As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime '10 Costumes

• feyithfeyith Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Emerez wrote: »

LIES! I'm doing Leeloo!!!!!
    Saw you and <3'd the costume!!
    Seconded! :D

feyith on
  • draginitedraginite Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    I could use some help. I'm planning on going to PAX East, and this will be not only my first video game convention (I've been to ComicCon and Anime Festival in previous years), but also my first video game related cosplay. I'm trying to do a cosplay that won't cost too much, but will still be noticed and appreciated. I could use some ideas, and some help :3

So far, two characters I would love to do are Professor Layton and Alan Wake, and both seem fairly cheap to put together.

I also thought of the Hunter from L4D1, and Alex Mercer.

draginite on
    Hey, I draw!
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TF2 sentry gun! I saw that and assumed it was a sort of chibi mega-man-related costume.

It was awesome, and now it's even more awesome now that I know what it was.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    UPDATE!!: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS COSTUME FINISHED! It WILL be at PAX at least for the FIRST HALF of FRIDAY! :D

Yup
    And another massive thanks to the trio of Halo cosplayers who posed for a picture with Max. Max was a bit shy about it and so dad was a bit...insistant that he get in there and ask. He may have seemed a bit stoic about it, but really it was a big deal for him.

Glad we or I at least could help make his PAX experience a good one :)

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    anyone got a pic of me?, i was the sniper in full camo ghillie

yabukasigi on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone got pics of me? I was the Red Halo Spartan on Saturday and 09 PAX Twisted fate from League of Legends on Friday and Sunday.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm sure I'll appear in quite a few shots, but if anyone has any personal pics of me, I'd love them. :)

Heleor on
  • Connie ConnikeConnie Connike Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey, guys! If you have any pictures of Team Rocket that include me, I would love them!

I was the one with the sleeveless dress and a freakin' huge backpack. Something like this but with boots.

Connie Connike on
    CONNIKE
    rocket grunt

|LJ | Plurk | VDex |
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looking for photos of little sister and Delta combos, please post them here or send me a PM and I will get my email to you

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh wow, so much to tell but I'll keep it short. Soooo much fun. I'll post pictures tomorrow once I organize everything but I had a lot of fun in all my outfits.

Poo was great since we were in out full group and lots of people recognized us, in fact one of the original translators for Earthbound came up to me and talked to us, it made me sooo happy.

Boney no one recognized me till I was with my Mother3 group but that was to be expected, I only wore it for an hour anyways.

Same thing with Matodotsuki though people did recognize me, I'm sure more people would have but I didn't stay in the convention for too long.

A lot of people asked for pictures of me in my Pokemon Girl Black/White outfit, though I'm sure it was because my friend was an adorable Pichu gajinka ;)

With Tara I didn't have time to wear it in the convention however the day before we found a really cool forest area that was perfect for some shots. The only bad thing is that I forgot to zip up the collar leading it to not appear in the pictures >:( my stupid fault.

Thanks for the pic Mill! Your Gabe was great! It's a shame I was in a rush so I couldn't get to talk to you more though :(

Also MasseffectMe looks like the picture hoarding will have to wait...I only saw you on the escalator for like five seconds before I had to go. Sorry about that though maybe it was for the best. :D

Curse-Ten on
  • ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I had an absolutely wonderful time, I am sad PAX is over!

There were some amazing costumes, and I had a good time seeing you all!

Fellow Street Fighter cosplayers: It was so fun to see all of your costumes, and really fun to take all the group shots! (I was the Rose) You guys were seriously awesome!

It was also fun being a Team Rocket Executive and hanging around the PAX Pokemon league, there were great cosplays there, too.

I told some people I'd find them on here or on Facebook to exchange pictures; I will look for you guys shortly, though if I don't get a hold of you, PM me. :)

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • LaKangaRueLaKangaRue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    yabukasigi wrote: »

I wanted a picture with you so bad D: you always made it just past me lol. I was one of 2 zombie girls, if you happened to see us.

LaKangaRue on
  • Saturn7VashSaturn7Vash Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Princess Peach here! Looking for pics of me with my Fire flower Mario! I know we got our picture taken a lot and would love to see them!! :)

Saturn7Vash on
  • dshiuredshiure Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was Sophitia on Friday. Is anyone who took my picture reading this now?

dshiure on
  • BatskeetsBatskeets Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was Psylocke on Saturday, if anyone has a shot. :)

Batskeets on
  • JasonSolarisJasonSolaris Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    yabukasigi wrote: »

Not my pic, but is this you?

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=6&cId=3181230

Later

JasonSolaris on
  • DanishDanish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey everyone! I was Phoenix Wright with the big 'Objection!' sign. On Saturday I was in a group with a Maya Fey and Ema Skye and on Sunday I was traveling with some Team Rocket grunts. Did anyone get any pictures of me or my group?

Thanks in advance!

Danish on
  • AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey, guys!

I was wondering if anyone has Saturday photos of me and my twin? Our cosplays looked like this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=354277&l=6fe7ba7d27&id=1733390938 We were the Devil May Cry twins Dante and Vergil.

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Danish wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I was Phoenix Wright with the big 'Objection!' sign. On Saturday I was in a group with a Maya Fey and Ema Skye and on Sunday I was traveling with some Team Rocket grunts. Did anyone get any pictures of me or my group?

Thanks in advance!

There's this photo posted on kotaku:
    img_1844-w1200.jpg

goggles on
  • yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    yea it is

yabukasigi on
  • stuffedskullcatstuffedskullcat Head Kerfuffler? I dunno... PDXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I had so much fun, I can't believe it's over... it felt like a week to me.

I went as a Ghostbuster on Saturday and Sunday, if anyone has any pics I'd love to see them. I was a solo GB, there were a couple of other GB's I saw, though. My Proton Pack had a Millennium Falcon model in it. :D

stuffedskullcat on
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."
    -Frith, Watership Down
  • OtikOtik Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I kept missing your sign. Sorry. You guys were one of my favorites.
    4962634075_ac6e6fe2a3.jpg
    DSC_9545 by captainsnorty, on Flickr
    4963229280_3432677d72.jpg
    DSC_9607 by captainsnorty, on Flickr

Otik on
    edited September 2010
    I had so much fun, I can't believe it's over... it felt like a week to me.

I went as a Ghostbuster on Saturday and Sunday, if anyone has any pics I'd love to see them. I was a solo GB, there were a couple of other GB's I saw, though. My Proton Pack had a Millennium Falcon model in it. :D

I believe this is you: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/highwind86/Ghostbuster.jpg

:D

Danish on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone happen to catch me on Friday in my Clear Sky suit? I wanted to wear it the rest of PAX, but I was crammed into a VT pilot chair after I got knocked out of the Omegathon and wanted to remain fairly comfortable while busy cutter booming people :3.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did anyone catch a pic of my ezio costume?

itasha on
    edited September 2010
    itasha wrote: »

Is this you? Heck, you were probably the only Ezio on Saturday. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=354442&l=783d970a5b&id=1733390938

Amleya on
    edited September 2010
    Amleya wrote: »

Is this you? Heck, you were probably the only Ezio on Saturday. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=354442&l=783d970a5b&id=1733390938

No not me but that was a great costume! Wish I would of seem that person I would want to do some team photos lol who was the female sheppard? I tried to find her all week bit never caught up to her that costume was insane and that garrous one was awsome too

itasha on
    edited September 2010
    Amleya wrote: »

No not me but that was a great costume! Wish I would of seem that person I would want to do some team photos lol who was the female sheppard? I tried to find her all week bit never caught up to her that costume was insane and that garrous one was awsome too

We didn't see you at all then. D: Um, can you tell us what days you were Ezio? I've seen that one on Saturday and my sister was Ezio on Sunday. We've really only found Altairs and we walked almost everywhere in the con center (not panels or concerts though).

EDIT: I have another Ezio pic I overlooked http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=352970&l=a6746763b8&id=1733390938

Amleya on
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did anyone catch Carl not needing any instructions to know how to ROCK?

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
    edited September 2010
    All three days. I saw alot of altiar too. Umm sat I was the one playing tag in freeway park in costume. We had alot of fun wish I woulda brought my camera. We had to leave the locals got kinda vocal cause 5 of us were in cosplay and couldn't take the words Fag homo and tool over and over. 3 naruto 1 ezio and 1 faith from mirrors edge. It was awsome. We headed to the westin to change we thought these guys were gonna try to start something they kept fallowing us. First year cosplay at pax was great out side scary!

itasha on
  • masseffectmemasseffectme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PAX was incredible, and the guys at Bioware were so great. Here is a pic hanging out with them
    pax7.jpg
    if you want to see more you can head over to my facebook page. www.facebook.com/masseffectme

masseffectme on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Help Me Fight For The Lost
    www.masseffectme.com
    www.facebook.com/masseffectme
    www.twitter.com/masseffectme
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did anyone get a picture of that Blue and White Master Chief?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Batskeets wrote: »
    I was Psylocke on Saturday, if anyone has a shot. :)

I didn't get a shot of you, but I saw you - the costume was awesome.

Axon on
  • stuffedskullcatstuffedskullcat Head Kerfuffler? I dunno... PDXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kor wrote: »

Uploading now, I got some video of him dancing too. :D

stuffedskullcat on
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."
    -Frith, Watership Down
  • Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Danish wrote: »

Thanks in advance!
    I got a pic of you guys on Saturday! I haven't uploaded photos yet, but I'll let you know when I do. I was the one who cornered you guys in front of the Tully's on the 4th floor because I was happy to see Ace Attorney represented (hurp durp bad legal pun).

Lynx_ on
  • GirlOverboardGirlOverboard Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    If anyone got pictures of me as the piranha plant, I'd love to see them! :)

GirlOverboard on
  • RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sup y'all. I was the demoman in the big TF2 group, as some of y'all watching the thread have seen. Any pics of group, including the sexy but tasteful medic, our sandvich-wielding heavy, our adorable pyro girl, our equipment-laden engi, and our spunky scout would be appreciated. <3

RoadBlock on
    edited September 2010
    Kor wrote: »

Here.

...having trouble uploading the video, I'll PM you if this is the one you were thinking of.

stuffedskullcat on
    -Frith, Watership Down
    edited September 2010
    If anyone got pictures of me as the piranha plant, I'd love to see them! :)

I do believe this is you: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/highwind86/PiranhaPlantGirl.jpg

Sorry I don't have any better photos!!

Danish on
  • GirlOverboardGirlOverboard Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Yay! Yes, that was me - thank you!

GirlOverboard on
This discussion has been closed.