As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Chat] On the Block

LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hate everyone in this thread

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That's a really unfriendly attitude, Zen.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Birth Rape.

I'm pretty okay with that term.

EDIT

Oh, wait, nevermind. The article actually loaded and now I've read it.

I thought it may have had something to do with politicians forcing women to unnecessary exams prior to abortions.

This, on the other hand, I dunno about this. I think the author and commentator on the article tend to not understand that a doctor providing an exam is not no where near the same thing as rape.

Sheep on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Clearly this will be the best thread.

desc on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nexuscrawler on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Men!

lumberjack.jpg

Men!

arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

Men!

poison_group.jpg

Men!

1205966380_divineyouthinkyoureamanzj6.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    HELL YES

THIS THREAD

Silas Brown on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the worst thing about 5 litres of beer is the volume rather than the alcohol content

you're going to be pissing a lot

Tav on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I had a NKotB tape, when I was a wee lad.

Haphazard on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man if someone got "cut off" at a pax line it was probably because they didn't understand where the fucking line was, like at the god awful GW 2 booth.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Least terrible of new chats.

Daxon on
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man if someone got "cut off" at a pax line it was probably because they didn't understand where the fucking line was, like at the god awful GW 2 booth.

That was a terrible booth. On Friday a bunch of us got in line to get into the demo, and didn't find out until 30 minutes later, at the head of the line, that we were actually in the t-shirt line.

Silas Brown on
    edited September 2010
    Don't you slight NKoTB Daxon. Don't you do it!

desc on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I wanted to try GW2 but there wasn't a line, there was just a big mass of nerd undulating near a bunch of PC screens.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i feel an infraction comin on

nexuscrawler on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I guess I can post in this chat.

Hachface on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Your mother.

James on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    so i maintain that the alleviation of pain is categorically different than recreational hallucination.

i guess i feel like if someone wants to make a case that recreational drugs are okay, then it should be done on its own merits rather than a comparison to meduical "drugs" as a broad category.

i mean, drawing a corellary to alcohol is probably the easiest approach. lots of people drink for fun, but few people take advil for fun.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

That was a terrible booth. On Friday a bunch of us got in line to get into the demo, and didn't find out until 30 minutes later, at the head of the line, that we were actually in the t-shirt line.

What I hated is that when you played the demo you were supposed to get a card or some shit for finishing, only after waiting in line for 2 hours and playing the mediocre demo "Lol no more cards, hope you enjoyed the demo."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK.

Its your body and the use of recreational drugs is OK as long as they're used responsibly in a safe place. Just like alcohol, which incidentally is a recreational drug.

Ludious on
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry to hear the GW2 demo was mediocre. It's one of the two MMOs I'm really excited about.

Silas Brown on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    desc wrote: »

The song made me disgusted with myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEkvbRmfrA

Infinitely better, not a challenge, but still true.

Daxon on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I contend that this [chat] is superior.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I endorse this thread.

WMain00 on
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

The song made me disgusted with myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEkvbRmfrA

Infinitely better, not a challenge, but still true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjEKR1gYmU

desc on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry to hear the GW2 demo was mediocre. It's one of the two MMOs I'm really excited about.

Well the demo was poorly designed. It made you play the first 40 minutes of an MMO. So, it basically made you play a tutorial. It should have dropped you in at max level doing pvp against other players or something.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    how devious

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    Well GW2 plays like an mmo single player hybrid with some annoying cutscenes and at least at early levels, extremely boring fighting. I mean you can auto attack your selectables and jesus that just makes you notice how boring fighting things are. And they are really in love with the events that were in war and champions. Character customization was nice, but I can't see playing it.

Outside of Wow, I'm done with status quo combat.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I contend that this [chat] is superior.

NOW THAT PODLY HAS ENDORSED THIS CHAT WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MOVE FORWARD WITH IT

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    ....aaaaand the offer I'd made on a house just fell apart.

Doc on
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Well the demo was poorly designed. It made you play the first 40 minutes of an MMO. So, it basically made you play a tutorial. It should have dropped you in at max level doing pvp against other players or something.

To be fair, if the game doesn't get fun until max level, I'm not interested in it anyway. But yeah, maybe the first 40 minutes is a little too early in.

Silas Brown on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My day is going from slamed to nothing to do to back to slammed. Shit needs to stop. And Gooey, it isn't raining right now. I can see out a window from where I am and it's blue skies in Houston.

Thomamelas on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so i maintain that the alleviation of pain is categorically different than recreational hallucination.

i guess i feel like if someone wants to make a case that recreational drugs are okay, then it should be done on its own merits rather than a comparison to meduical "drugs" as a broad category.

i mean, drawing a corellary to alcohol is probably the easiest approach. lots of people drink for fun, but few people take advil for fun.

What about, like, Oxycontin?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited September 2010
    Well GW2 plays like an mmo single player hybrid with some annoying cutscenes and at least at early levels, extremely boring fighting. I mean you can auto attack your selectables and jesus that just makes you notice how boring fighting things are. And they are really in love with the events that were in war and champions. Character customization was nice, but I can't see playing it.

Oh, fucking public event zones. I never did like those for some reason.

Silas Brown on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I think it depends on how you approach it. If you are against taking 'drugs' because they 'alter' you but you don't have trouble taking pain medication and the like, then I think it's fair to say that's incoherent as a position.

But I'm not sure how many people are that ideological in their approach to abstinence. Most of them seem to just refrain because they don't like the perceived pros/cons.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010

GW1 was much the same, only without meaningful character customization.

my understanding was that things only got interesting and fun much later as you opened up ability options and builds

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am interested in TOR. I'm thinking of picking it up next Summer.

Tav on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooh! Hair metal! Now with 4-neck guitar!

W T F

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited September 2010

GW1 was much the same, only without meaningful character customization.

my understanding was that things only got interesting and fun much later as you opened up ability options and builds

Well as a terrifying thought, they have 80 levels this time. Only one other game opened with 80 and that was fucking AoC, so bad sign for that.

Skills were also confusing how you bought them and implemented them? And then all players had some kind of f1 ability? I dunno it just felt like a mediocre mmo all around with some slight variation.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.