As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Craft some Stars!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    hmm

well I will attempt a different strategy

I need to get better at using the hotkeys

of course this doesn't apply to anyone but the Protoss, right?

the normal command keys stay the same, like patrol, stop, hold position.

The ability and building keys are protoss only, but getting good with them will still improve your macroing with one hand while doing other shit with your mouse ability.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really like the warp gate auto hotkey

it's like blizzard said 'okay, we'll make something a little easier but don't expect me to help you with any other production GEEZ'

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    hmm

well I will attempt a different strategy

I need to get better at using the hotkeys

of course this doesn't apply to anyone but the Protoss, right?

Zerg have a similar mechanic with Hatcheries. You can't really "queue" zerg units, they just all build at the same time, which is why having large numbers of Larvae is important.

Terrans can mitigate the queueing a little bit with Reactors, but mostly your only solution is to have large numbers of unit-producing buildings.

The idea is that if you have a lot of minerals and are stuck queueing units because you don't have enough Barracks or Factories, or whatever, throw down another Barracks or Factory, or 2 or 3!!

sarukun on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reactors are so good. I lift off raxes and make more reactors sometimes just so I have a bajillion!

A bajillion is code for 3. 4 if I'm making hellions. I'm swinging back around to loving hellions.

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited September 2010
    TheStig on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    whoaaaaaaaaaa holy crap that's awesome!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm. Just fought a Protoss on Scrap Station who build 0 ground attack forces. Void rays and carriers, void rays and carriers. A couple observers, a couple warp prisms, a few phoenixes, but aside from that, the only thing he build that went on the ground were probes. I beat him through resource starvation eventually (and the fact he didn't attack during points where he could have won), but the massed-Viking response seemed suboptimal. Should I have just set up more barracks and thrown in a lot more marines in the mix?

SabreMau on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Hmm. Just fought a Protoss on Scrap Station who build 0 ground attack forces. Void rays and carriers, void rays and carriers. A couple observers, a couple warp prisms, a few phoenixes, but aside from that, the only thing he build that went on the ground were probes. I beat him through resource starvation eventually (and the fact he didn't attack during points where he could have won), but the massed-Viking response seemed suboptimal. Should I have just set up more barracks and thrown in a lot more marines in the mix?

why didn't you kill him 5 minutes in

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    edited September 2010
    Beef I was going to post that. Stop posting things that I want to post.

Seriously you could have won that with like 2 marauders and a marine.

TheStig on
    edited September 2010
    8-)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited September 2010

why didn't you kill him 5 minutes in

5 minutes in I didn't have the forces to get past the 5 or so cannons he'd walled off with. I'm still trying to figure out the best force composition and timing to do these things.

SabreMau on
    edited September 2010
    Did your scv scout a forge first or a gateway first?

TheStig on
    edited September 2010
    Ohhh, SCV scout. That's what I forgot to do.

No, it was on my first sensor scan after Orbital Command went up. Saw the cannons, saw one stargate and another under construction.

SabreMau on
    edited September 2010
    well it sounds like you more or less did the right thing to beat a turtle. Beat him in economy until you can crush him. Vikings are a very good counter, though more marines never hurts while you're on the defense against something like that.

To finish the game you could break his turtle with tanks + scans, nukes, battlecruiser yamatos, dropships, or just a-move a massive army

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited September 2010
    The scv scout should really be part of your build. Like my 10th drone is always rallied to the enemy base.
    I'm not sure how terrans do it, is it the scv that built the supply depot that scouts?

TheStig on
    edited September 2010
    I've always been telling the SCV that builds the supply depot to sit still for like two seconds until I've got the 150 minerals, then build the barracks right next to the depot. But it occurs to me that I could just queue-move that one to send it out as soon as it's done and use those two seconds sending another SCV down to finish the wall.

SabreMau on
    edited September 2010
    GSL day 5 is a go! Should be awesome, tester, artosis, and intotherainbow playing

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited September 2010
    summary of GSL so far:
    f1cfn4.jpg

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hahahahah

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've always been telling the SCV that builds the supply depot to sit still for like two seconds until I've got the 150 minerals, then build the barracks right next to the depot. But it occurs to me that I could just queue-move that one to send it out as soon as it's done and use those two seconds sending another SCV down to finish the wall.

Send the one who builds the depot to scout. Just shift click inside the base a few times then shift-move it to a watchtower or back to your base, up to you.

If someone is going super rush to air, you want to go 2 barracks ----> medivac and drop them. The more marines the better.

Any protoss with more than one cannon is rushing to air... or dark templar. This is my guarantee to YOU.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is supposedly a bug where you can warp in immortals from warpgates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyZjC_mj68

HoA-player on
  • animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    that's pretty hilarious

especially because he still lost so hugely

animal companion on
    VdxNI.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    apparently, seeing as immortals once WERE warpgate units, blizzard just removed the button from the ui, but not the actual command.
    All that needs to be done is somehow execute that already existent command; Which is also why it only works for immortals

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited September 2010
    wonder what this means for other "removed" features
    will we see other stuff from the beta/alpha make it back in the game by illegitimate means?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited September 2010
    summary of GSL so far:
    f1cfn4.jpg

Ha. Is that tasteless on the right? He looks a lot like his brother. (surprise)

That immortal bug, if it's true, is gonna get patched out so fast. Also any other similar vulnerabilities will be patched too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2010
    press 'L' to morph your hydras into lurkers

(keep it on the downlow)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited September 2010
    summary of GSL so far:
    f1cfn4.jpg

Ha. Is that tasteless on the right? He looks a lot like his brother. (surprise)

That immortal bug, if it's true, is gonna get patched out so fast. Also any other similar vulnerabilities will be patched too.

yes it's Artosis and Tasteless, who're doing all of the english commentary for the GSL

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited September 2010
    press 'L' to morph your hydras into lurkers

(keep it on the downlow)

I wonder if the mothership abilities are still there.

TheStig on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    apparently, seeing as immortals once WERE warpgate units, blizzard just removed the button from the ui, but not the actual command.
    All that needs to be done is somehow execute that already existent command; Which is also why it only works for immortals

i think this also explains why the caster was saying they cost more than they should

ronzo on
    edited September 2010
    today was the day I stopped worrying and started loving the bling

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited September 2010
    me and my teammate went muta/bling and voidray harass into voidray+x (was planned later on)
    interestingly, after their first almost full hydra armies getting melted by banelings, they .. tried more hydras
    It didn't work out

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I remember the time I scouted some guy going double reactor rax, and I quick teched to colossi (this was on scrap station, I'm not THAT stupid). After I punished his first push, his answer? 2 more reactor rax.

Some people just don't learn.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited September 2010
    they DID have three evo chambers each, so they probably fully committed to ground upgrades and didn't want to switch to air?
    still
    hydras fail pretty damn spectacularly against sling/bling

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Sloppppyyyyy, it takes like 10 seconds to unhook that in the data editor.

sarukun on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like how saru is one of the most vocal people when it comes to the things that are actual legitimate problems with the game, instead of inane complaints.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh man

anyone else catch the dig at hd/husky in the latest daily (the latest one on youtube, at least)

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Day9 starting.

Day needs like his own 24 hour radio station, I dig his taste in music.

TheStig on
    edited September 2010
    I have a mancrush on Day 9.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Day9 starting.

Day needs like his own 24 hour radio station, I dig his taste in music.

I was thinking this earlier today and it's not quite a 24 hour radio station but there is at least this list of songs that he's played before the dailies

thank god for the internet

FrylockHolmes on
    edited September 2010
    SLyM wrote: »
    I like how saru is one of the most vocal people when it comes to the things that are actual legitimate problems with the game, instead of inane complaints.
    well it is his job

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.