As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Lair of the Shadow Broker rules and you should buy it

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    You can lose track of the target for too long.
    This is what happens to me.

I need to just write down the path through the stupid doors or something.

You lose track of him at about the part where he and his guard start running, right?

You start running too. The countdown doesn't stop until he stops running. Try not to get too far ahead of him.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well obviously we defeat the reapers in a mini-game in space where a bunch of biotics warp dark energy'd suns near reapers so they blow up, while batarians form a meatshield around the normandy to protect it

the clues are all there

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So i just saw a picture of the shadow broker
    the yahg man
    Its like a malformed krogan with a salarian brain and batarian good looks. seriously how does bioware come up with this shit

Buttcleft on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    well obviously we defeat the reapers in a mini-game in space where a bunch of biotics warp dark energy'd suns near reapers so they blow up, while batarians form a meatshield around the normandy to protect it

the clues are all there

I always play Paragon Shepherd who's all for the galactic community and alien/human relations but even I like the sounds of Batarian mass sacrifice.

Solar on
  • EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    the yahg man
    Its like a malformed krogan with a salarian brain and batarian good looks. seriously how does bioware come up with this shit
    The first time I saw the SB's horns I was like "Is that an ogre from Dragon Age?"

Ethereal on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

the clues are all there

No, to defeat the reapers Shepard and co. must travel to the long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long-lost homeworld which constructed the head [strike]vampire[/strike] reaper, and must unlock the secret to destroy them.

With a 256-column Tower of Hanoi.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    gotta give it to bioware, except for the asari they've done a good job coming up with non-rubber forhead aliens

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

the clues are all there

No, to defeat the reapers Shepard and co. must travel to the long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long-long-lost homeworld which constructed the head [strike]vampire[/strike] reaper, and must unlock the secret to destroy them.

With a 256-column Tower of Hanoi.

Wouldn't a Tower of Hanoi with a quarter that many layers take like 17 trillion years or some shit?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Just failed Thane's loyalty mission.

again.

gah

How?

You can take too long to get the info, and if you don't have the right stuff (sufficient P/R points or Spectre status reinstated), the lawyer pulls out his client and you leave empty-handed.

I didn't have my Spectre status when I did his mission. I picked the Renegade option one(maybe twice) and was done, it was pretty hilarious in fact.
    Shep: "I need to know who you ordered the hit against."
    Dude: "Why the hell would I tell you that? Not like you can do anything without my lawyer."
    Shep: "I'm a Spectre, I'm above the law."(Shep says this even though I chose not to be reinstated)
    Dude: "Yeah? Where's your proof?"
    Shep pulls out his Carnifex and shows it to the guy. "I don't need proof."
    Dude: "Point taken. I sent him to take down [Turian Politician Name Here]."

Shep and Thane walk out.

Thane: "I think that was the shortest interrogation in history."

Carnarvon on
  • ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Just failed Thane's loyalty mission.

again.

gah

How?

You can take too long to get the info, and if you don't have the right stuff (sufficient P/R points or Spectre status reinstated), the lawyer pulls out his client and you leave empty-handed.

I didn't have my Spectre status when I did his mission. I picked the Renegade option one(maybe twice) and was done, it was pretty hilarious in fact.
    Shep: "I need to know who you ordered the hit against."
    Dude: "Why the hell would I tell you that? Not like you can do anything without my lawyer."
    Shep: "I'm a Spectre, I'm above the law."(Shep says this even though I chose not to be reinstated)
    Dude: "Yeah? Where's your proof?"
    Shep pulls out his Carnifex and shows it to the guy. "I don't need proof."
    Dude: "Point taken. I sent him to take down [Turian Politician Name Here]."

Shep and Thane walk out.

Thane: "I think that was the shortest interrogation in history."

The "cut your balls off" scene is better

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, all you have to do is pick the first renegade option.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you get reinstated as a Spectre? I don't remember that being an option.

Mind you, I haven't played through the DLC yet, even though I've gotten everything up to LotSB.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Popesnax wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3's gameplay will consist of a single 30-hour-long conversation tree, in which a haggard, alcoholic Shepard morosely narrates a series of noir black-and-white flashbacks to the Asari bartender.

Now you're just making me sad that everything has to be voiced acted, yet still fit on a single DVD :(
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    the yahg man
    The first time I saw the SB's horns I was like "Is that an ogre from Dragon Age?"

That's what I thought to.
    Or a quinari

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Popesnax wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3's gameplay will consist of a single 30-hour-long conversation tree, in which a haggard, alcoholic Shepard morosely narrates a series of noir black-and-white flashbacks to the Asari bartender.

Now you're just making me sad that everything has to be voiced acted, yet still fit on a single DVD :(

I'm pretty sure every single loyalty mission and all the content on Ilium is on the second disc, including all of that dialog. There's dialog shared between discs, but not all of it has to fit on one disc.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alazull wrote: »

Mind you, I haven't played through the DLC yet, even though I've gotten everything up to LotSB.

When you go to meet Anderson on the Citadel the first time and you talk to the council, (don't know how it works with the all human one) instead of telling them to go fuck themselves, you play nice.

BlackDove on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BlackDove wrote: »

When you go to meet Anderson on the Citadel the first time and you talk to the council, (don't know how it works with the all human one) instead of telling them to go fuck themselves, you play nice.

Well, considering I ended using the stock story (Council dies, humans take over, Udina is the ambassador) I wasn't able to meet with them at all. Guess I need to hunt down a copy of ME.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I just finished my first playthrough of Lair. AWESOME. Really good, especially the setpiece as you approach the lair.

I played with a female Shepard who had romanced Liara - does it play differently with male romance Shepard? Or one who didn't romance her? Or one who cheated on her? By which I mean, are there interesting alternate conversation options?

EddieDean on
    edited September 2010
    EddieDean wrote: »
    So, I just finished my first playthrough of Lair. AWESOME. Really good, especially the setpiece as you approach the lair.

I played with a female Shepard who had romanced Liara - does it play differently with male romance Shepard? Or one who didn't romance her? Or one who cheated on her? By which I mean, are there interesting alternate conversation options?

Yea. Male vs. female only has a couple of quips, but yes, many, many, MANY different conversation possibilities. It's even different between you cheating with her and letting her down gently vs. you cheating on her and trying to lead her on.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited September 2010
    Fantastic. Time to fire up my Nth playthrough of ME2 then...

EddieDean on
    edited September 2010
    Oh, and this was my first playthrough since the firepower pack came out, too. I have it downloaded and installed, but it didn't appear in my game, though Aegis and Lair both did. Do I need to buy those items in game, or what?

EddieDean on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They should just show up like the other DLC weapons.

Orca on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Well, considering I ended using the stock story (Council dies, humans take over, Udina is the ambassador) I wasn't able to meet with them at all. Guess I need to hunt down a copy of ME.

You can download a wide variety of ME1 saves here so you don't have to replay it yourself
    http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I think you can be reinstated whether you saved the council or not, but I might be wrong. If you saved them, they definitely do offer to reinstate you. If you didn't, I'm pretty sure Anderson still offers to do something to reinstate you.

Popesnax on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

no, you get to pick who is the ambassador through conversations on the shuttle no matter if you imported or not since the end of game save that me1 does takes place before you make that decision in me1.

Deaderinred on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pretty sure you can only get reinstated if you saved the council. Anderson doesn't have the authority to reinstate a Spectre on his own.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited September 2010
    Do you ever see the human council if you let the old one die?

Orca on
  • PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pretty sure you can only get reinstated if you saved the council. Anderson doesn't have the authority to reinstate a Spectre on his own.

he also didn't have the authority to release the Normandy but that didn't stop him

just saying, he could punch all the Councillors then use their terminals to approve your status

Popesnax on
    edited September 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    Do you ever see the human council if you let the old one die?

Nope. Which makes me hope that in ME3 my renegade can just keep killing councils until one of them gets it.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited September 2010
    At the end of ME3, Shepard will be standing atop a mountain of council corpses and say "Now I'm ready for the Reapers."

Orca on
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, with LOTSB. If you've bonked one of the other characters you can't bonk Liara? Even if you bonked her in ME1?

Bonk!

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

yes he does and did do with me.

Deaderinred on
    edited September 2010
    I think you can bonk her regardless so long as you did the nasty in ME1. Even that last might not be necessary, I dunno.

Orca on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always save the council

I only really dislike the Turian anyway. I enjoy telling him off (and disconnecting on him) and there's no chance to get more of that in the future if I murder him :(

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Hanging up on them is pretty great.

Orca on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    So, with LOTSB. If you've bonked one of the other characters you can't bonk Liara? Even if you bonked her in ME1?

Bonk!

You can. Bonk away.

envoy1 on
    edited September 2010
    yes he does and did do with me.

Oh, guess I missed that option then.

I liked the "the old council was a bunch of blind, stubborn morons. The new council looks just as bad."

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited September 2010
    What I want to know re: LOTSB bonking:
    what happens if you do LotSB before the suicide mission? Can you do Liara, then bonk Miranda before the suicide mission?

envoy1 on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    what happens if you do LotSB before the suicide mission? Can you do Liara, then bonk Miranda before teh suicide mission?

That's what I'm going for. We'll see if it works.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I thought the expression was "boink"

Joolander on
    edited September 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    what happens if you do LotSB before the suicide mission? Can you do Liara, then bonk Miranda before teh suicide mission?

That's what I'm going for. We'll see if it works.

Let us know how it goes. Personally I couldn't be unfaithful to Liara after this intense dlc. But... in theory you could:
    tell Miranda you want to bonk her. Dump her for Liara (whom you've already bonked in ME1), bonk Liara, then go back to Miranda and get funky in the engineering space before the suicide mission.

envoy1 on