As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] Please continue your banter in the next thread

1565758596062»

• VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A couple of useful links I ran into on the official forums:

Content by Level
    TP Finder

Unfortunately all of my Landroval characters are in the 13-20 range, so I've missed out on a chunk of TP already. I'm still trying to decide if the grind is worth it right now, but I may have to level a character or two on a different server.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hummm, i'm trying to remember my euro password. For now however I can always play with the other account I made.

WMain00 on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    Radiance was, imo, the worst thing in LotRO. Even if it meant my Rad gear turned to dust getting rid of it is fine by me.

Edit: What's this D2D business? Can it not be applied to existing accounts?

I would rather they revamped the legacy system than the radiance system.

Bonus points if they made it so Historians could craft some sort of consumable that let you swap legacies on an item.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    what's not to get is that you can still pay to subscribe and still not have all the benefits of people who buy extras. You can flat out buy stat upgrades. That's pretty retarded. All other games with a cash store system only let you buy cosmetic things or convenience things, not things you need to stay competitive. And not only do you get nickel-and-dimed on these extras if you want to be good, but you have to spend a ton of time in the store browsing the hundreds of things available figuring out what's worth buying and what isn't.
    I hate to bring up my experience with free games, but uhm you're talking out of your ass in three ways:

1. Many, many, free MMOs have cash shop items that make you pwn (see for example: Perfect World, Sword of the New World, Lunia, Legendary Heroes)
    2. If you subscribe you get 500 store points per month, allowing you to buy stuff anyway
    3. You can also get those tomes in game.
    (bonus 3.a. +50 to one stat is not going to make you pwn, it's a very minor upgrade)

Only the Tier 1-3 stat tomes are available through the store, the Tier 4 & 5 stat tomes are ONLY available through dungeon drops.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I updated the OP as best as I could and have saved it as a .txt file on my PC.

Aldo on
  • Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Geargating/attunements/whatever are good if you like running instances that aren't tip-top endgame.

Without something to channel the flow, people automatically go to the top tier instances and screw anything less.

Agent Cooper on
    edited September 2010
    Geargating/attunements/whatever are good if you like running instances that aren't tip-top endgame.

Without something to channel the flow, people automatically go to the top tier instances and screw anything less.
    So far Turbine has put bits of awesome gear in all instances. The best pocket item in HoC, a good necklace in FT, awesome jewellery in DN and Watcher, a good trinket in Dungeons, one of the best Warden shields in Sword Halls, another one drops from Turtle (Tortoise).

If they continue doing this there'll be a reason to visit those places. Also realise that with the skirmish system thingie instances are also a good way to get additional marks, so those easier instances might turn into farm instances.

Personally, I enjoy running instances a few times just to enjoy the gameplay. Unfortunately the world is full of min/maxers

Aldo on
    edited September 2010
    One of the reasons I stopped playing a while ago is because I really wanted the armor set from Annuminas, but I could never find anybody to run the actual instances, because there was no perceived "need."

I do think I read that the Annuminas set is obtainable with skirmish marks now, or something to that effect though. So at least there's that.

Agent Cooper on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Turbine. Is. Evil.

Seriously.

I now have both expansions, a couple quest packs, and still like 9300 points left to spend. And I'm a cheapass.

What the hell. Why don't more MMO companies do this? Do they hate money?

Astale on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    KiTA wrote: »
    Fallingman wrote: »
    I just downloaded the free version, but I can't create an account... I either need a product key (I cant find one considering I just downloaded it directly), or the link on the website doesn't work properly...?

I think they email you the key?

Negative. You just sign up from the 'Play Free Now' sidebar thing on the http://www.lotro.com/ site, and then you can log in with that account info as soon as it finishes processing (took about two or three minutes for it to finish, when I did it yesterday). No confirmation email is sent (at least, not for me), though they will send you emails when you buy or spend points.

Just make sure you let that sidebar applet (or whatever it is) do its thing. It'll seem like it's hanging for awhile, but just give it time.

Dizzen on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Hummm, i'm trying to remember my euro password. For now however I can always play with the other account I made.

Me and Aldo are on Evernight. (...and two other friends I've lured in so far.)
    So far Turbine has put bits of awesome gear in all instances. The best pocket item in HoC, a good necklace in FT, awesome jewellery in DN and Watcher, a good trinket in Dungeons, one of the best Warden shields in Sword Halls, another one drops from Turtle (Tortoise).

I wish this meant anything to me. :P I'm still wrapping my head about which stat does what. They're not as obvious as the ones in WoW.

Also, one of my friends rolled a Minstrel, so I'll focus a bit on my Warden right now so I don't have to do the same content twice back to back.

Echo on
  • JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's kinda scary how fast this thread has grown, I guess this rewrite of the OP is going to be done soon now.

Aldo, I came up with one more thing you could add to the OP. It's about locking items in you bags, so you won't sell them accidentaly.
    ALT+left click to select the item, and CTRL+T to lock it. You should get small locked symbol in the lower left corner of the item icon. To unlock the item for selling, repeat ALT+left click and CTRL+T.

JohanFlick on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    One of the reasons I stopped playing a while ago is because I really wanted the armor set from Annuminas, but I could never find anybody to run the actual instances, because there was no perceived "need."

I do think I read that the Annuminas set is obtainable with skirmish marks now, or something to that effect though. So at least there's that.

Yeah, there's a level 65 teal/purple versions. The teal basically takes like 1500 Skirmish marks, a Annuminas Campaign token (which drops off bosses/the daily quests in the Annuminas instances), and three Superior Third Marks (which come from either one of the dailies in the instances (usually the Challenge/HM quest), or by doing level 65 six-man Skirmishes). The purple version requires less Skirmish marks, more Campaign tokens, and only one of the Third Marks (forget which one, pretty sure Superior).

They're all on the "Classic" vendor in Skirmish camps.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited September 2010
    Hmm. Can't I link items from the crafting panel to chat?

Echo on
    edited September 2010
    t Johan, I'll add it. Although you can also lock items at the sales window.

t Echo: mousing over stats and numbers provides tooltips that are usually pretty enlightning. As a Warden you're fucked re: stats because you can't have a dump stat like a minstrel (might) or guardian (will) can have. You need everything except tactical and ranged dmg/crit ratings.

Aldo on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, is Landroval still the best place to go to play with PA folk? I jumped on that $5 deal and might hop on from time to time.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Switching my Minstrel from Explorer to Yeoman (cook/farmer/tailor) was a good idea. My Warden has such shitty OOC power regen, but 58 blueberry muffins should help!

Echo on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looks like the D2D deal is over. I forgot about it and by the time I remembered it was too late. Question, is the 30 days VIP and the 1,000 points on different codes? I was thinking about still getting the D2D starter and giving the 30 days to a friend.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes they are separate codes.

Blood Drive on
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So far im pleasantly surprised with the game, seems to be setup really well quest wise and extra's wise. I guess after a few years alot the kinks should be worked out. We will see if it hold my interest after my VIP expires in a month.

Blood Drive on
    edited September 2010
    Ha, I just remembered who Sharkey actually is. You get the impression that he's some bandit leading the brigands in Bree.
    It's goddamn Saruman.

Echo on
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does the guild need a farmer or a cook? I just want to make shit and have it be useful. I could sell things in the AH but would rather trade it to yall.

I am only 2nd tier on both of those but I plan on moving up.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've found that some non-fast travel horse routes work for Premium people.

It seemed at first that only the fast travel ones work but that's not so.

I'm a little confused, to be honest.

I can't find much of a pattern in what I'm seeing when I go to Stables.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited September 2010
    It seems if it's to a capital, swift travel works. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

So, you can swift travel to Bree, but not Esteldin or Ost Guruth.

Agent Cooper on
  • CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, is Landroval still the best place to go to play with PA folk? I jumped on that $5 deal and might hop on from time to time.

I'd like to think so, we've got about 10 people on regularly right now.

Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Does the guild need a farmer or a cook? I just want to make shit and have it be useful. I could sell things in the AH but would rather trade it to yall.

I am only 2nd tier on both of those but I plan on moving up.

Food is always important. I have farmer/cooking alts myself, but I can't stand doing it. It's so boring. If you're willing to make it, I'm sure someone will pay for it or whatnot.

Cobell on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Ha, I just remembered who Sharkey actually is. You get the impression that he's some bandit leading the brigands in Bree.
    It's goddamn Saruman.
    well, he is leading the brigands in bree and the shire. he's multi-tasking.

dojango on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Holy crap the servers are shitting themselves.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So it wasn't just me. Good to know.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sweet, time to kick back into gear.

Got a toon on Landroval, Hillaen. If theres a guild going or whatnot hit me up

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Hillean wrote: »
    Sweet, time to kick back into gear.

Got a toon on Landroval, Hillaen. If theres a guild going or whatnot hit me up

Read the OP for info how to join the kin on Landroval.

JohanFlick on
    edited September 2010
    So I ordered some points through PayPal, got an error code in the LOTRO window, got charged through my PayPal and show a 0-point balance.

Woohoo.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    gahh, my 25 mbps connection is d/ling the free client at.. 400 KB/s...argh

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited September 2010
    Took me overnight to do it. Started really slow, said it'd be like 28 hours... 7 hours later (overnight) it completed itself.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Zgorin and Domrond, if you wander about the ticket we submitted about an exploit, it was closed by a GM without any comment. I'm still not banned, hope you guys are fine too.

JohanFlick on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What the fuck is this shit.

So I log in to my old account on which I used to chill with my homies on Landroval.

My old account isn't acknowledging the fact that I had a Moria upgrade on it, and my goddamn motherfucking level 20-odd Runemaster is missing. The one that had the cool house with rather hard-to-get decorations and stuff. (Sure the house was repossessed a year ago but I'll still have the junk.)

Unless Turbine can sort this out right quick, fuck this nonsense. I've never actually managed to get angry at an online game before, but this pretty much did the trick.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    New thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=16535415#post16535415

PS: its runekeeper and loremaster.

Aldo on
  • RemyLebeau_88RemyLebeau_88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I'm just starting and thinking of getting MoM just to roll a Runekeeper since I'm looking for a caster class. Is that an awful idea?

RemyLebeau_88 on
    steam_sig.png
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wrong thread!

WMain00 on
This discussion has been closed.