As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Osmosis [Chat]

• The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Woot woot, 1984 babies~

Also, ZOMG Cat! It seems like I haven't seen you in too long.

How have you been?

I've been good! Spent the last two weeks partying around new zealand, that's why I haven't been around. It was rad. I learned to snowboard!

That sounds like a fun thing. Was it hard?

Two days was enough to get the basics down, but its a steep learning curve that involves falling over a lot :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to go to bed but I'm afraid I'm gonna vomit all over my sheets

I have the ominous pre-vomit feeling in my throat but I tried and nothing happened. it's like a ninja vomit, lying in wait until HAAAARRRGLBRGBL

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Cat wrote: »
    Two days was enough to get the basics down, but its a steep learning curve that involves falling over a lot :P

At least you had plenty of soft snow to land in.

I'm glad you didn't break your legs. :)

Passerbye on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have been taking to stuffing my thermal pad in the fridge because I need to hot-swap them every hour playing LOTRO

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just watched the saddest movie.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited September 2010
    fuck you, ninja vomit

let me sleep in peace

stay contained in the confines of my warm stomach until a more convenient time arrives

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    I have been taking to stuffing my thermal pad in the fridge because I need to hot-swap them every hour playing LOTRO

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

Thomamelas on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OremLK wrote: »

Grave of the Fireflies?

Passerbye on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Old Yeller?

Man fuck that movie when I was 12.

No, the movie I watched was a Canadian film I found on Netflix called The Snow Walker.

It was really good, especially if you like survival films.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

Well, I don't need to, but still.

I'm certain that if my fans weren't on high and I wasn't using a thermal pad my MBP would eventually melt though

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Grave of the Fireflies?

When the Wind Blows?

RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010

Grave of the Fireflies?

When the Wind Blows?

ooh ooh

Watership Down

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    alright whatever, I tried.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited September 2010

Grave of the Fireflies?

When the Wind Blows?

ooh ooh

Watership Down

The Wind that Shakes the Barley.

Passerbye on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

I'm certain that if my fans weren't on high and I wasn't using a thermal pad my MBP would eventually melt though

Nah. In fact, the repeated temperature shock of the thermal pad, if it's really cold relative to the macbook when you put it on, would cause more damage the computer than the heat.

Fans on high is a really good plan though. The Macbook can sustain up to 200ºF internal temp without breaking. With fans on high it should peak at 150º or so, so you are perfectly fine.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited September 2010

Grave of the Fireflies?

When the Wind Blows?

ooh ooh

Watership Down

That doesn't count, it has a happy-ish ending.

How about Plague Dogs?

RMS Oceanic on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

That is bad.

And earlier, when I fell asleep, my girlfriend was snuggled up against me doing some reading. Apparently I started making growling noises and hugged her close when she tried to get up.

Thomamelas on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to be in college in four hours

I should probably get out of bed soon

Tav on
    edited September 2010
    Guys, I mentioned Old Yeller. Unless you all are competing for second place.

Thomamelas on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Saddest movie ever is Sneakers

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

The end of Cowboy Bebop.

Tav on
    edited September 2010

Grave of the Fireflies?

When the Wind Blows?

ooh ooh

Watership Down

That doesn't count, it has a happy-ish ending.

How about Plague Dogs?

I repeat, The Wind that Shakes the Barley.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010
    Saddest movie ever is Sneakers

You didn't like the Dan Ackroyd, Robert Redford pairing?

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

Nah. In fact, the repeated temperature shock of the thermal pad, if it's really cold relative to the macbook when you put it on, would cause more damage the computer than the heat.

Fans on high is a really good plan though. The Macbook can sustain up to 200ºF internal temp without breaking. With fans on high it should peak at 150º or so, so you are perfectly fine.

It's not really cold relative. It's room temp.

I'm not storing the thing in the fridge, just using it to speed up the cooling.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010

"Oh dear, he had a terminal disease and had to be put down."

Compared to

"Oh dear, they're slowly dying of radiation poisoning and they don't understand this and they're getting in their body bags and they're trying to pray one last time but they don't know it's the last time and OH GOD NUKES SUCK."

RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010
    Tav wrote: »

The end of Cowboy Bebop.

Ooooh, that was fairly sad, yeah. Not a movie, though.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010

Compared to

"Oh dear, they're slowly dying of radiation poisoning and they don't understand this and they're getting in their body bags and they're trying to pray one last time but they don't know it's the last time and OH GOD NUKES SUCK."

He had to shoot the dog!

Thomamelas on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    good morning...

Dunadan019 on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

Heh, ok, good. I've seen more than a few macbooks with warped bottom panels and dead mobos because people kept frigging using ice packs on the bottom of them.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited September 2010

Compared to

He had to shoot the dog!

They were nuked! And died waiting for rescue that was never going to come!

RMS Oceanic on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Compared to

what? i don't get it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010

Compared to

what? i don't get it.

I hope you have tissues.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010
    Old Yeller is a movie about growing up. I never find those sad, we all have to grow up. This should not be seen a sad thing.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010

Compared to

He had to shoot the dog!

They were nuked! And died waiting for rescue that was never going to come!

And he had to kill his friend. And live with it afterward. They just die and it fades out.

Thomamelas on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Old Yeller is a movie about growing up. I never find those sad, we all have to grow up. This should not be seen a sad thing.

Bridge to Terabithia

that hit me really hard in like second grade.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Alright, to bed again for me.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

Bridge to Terabithia

that hit me really hard in like second grade.

When I was a kid I couldn't read the Velveteen Rabbit.

I mean, I still have my stuffed Koala. My parents got him as a gift a month before I was born, I've literally never known life without him. I'm nearly 26 now, imagine how attached to him I must've been at 6 years old?

Passerbye on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I could fall in love with a lovely girl named Leslie.

Gim on
    edited September 2010
    RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010

That's insane.

Old Yeller?

Heh, ok, good. I've seen more than a few macbooks with warped bottom panels and dead mobos because people kept frigging using ice packs on the bottom of them.

yeah, there's a big difference between 15-20 degrees and 0 (or less)

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.