As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 2: The Escalation!

123457»

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    It's so far away though.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Atrius, can you let me know when you would like to play our game?

Heffling on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A week is fine with me, I'm still behind anyway. If I can't catch smurfy on tomorrow, I'll just forfeit that match so I can get to playing the next one.

PolloDiablo on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If we can't find Smurfy, maybe Pollo and I should run a match instead.

Extreaminatus on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Guysguysguys.

Vassal is now at 5.4

EDIT: You will have to download the expansion for 5.4 and then add them all manually before models can be accessed. Spess Wolves and Blood Angles have also been added.

Extreaminatus on
    edited September 2010
    Extream,

If you download the entire program rather than just the extensions and make sure the files are in the correct directory, you don't have to install them one at a time.

Heffling on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What do you mean the entire program, and which is the correct directory? Clease my HD of vassal and start again from scratch? After all this time, I've got vassal files scattered all over the place.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited September 2010
    There are two files you can download. One is the extensions file, the other is the full program. What you want to happen is you'll have a "Vassal40k" file. You want all of the other files to be in a sub directory of whatever directory has the "Vassal40k" file, with the sub directory named "Vassal40k_ext"

Heffling on
    edited September 2010
    Yeeeah. I'm with Gabriel on this one, my stuff is so scattered around that I couldn't figure out how to do it otherwise. Oh well, got it up and running, ready for my next game since I couldn't seem to catch Smurfy at all this week.

Extreaminatus on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Law - You around this weekend?

Sharp101 on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There's a solid chance of me being around.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited September 2010
    So, Atrius has missed two apointments to play with me, and hasn't responded to my posting in this thread or PMs this week. According to his profile, he hasn't logged onto PA since August 27th. I hope nothing has happened to him, and I don't know how to get my game in.

Heffling on
  • Undead UnicornUndead Unicorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dang I can't believe I ever missed this thread! Someone PM me when Season 3 starts (if you could play as the Tau)

Also, good luck

Undead Unicorn on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I figure most of us who were at PAX are back now so we are ready whenever for the new schedule.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010
    Heff, Atrius was at a wedding with me this weekend and his internet has died at home. I'll see if there's another way of getting a hold of him, but for now, I'll pass the message along.

Extreaminatus on
    edited September 2010
    Extream,

Thank you for the update. I'm very happy to know nothing serious has happened.

Heffling on
    edited September 2010
    Just out of curiosity did anyone get their games in this weekend?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010
    I didn't. I'm just gonna go ahead and fight Eldercat. Eldercat, do you have any time in particular that would be good?

PolloDiablo on
    edited September 2010
    Maybe tomorrow night?

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited September 2010
    Works for me.

PolloDiablo on
    edited September 2010
    I need to get my fight in sometime this week, too. Any takers?

Extreaminatus on
    edited September 2010
    I am hanging out online if anyone wants to play.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited September 2010
    I haven't seen Smurfy on for a while, and I don't know when Atrius will be getting his internet back and be able to play (Extream, can you find out?). Do we want to consider them dropped and reshuffle the remaining players so we can get back on track?

Heffling on
    edited September 2010
    I need to do something, because this is falling apart. I will think about it tomorrow. I am DEFINITELY doing a challenge league as the next season, so people can jump in and out as wanted/needed.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited September 2010
    I am super busy at school, so I guess I suck.

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2010
    Heff, I'll ask him. If it doesn't look like it'll be fixed soon, I'll just have him come over to my place and do it. Also, looks like I'll be out of town again this weekend so if whoever wants to get a game in, I'm free almost all day tomorrow.

Extreaminatus on
  • SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Perhaps this could morph into a challenge league. I'm going to have to drop out as the way this is shaping up I won't be able to play the final two weeks due to vacations and business travel. I had a lot of fun in the games I did play though!

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I'm going to have to bow out of the league.
    The next few weeks will be hit and miss with regards to being able to get a game in, and if I'm reading dates correctly i'll be away for a couple of weeks when this ends. Sorry everyone!
    Challenge sounds good though, less commitment.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited September 2010
    The less commitment, the better.

TheLawinator on
    edited September 2010
    All right guys. Lets just change this to a challenge league using the weeks results to set up the board.
    Red players have a challenge token, and may challenge anyone in the tier above them.

Tier 1: Mazzyx
    Tier 2: PolloDiablo--Slapnuts
    Tier 3: Sharp101--Thelawinator--Huntzy
    Tier 4: Extreaminatus--Smurfy--Eldercat--Dayspring
    Tier 5: AtriusNight--Heffling--Gabriel_Pitt--Susan--RenegadeAce

1. Challenge Board

Each participant can be moved up and down the list to show each player's present standing.

2. Challenging

In general, players on each tier may challenge any player on the next higher tier to a match by contacting that person and arranging a time to play. If you are on the bottom tier, you may challenge anyone on the next higher tier. However, if you are on a higher tier, then you may only challenge if you have successfully defended your present position.

3. Bottom Tier

The bottom tier is the lowest tier that is more than half full. If the lowest tier is half full or less than half full, it is counted as part of the tier above, and the second lowest and the lowest tier both are considered the bottom tier. Players who do not have a spot on the board are considered on the bottom tier and must try to fight their way on.

4. Challenge Tokens

When you successfully defend your spot, you get a challenge token, and you may then spend your challenge token to challenge a player on the next higher tier. If you win, your name is switched on the Challenge Board with the name of the person you defeated (but you no longer have a challenge token, and must earn another by defending your new position). If you lose, your opponent gets your challenge token, and you must earn another). Challenge tokens will be denoted by red names.

5. Champion

The player on the top position is the current champion of the Challenge Board. Each time the champion successfully defends his position, he gets a challenge token, and if he wins four tokens he shall retire as Grand Champion (with his name commended through the ages) and may reenter the Challenge Board with a new army. However, if the champion is defeated, he falls to the bottom tier, and the resulting openings on the Challenge Board are filled randomly by players with challenge tokens.

6. Frequency of Play

You should play at least one game every other week. Unless you are in the top position of the Challenge Board, if two weeks pass without you playing a game, then I will swap your tag with that of a randomly selected player who has a challenge token from the next lower tier (if you have a challenge token, you would not lose it as the result of this swap, but the randomly selected player would). Thus, if you fail to play games, you will keep moving lower until you get to the bottom tier.

7. If Nobody Will Challenge You

If two weeks pass without you receiving a challenge, then I will issue you a free challenge token. If three weeks pass and no challenges have been issued to the top player, they shall retire as Grand Champion, and the two players in the second tier shall be moved to the bottom tier, with the resulting openings filled randomly by players with challenge tokens.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited September 2010
    How will we be doing our army lists for this?

Heffling on
    edited September 2010
    Wow I was the top. So confused. So very confused. How are we doing our points since I am guessing I still gotta play Chaos(which I am fine with). Are we just going to max at a straight 1k or be like 1.5k now. I am really curious.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010
    You played more games.

TheLawinator on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm... Already got stomped by Smurfy and Extream, and Dayspring is bowing out...

ElderCat, I'm callin' you out! Though the rest of this week is absolutely horrible for me. How's early next week sound?

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok I'll do this too, I rarely play 40k and it would be fun to do more than put models together and paint.

I'm around weekends, I seem to be working nights every weekday though.

BC, Canada, -8gmt

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Ooh-ooh-ooh. Someone challenge me!

Extreaminatus on
    edited September 2010
    Since this has changed so much, I am starting a new thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=16527876

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png