As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recettear: RPG Shop simulator - It's out and great and you should buy it

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay, just set up my wii-mote to control this and the dungeon mode is so much better. Should have done this days ago.
    In case anyone else needs to: here's the instructions for getting the wii-mote active. I'm using it with the NES script and kept it in keyboard mode configuration, using the buttons from the wiimote.

Darian on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Really getting into mid-level fusing now. You have to liberally _comb_ the dungeons, but you can make some good shit. And god, don't put that stuff on the shelves. Keep it till your adventurers ask for gear.

Has everyone clicked that the crazy con-artist woman actually sells rare shit occasionally? Cause I've never found most the stuff she sells anywhere else (shop improvements aside).

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone know how to unlock past the jade dungeon i havent dungeoned at all since beating that dungeon because i have no dungeons past that and because i'm so overpowered in that dungeon. I'v now beaten the game and still only have the second dungeon. Also one more question the mage dude has suddenly dissapeared from my list of adventurers i dont believe i'v used him since like week 2 (when he died while i was using him) but now he's not there.

GarethMagis on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can anybody explain how to use fusion properly? I'm guessing I'll need to progress beyond the second dungeon or something...

Jintor on
  • Options
    ZaranaZarana Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Can anybody explain how to use fusion properly? I'm guessing I'll need to progress beyond the second dungeon or something...

To fuse you just have to go to the guild master and choose Fusion. There you have a list of possible items you can fuse which you just choose assuming you have all the ingredients. Ingredients that are shown with a question mark you haven't found yet.

Zarana on
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you guys ever move tables around? I just don't know why you'd need to

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

next time you stop in at the merchants guild check out the fusion option, it lists a whole bunch of recipes that normally take an item bought at the merchants guild, then a few things you can only find in the dungeons, all of the rank 1 fusion stuff comes from jade way/the trial dungeon, if an ingredient says ? it means you haven't picked up that item at all yet

edit: damn beat'd

double edit:
    Cunty wrote: »
    Do you guys ever move tables around? I just don't know why you'd need to

after my second expansion i couldn't get at one of the slots so i moved a table, thats about it though

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I played through the demo and if i didnt already have some other new games to play id pick it up now, as it is, ill wait a week or so. For now, a few questions.

At the end of the demo i had about 15k (minus the 10k for the payment). I spent quite a bit of time adventuring cause i found it more fun, then the last few days just selling all my crap.

1) Does the number of items you can carry out of a dungeon ever increase? I was maxing my bags at the beginning of the 4th level of the early dungeons and didnt want to drop stuff .

2) Do the payment amounts increase by large amounts each time? Sure from what im reading here, ill be making obscene profits later but im just wondering about early game.

3) Do i really want to continue with my demo game if i bought the full, or should i start over and apply what ive learned to have more free cash at the end of the demo period.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited September 2010

You unlock the fusion command by merchant level. You unlock additional ranks (aka better receipes) of fusion with later merchant level. Fusions require materials. Some can be bought at shops, other have to be found (dungeon ingredients. The dungeon ingredients come in a few flavors: those dropped by a specific class of monster (slimes drop slime!), those dropped rarely by all monsters (weird treasures, etc and stuff you don't get at shops) and those dropped specifically by bosses (big volcano crab drops a hard shell thingy!). The ? materials in receipes are things you haven't found or made yet. Higher level fusions often require lower level fusion items to create. For example, a fusion rank 2 bow might require a fusion rank 1 bow as an ingredient. The final ranks of fusion require materials from the final and hardest dungeon.

You'll see once you clear a dungeon boss rush mode unlocks. That's just a straight series of boss fights and a good way to farm boss specific drops.

The required items for various fusions are very erratic (some low level materials are used for high end fusions, for example). To really get into it you'll need to be at the fourth dungeon, but there are a lot of fusions you can do before then that are lucrative. Obviously, the higher rank fusion goods kick the crap out of things you can buy in a store.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    azith28 wrote: »
    I played through the demo and if i didnt already have some other new games to play id pick it up now, as it is, ill wait a week or so. For now, a few questions.

At the end of the demo i had about 15k (minus the 10k for the payment). I spent quite a bit of time adventuring cause i found it more fun, then the last few days just selling all my crap.

1) Does the number of items you can carry out of a dungeon ever increase? I was maxing my bags at the beginning of the 4th level of the early dungeons and didnt want to drop stuff .

2) Do the payment amounts increase by large amounts each time? Sure from what im reading here, ill be making obscene profits later but im just wondering about early game.

3) Do i really want to continue with my demo game if i bought the full, or should i start over and apply what ive learned to have more free cash at the end of the demo period.

1) yes, it increases by 5 at a few merchant levels, right now i can carry either 30 or 35 items

2) yes, i think the payments go 10k, 30k, 80k, 200k, and then 500k

3) Personally i think its a bit of a hassle to find the save and move it so i started over, plus experience helps the second runthrough of the first week

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    azith28 wrote: »

1. Yes. At certain ranks of merchant level you up your inventory size. Not dramatically, but enough that you can haul a chunk of stuff (30 slots? 35 slots?).
    2. Your payments go up by a fair chunk. First is 10k, last is 500k. But don't worry, your money making potential increases dramatically as you progress. If you fail, your game restarts but most of your shit carries over. So you never really lose.
    3. Up to you. Some people end the demo with some crazy monies. In my first full version game (which I beat on the first try, no resets) I only beat the 10k mark by a small amount, so I wasn't exactly playing like a pro.

Seriously: full version is awesome.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone know how to unlock past the jade dungeon i havent dungeoned at all since beating that dungeon because i have no dungeons past that and because i'm so overpowered in that dungeon. I'v now beaten the game and still only have the second dungeon. Also one more question the mage dude has suddenly dissapeared from my list of adventurers i dont believe i'v used him since like week 2 (when he died while i was using him) but now he's not there.

Not sure if it warrants spoilering but:
    The next one for me opened up after Charme at one point barged into my shop, drunk of course, to tell me that there was a new dungeon available. I don't think you need to do anything special except make sure your shop is attractive enough for Charme to show up occasionally.

Man this game is addictive btw. I'm having a lot of fun with it, finished it once (after having to restart atleast once due to not meeting the goal) and am now messing about with endless mode a bit. Though am considering a new game+.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know how to get Nagi's true card? Or at the very least, Caillou?
    according to that site you recieve a true card of the person who entered the most dungeons upon beating the game
    How the fuck do you find time to ever adventure in your first playthrough
    first week adventure is great to get some items to fusion for good items to sell. after that i didn't really use the dungeon ever. like you i just didn't have the time. too many good sales!

Ok, new game+ people:
    what's the best way to get customers? I have every store bought decoration possible, but I can't find a way to get many customers anymore. first playthrough keeping it near the middle got me good customers, but is that really the way to go? makes it kinda pointless to buy decorations then. maybe the IS the point? since items you sell effect atmosphere, you use decorations to counter whatever you're selling? i thought you use decorations to amp it up to make those types come in to buy those types of items. I don't know

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, precious metals go up in value and before I know it I've made over 400k profit in a day!

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    sorry to rain on your parade but I forgot to post this earlier
    recettearmoney.png
    haha don't freak about day 12, it's a new game+.

i'm almost sure there's no better way to get that much money that easily in a day, without fusion or whatever.
    announcement for old guys like holy things. buy 10-20 checkered floors, old man explosion. sell checkered floors for 230,000 each. I got lucky and got two explosions in one day.

oh wait it could get better, because first explosion was earthen floors for 60k each, second was checkered floors for 230k each. i'm sure if i did 2x checkered floors it would have been way more money

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Please tell me that was in a new game+.

Although, thinking about it, if you're careful enough, you could probably get incredibly good loot for the time by pushing Louie all the way through the second dungeon. How deep exactly are the dungeons?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    dunno i only got to floor 10 of the third dungeon. and as i said yeah that's a new game +

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    PATCH!
    SpaceDrake wrote:
    Little bit of patchnote copypasta for you mofos:

- Corrected a number of typographical errors throughout the game script. Melons, however, continue to insist that they reside in deserts.

- Corrected improperly set monster statistics in certain dungeons - this should have the effect of making the early dungeons a bit easier and the later dungeons (Obsidian Tower and beyond) more challenging, even for well-leveled, well-geared adventurers.

- Corrected an error wherein the description of your current merchant level did not display.

- Corrected an error wherein certain musical cues in events did not obey volume control.

- Error wherein adventurers do not equip certain items sold to them should be corrected.

Non-Steam users can download this moshugga from our handy download page.

I'd love to stay and chat but today is a busy day for the SpaceDrake I'm afraid.
    didn't care at first because other patch posts said impulse/whatever only but SD says this works for steam so yayifications!

wait. dang it. he says non-steam users. i can't readdddddddddddddddd

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Steam updated earlier today automatically, I believe. Certainly, I saw a download complete announcement, and I can now view the special ability for my current Merchant Level, which I could not before.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh you're right it did. yayness

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would put melon under dessert D:

I didn't think that was a bug.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Awesome. I was getting unhappy that Charme wasn't equipping better armor...after I sold her 5 copies.

Unlocked the end dungeon. Eager to see it in action with the patch given my bad luck with boss drops :(

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you unlock the dungeons? I finished the third one so do I just have to wait for Charme or someone else to show up again and tell me all about it?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    hey look a meme
    original.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    slowclap.gif

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That's probably one of the worst instances of a mediocre meme I've ever seen, sorry to say.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That sure is a lot of bad words.

captaink on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Don't know the meme don't care

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    That's probably one of the worst instances of a mediocre meme I've ever seen, sorry to say.
    yes. i've only seen like 3 of them tho, but yeah this is the worst one so far

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :^: for .jpgs

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, Elan is amazing. I don't have Nagi or whoever the spear user you guys rave about is yet, so I may change my opinion, but he's currently my favorite. He's got boatloads of HP (over 100 on level 15!), huge defense despite only being able to use Robes and Clothes, enormous amounts of strength, and really fast attack that hits twice (press attack right after the first one connects and he'll do an uppercut).

He can dash, too. Only in a straight line, unlike Charme, but given the frequency of long hallways connecting multiple rooms, that works. If you end up hitting an enemy accidentally while running, he'll tackle them for damage, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited September 2010
    guys, i want some sukiyummy

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, Elan is amazing. I don't have Nagi or whoever the spear user you guys rave about is yet, so I may change my opinion, but he's currently my favorite. He's got boatloads of HP (over 100 on level 15!), huge defense despite only being able to use Robes and Clothes, enormous amounts of strength, and really fast attack that hits twice (press attack right after the first one connects and he'll do an uppercut).

He can dash, too. Only in a straight line, unlike Charme, but given the frequency of long hallways connecting multiple rooms, that works. If you end up hitting an enemy accidentally while running, he'll tackle them for damage, too.
    Nagi can dash and collide with people for damage. She won't fall down like Elan, though, so she can followup with a basic attack immediately if she's still in range.

She has the potential for the second highest defense in the game (right behind Louie), also.

Her attack arc and slower startup delay is...a little frustrating at times against certain enemies. (Puncher kobolds, bees, a couple obsidian tower bosses, etc)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Haha, I just had a drove of women (and the guild master) come into my store and buy up all my sweets. Every last one of them.

Now if I could just get my adventurer buddies to come in and buy some upgrades already...

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Now if I could just get my adventurer buddies to come in and buy some upgrades already...
    Oh, they'll buy upgrades all right...

Louie will make sure to buy any Mage Staff you put out ASAP, Charme will snatch up Shields like she's never seen them before, Caillou seems to be collecting Plate Mail, Elan has an obsession with Spears...

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think that image breaks the rules even spoilered because it still loads the image so you may want to link it instead. And I'm glad I don't know whatever meme it's from.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Louie will make sure to buy any Mage Staff you put out ASAP, Charme will snatch up Shields like she's never seen them before, Caillou seems to be collecting Plate Mail, Elan has an obsession with Spears...

Charme seems to treat me as a fence more than anything else. Every time she comes in with some worthless item she's "procured".

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Charme seems to treat me as a fence more than anything else. Every time she comes in with some worthless item she's "procured".
    At least once, she's sold me a Very Odd Vase that she had that she says some other guy kind of wants back right now. ;X

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Moai's are officially a pain in the ass.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I managed to finish a game without having to restart earlier. During the last week items made from valuable materials became popular with housewives right after I got back from collecting a boatload of 8000 pix void crystals from a dungeon. Wound up making the final payment with about 45k left to my name

In retrospect, things likely would have been easier with more time early on building up my merchant level though. A wider selection of items makes a huge difference.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772