis staff's. Going to lvl 50 in a day. My all rad defender/Controller group pretty much single handily got that temp power changed because of that.

Fedora on
    edited September 2010
    Ahahaha geez.

People always grinded either that WW mission or that one with like a thousand of those...Mad Max-esque guys, ugh what are they called

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Freakshow

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited September 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Freakshow

Yeah, we did those too. Group Flight + No dmg cap on debuffs ( the only caps were on buff's at the time) + no caps on how many things you could hit with AoE's or debuffs (this was before they limited it to 10) = Hahahaha power lvling.

Fedora on
    edited September 2010
    I remember having a tank round as many freakshow as he could into one of those containers, and then spamming aoe attacks. I just watched as my xp gauge just shot up.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited September 2010
    And then there was the winter of the snow lords.

I wonder who over looked the whole giant monsters don't give scaled xp they give lvl 50 xp and yet they're able to be killed by lvl 5's.

Fedora on
    edited September 2010
    Ahahaha oh my god that was a mess. Does anyone still go in that Shattered...zone? The one through the stargate thing? That was a pretty cool zone...well only if you had flight anyway.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Solo all the enemies with smoke grenade and caltrops.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited September 2010

When the game was first released Super Speed had a massive accuracy debuff when it was turned on, but to compensate it also gave the user a massive +Def. Fire blaster's "Rain of Fire" was also an auto hit.

The first lvl 50 was a fire/dev blaster with superspeed.

Fedora on
    edited September 2010
    When I came back in '06 I made a Fire/Dev to relive the glory days. I had no idea everything had been nerfed or fixed depending on how you look at it.

I still got that fucker to 50. I nearly quit a bunch of times through the 30s though. Worst goddamn section of leveling then.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited September 2010
    Fedora wrote: »

When the game was first released Super Speed had a massive accuracy debuff when it was turned on, but to compensate it also gave the user a massive +Def. Fire blaster's "Rain of Fire" was also an auto hit.

The first lvl 50 was a fire/dev blaster with superspeed.

My favorite was the combo of Burn and Provoke.

Apparently the urge to not stand in the middle of a burning inferno and die is not as strong as the urge to attack someone who made fun of your mother.

Lawndart on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Made a new dude! Dominator, mind control primary, energy secondary. Think it looks pretty interesting. Crowd Control seems to have a more prominent role in this game and might be a lot of fun. I actually made some effort to craft a story for him too. I don't RP, but it's still sort of fun to do so. Gives the dude you're playing a little more flavor.

Victor Ego as follows:
    victorego.jpg

Going to give him black hair instead of gray first chance at the tailor. I'd made it gray for some reason originally, but had forgotten to change it back to black when that was no longer necessary. Here is the story.

egostory.jpg

Cilla Black on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I remember having a tank round as many freakshow as he could into one of those containers, and then spamming aoe attacks. I just watched as my xp gauge just shot up.

AHEM.

Narbus on
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fallout wrote: »
    Aggro Craig?

Jesus, I'm in love

fake edit: inherent fitness????!?!?

ffffff unnffff hgkurhghg

Aww, gee thanks. It's just a damn shame that, by sheer vitrue of him being a Tanker, he had to go by the wayside because my Praetorian Brute is just so much more fun to play.
    There's so many damn people in Praetorian mobs!

WeX Majors on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh my god you guys the new Burn

it is

glory

Ledneh on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    still wiping glory off my boots over here

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited September 2010
    yeah sorry when I was exposed to the glory i widdled a little

Ledneh on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2010
    Made a new dude! Dominator, mind control primary, energy secondary. Think it looks pretty interesting. Crowd Control seems to have a more prominent role in this game and might be a lot of fun. I actually made some effort to craft a story for him too. I don't RP, but it's still sort of fun to do so. Gives the dude you're playing a little more flavor.

Victor Ego as follows:
    victorego.jpg

Going to give him black hair instead of gray first chance at the tailor. I'd made it gray for some reason originally, but had forgotten to change it back to black when that was no longer necessary. Here is the story.

egostory.jpg

I know I'm way late on this but I just wanted to say you picked the absolute worst secondary for Doms, and maybe in the entire game.

A duck! on
    edited September 2010
    If I were to make a Dom this very second it would probably have fire as the secondary. Get fire mastery for Fireball.

Dunno what I would pick as a primary, though.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited September 2010
    Thinking more about it and it would probably be Earth Control.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited September 2010
    Thinking more about it and it would probably be Earth Control.

I have an Earth/Fire and it is hella balla.

A duck! on
    edited September 2010
    I miss my ice/ice dom. Took awhile to kill things with all that single target damage, but my god did I do it in complete safety.

Just arctic air, shiver, ice slick, then get up and go the bathroom and by the time you come back Jack Frost's killed everything or they've killed themselves in the confusion.

Fedora on
    edited September 2010
    Is Energy really that bad? Most of the things I've read about it don't say it is so incredibly awful. Definitely not at the level of terrible you're describing.

I'd definitely thought about Fire but the DoT damage a bunch of the abilites can leave seems counter-productive when your primary has some crowd control abilities that can be broken on damage.

Though, considering how hectic most group encounters are, damage is going to get tossed around a shitload anyway.

Cilla Black on
    edited September 2010
    Is Energy really that bad? Most of the things I've read about it don't say it is so incredibly awful. Definitely not at the level of terrible you're describing.

I'd definitely thought about Fire but the DoT damage a bunch of the abilites can leave seems counter-productive when your primary has some crowd control abilities that can be broken on damage.

Though, considering how hectic most group encounters are, damage is going to get tossed around a shitload anyway.

You will almost never use those sleeps outside of the LRSF. I think /NRG did get tweaked a while ago to get brought back into the fold a bit, but it still has terrible, terrible AoE and questionable ST damage. Before it was just balls, now it's just the least best.

A duck! on
    edited September 2010
    I've just already got two fire primaries, one a blaster and another a corrupter. Want to try killing dudes with something else.

Cilla Black on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't decide on a brute primary, I'm leaning towards war mace or battle axe though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited September 2010
    War Mace is ballin, dunno about battle axe

Fire is always great

Ledneh on
    edited September 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »
    War Mace is ballin, dunno about battle axe

Fire is always great

Wait, what?

War Mace?

Seriously?

I mean, I've been gone from CoX for a long-ass time and the plethora of changes and improvements continues to baffle and astound me, but if War Mace is now amongst the top tier anything sets, I feel a queasy sense of vertigo akin to that scene from that movie where the dude reveals that really big shocking secret to that other dude.

Lawndart on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's actually hard to go wrong with any brute primary (well...there's dual blades, I guess?).

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants