As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PTA] Decapitation and Dismemberment versions, available now

1575859606163»

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Squall on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] {Cave Canem}

Once Cave Canem was certain that he could track the enemy and give them the punishment they so rightly deserved, the rush of battle began to leave him. The norepinephrine began to wear off, and his concerns changed to the condition of his owner.

The puppy dashed to the young man's side, looking at the wound in surprise. Circling the body, he realized there was little he could do. Instead, he laid down at Pyrrhus's side, warming the body to help treat for shock. If his master was going to die, Cave would be at his side while it happened.

Terrendos on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] [Zane Lewis] - {Wrecker!}

"Awesome" Zane says, cracking his knuckles, "was worried that was all I'd get to fight today."

He swings his flail experimentally, smiling at the chopper that he just hopes is full of bad guys.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Beta]

The chopper, as it indeed is, continues its approach. Passing overhead, deafeningly, it begins to circle the approximate area.

Maximum has already retreated to the canopy, tentatively, and watches as the helicopter continues circling, black clad occupants inside pointing at the thick foliage blocking their view. Strapped in along with the men, she spots a plantlike pokemon, shaped like a pitcher with clinging vines holding it tightly in place and vacant eyes gazing down lazily. As far as she can tell of human body language some sort of argument seems to be going on inside the thing.

Down on the floor, Gravitas clanks its way over to Pyrrhus' side. Knowing that it's not much for cuddling, it stands by, figuring brighter minds will know what to do.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    You should probably do something about the dying guy.

Maybe.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    To that end, in case you don't know what the treatment is for Pyrrhus's condition....

Treatment for Shock:

1. Treat the cause, if possible (Marsh says the attack cauterized the wound, but Perry's probably bleeding in other places too)
    2. Keep the head down, elevate the legs
    3. Loosen tight clothing (belt, tie, straps, etc.) to reduce constriction of blood flow
    4. Keep the body warm (Cave's got that part taken care of)
    5. Monitor breathing and heartbeat and be prepared to administer CPR or rescue breathing if necessary
    6. Alert a medical treatment facility ASAP (this should be first, really)

Terrendos on
    edited September 2010
    That list brings up some good memories about old PbP games long past.

Man, gonna reminisce here a second.

Marshmallow on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You forgot a couple, Terrendos.

7. Apply supernanites to the stump, allowing them to REBUILD HIM IN THEIR IMAGE.
    8. Profit.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride} {Bubbles the Steez}

Ralph tried to shake free of his indecision and started acting. He wasn't quite sure if all he did was right but at least he was trying.

First he tried to see if Pyrrhus was still alive. He tried to feel a heart beat, not hearing much he remembered that a pulse was also in the wrist. he checked Pyrrhus's still intact hand and thought he felt a week pulse.

"Bubbles, can you fill up your hat with water, I'm going to wash out his wounds."

Bubbles humbly tips his head froward, pushing the hat off with his tail. Using a weak water gun he fills it with some water.

Ralph meanwhile dials the equivalent of 9-1-1 hoping to get someone who can help. Putting the styler on he sets it to speaker phone. While he waited for someone to pick up he he pulled of Pyrrhus's shirt, looking him over. Carefully he washed out the wounds with the water Bubbles had provided. Once he had done a semi-good job of cleaning the cauterized wound he took his own jacket and tore it up so that he could cover Pyrrhus's wounds.

Finally he grabbed some rocks and piled them underneath Pyrrhus's legs. The head was most important so the blood should go to the brain, it worked that way with pokemon, why not people. He didn't think to remove Pyrrhus's belt however, or any other constricting elements.

If someone picks up.

"Hello? this is Ralph Colton, I am a Ranger, we need help and fast, we were attacked by three men and one of my friends is in serious condition. We are on the route from Pewter."

Ralph tried to remember which way they were from Pewter and added whatever information he could to make locating them possible.

For now Ralph is going to ignore the airship. Zane can handle it.

bratr on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha] [Doug] - [Spike] - [Belmont]

What? Shawn's psychic?

"I'm not in the mood for this 20 questions shit little man. I don't know if Shawn's psychic or not, and frankly I couldn't care less at the moment, just tell me why your searching for a psychic who fits his description and maybe I won't let Spike here pump you full of Poison Sting."

Doug shoots a worried glance towards Shawn before getting back to business. "I'd appreciate it if you told me your overall goals and who you work for and all that crap, but that's really for the cops to find out, isn't it?"

I would have posted earlier, but I had to get a new cable adapter.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alex rolls over in his sleep

Eightoh snores quietly on a fidgety, but warm Zeze

all is calm

all is bright

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    [Beta]

[11] Ralph does a passable job tending to Pyrrhus' wound, its been a while since first aid classes at Ranger school, but he makes due with what he can remember and it seems to help.

Luckily his call for assistance is quickly answered by an officer, who takes what information Ralph can give before promising that help is already on the way. She reminds Ralph of some basic care for wounded victims, offering more suitable ways to help him if he can describe his injuries in detail. Staying on the line, she warns him not to move Pyrrhus unless they absolutely must.

With a crash and near-tumble, Siegfried stumbles back onto the road about 50 feet away, covered in scratches and forest detritus.

Above, in the helicopter, the occupants seem to come to a decision. One of them goes to the open door in the side of the copter as it steadies itself, hovering. Pulling a large, metal tube up onto he shoulder, he looks down the sights to the forest below. With a muted thump and puff of smoke, a large metal sphere is propeled from the tube down into Viridian Forest, to no apparent effect that Maximum can see, or that the group below notices.

Motionly hastily to the pilot, the helicopter pulls up and away, traveling north from whence it came at great speed.

[Alpha]

"Our prisoner, holding for ransom. Richter family wouldn't do the smart thing and work with us, " the Grunt relents eventually, still glaring at his captor.

"Team Rocket's back, you're all gonna pay for what happened to us."

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010

"Hm. Belmont, Spike, keep an eye on him, I'm going to go check on Shawn."

Doug walks over to Shawn and gets down on one knee to lower the height difference. Putting his hand on Shawn's shoulder, Doug asks, "How you doing? I just want you to know I called the police, but there's something I want to ask you. What's your last name?"

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

[Alpha]
    [Shawn]

-{Spade}-{Archer}

Shawn doesn't look up.

A disembodied voice gives the answer.

<Geller.>

BugBoy on
    edited September 2010

Doug nods and sit down next to Shawn, unable to think of any comforting words. All that is left is to wait for the police to arrive.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    [Beta][Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride} {Bubbles the Steez}

"Helps on the way!!" Ralph called out to whoever was in hearing distance."

He stayed seated on the ground watching Pyrrhus nervously, he hoped he hadn't screwed something up. At least now he knew that he was right in not moving him. Bubbles hopped onto Ralph's lap to show his support in this sad moment.

Poor Cave, what would happen if Pyrrhus died.... I should dwell on such things, Pyrrhus is going to be fine, at least Cave is staying calm, I'd hate to have to put him in a pokeball.[/I

Maximum returned from her scouting and tried to communicate what she had seen. It didn't however seem very urgent so Ralph really only got that their was something in the sky and it dropped something.

"Good job Maximum, keep it up, we're waiting for help, keep a sharp eye out for danger, who knows maybe they'll come back while we're weak."

bratr on
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Pyrrhus-Faraday"]Pyrrhus Faraday[/URL - {Cave Canem}

In as bad shape as he was, Pyrrhus managed to briefly regain consciousness. His eyes opened with a determination they had not possessed before. Too weak to even move his head, he looked at his left arm to see Cave sitting there.

"Told... you... to run..." he whispered. Cave responded with a whimper and licked his face. He looked to Ralph for a moment. "Who... you got his name? Who... did this... to me?" Before Ralph or anyone could respond, his head lolled back and he relapsed into unconsciousness.

Terrendos on
    edited September 2010
    We may not have lost Alex, but once the police arrive where losing Shawn.

Team Rockets going to bribe everyone at the trial and Shawn's going down for murder; and with such a young supple body, its likely that he'll be handling a lot of Pokeballs if you catch my drift.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    they can try

it'll be like the shawshank redemption, except andy is psychic and he uses his powers to crush the heads of the rapists

BugBoy on
    edited September 2010
    So its more like Carrie then. Just replace the pigs blood with jizz.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, didn't realize where Geller came from until just now. Silly me.

Update in a bit, after I finish this vodka.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    wait, where did the rockets say his last name?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Pretty sure none of the Rockets have mentioned their names yet.

Oh, except to Siegfried I guess.

Geller is Shawn's last name, Richter is Siegfried's last name.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    Oh, I thought it was being implied that Shawn was wanted by the cops as well as Rocket or something

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Not yet, he isn't.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    IRC agrees that Alpha and Beta are playing Pokemon Decapitation and Pokemon Dismemberment Versions, respectively.

Coming soon to a Toys 'R' Us near you. Rated 'E' for everyone.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    URL="https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATDMLzqvTPhXZGNyeGM3amdfNjZmbTk3cnZkOQ&hl=en&authkey=CMObvo0B"]Alpha[/URL

After a short wait, police arrive on the scene, taking the captured Rockets out of Shawn and Doug's Citizen's Arrest and into custody. They also quickly cover the body of the deceased Rocket.

They take statements (or lack thereof as may be the case for Shawn) from the two Trainers, offering them blankets and a hot drink while prepping the Rocket Grunts for transport back to town. The air seems to be filled with a certain busyness on the part of the officers, hurrying about their work and packing things up with little conversation in the dark forest, lit only by flashlights and the occasional lantern.

Finally, satisfied with the pairs recounting of events, at least for now, they offer to take the pair to the PokeCenter (where rooms would be available now that the rush of visitors to the museum has begun to slow down) or to any other residence they may have had in town.

~~ An Ambush! - Complete ~~

Douglas Fir: Trainer Level 4
    - Belmont: Level 20! (Enhanced Training), Learned Razor Leaf!
    - Spike: Level 16! (Enhanced Training), Learned Focus Energy, Twineedle!
    Shawn Geller: Trainer Level 4
    - Spade: Level 18! Learned Shadow Sneak!
    - Archer: Level 15! Learned Wing Attack!
    Aleksandr Ruskidoichev: Trainer Level 4!
    - Volnoy: Level 18! (Enhanced Training)
    Alex Skipps: Trainer Level 4!
    - Zeze the X: Level 17! Learned Odor Sleuth!
    Dayton Clark: Trainer Level 4!
    - Gondorff: Level 17!

I think Dayton at least wanted to head Mt. Moon and Cerulean way with Ranger Ebert. Can start on that next, or after appropriate catching up of the split parties. (Nothing currently stopping Doug and Shawn from skipping town, they got your Trainer IDs if the police need to contact you.)

vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VG99lZ5jU0"]Beta[/vidURL

The metal sphere tumbles end over end into the forest, ricocheting of a few branches and tree trunks on its way to the soft, leaf-carpeted ground. It rolls down a slight incline, coming to a stop in the crook of a tree's roots. Now motionless, we can see the red LED'd countdown on the side just about to reach 0:00.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group settles down, with Pyrrhus stabilized for the moment being, impatiently waiting for help to arrive. Cave and Gravitas continue their watch over Pyrrhus, Maximum taking once again to the treetops to scout for danger, and Bubbles, seemingly immune to the seriousness of the situation, resumes a cheery march around the clearing, playing at being a guard.

After a few circuits, he stops his impromptu performance and rushes back over to Ralph, hopping at his legs in an attempt to get picked up. As Ralph looks down at his noticeably spooked companion pokemon, he notices his hat still half-filled with bloodied water from cleaning Pyrrhus' wounds.

There are ripples in the water. Looking closer, the ripples slowly die out, impacting the side of the hat with a small splash. A few seconds later, a new set of ripples spread out from the center of the makeshift vessel, then another, and so on, rhythmic as clockwork. Wrecker!, also quite sensitive to ground vibrations, is also growing nervous, looking to his trainer, Zane, for direction.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    Updated Alex

Picked up What a Guy

Gained +1 Wis, Cha, and Dex

Zeze gained +1 Sp. Def and Atk, also gained the Tracker Capability

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to be away until monday night

I'll make a post and update stats then

BugBoy on
    edited September 2010
    Mt. Moon sounds like fun, but first...

[Alpha] [Doug] - [Belmont]

Pewter City

Doug pulls one of the police officers to the side to put some space between them and Shawn.

"Hey, officer, would you mind if I took in that orphaned Golbat? I know his trainer wasn't the best guy in the world, but I still feel kind of bad for it having to experience that."

Doug rubs the back of his head.

"I have some experience in dealing with poison types if that helps."

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride} {Bubbles the Steez}

"What's going? Zane, can Wrecker tell whats going on?"

Ralph stood up holding Bubbles in his hands. Then looked back down at Pyrrhus.

Whats going on? I could run, but what bout Pyrrhus, I can't leave him here.

"Cave, stay here watch Pyrrhus, I'll be right back."

Ralph quickly scanned the sky for Maximum.

"MAXIMUM, where is this coming from, we need to find out whats causing this, it could kill Pyrrhus."

Ralph started running towards Maximum.

If Maximum can recognize the source of the earthquake, Ralph will head towards it carrying Bubbles.

bratr on
    edited September 2010
    [Beta]

Maximum can easily see the source of the disturbance, though the actual cause is harder to realize in the dim light.

What she can see is something massive, and bipedal. Moving through the forest as easy as a man through tall grass, brushing aside thick trees as though they weren't even there. Leaving a trail of tangible destruction behind it in the form of trampled plantlife and pokemon feeling for their lives.

As she watches, the creature continues its rampage southward, its path heading almost directly to the dirt road where her trainer and charges are standing watch near the jeep.

Edit: Oh, you've gotta be kidding me.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    what

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] - [Sigi Richter]

After a very harrowing and lucky encounter with the Rocket Grunt, Sigi winds up back at the point of departure. "Oh..."

Sigi takes a moment to evaluate exactly what is going on: the man in the suit is badly injured, the excitable man is being somewhat excitable, and the kindly, albeit rather naive, ranger type seems like he's about to leave.

Then a chill rushes down Sigi's spine, a familiar sensation. Several times in the past, as part of training, ferocious Pokemon had been used in "stampede scenarios." It was never pleasant, and the tremors gave that impression rather acutely. "Ummm, please don't leave," Sigi calls out to Ralph, hoping the ranger is still within earshot. "I don't think you want to go near whatever is making that noise!"

On the way over to the jeep, Sigi trips over a black bag lying on the ground with the Team Rocket logo on it. Not questioning fate (as opposed to just admitting clumsiness), Sigi throws the bag into the back of the jeep and rushes over to check the engine.

Marsh just won surreality lottery, I think.

DJP3710 on
    edited September 2010
    Wild Missingno. appeared

What do you d$@cs@!#2n1

Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is probably one of the few spambots that has managed to make me laugh out loud.

Though I wouldn't click any link that one of thems link to be safe, no matter what browser/ what you have installed for internet security (though I'm pretty sure most people on the forum are aware of such things).

edit: though the fact that it seems to have merely clipped some of the text from the OP in addition to its little link pitch makes me much less amused.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2010
    So does someone actually have an issue with my character throwing himself into danger. I want to say that I DO understand that I am throwing myself into danger and I do not expect to be protected by the Game Master.

But if someone figures out a way for us all to get away including Pyrrhus Ryan won't go rushing off.

bratr on
    edited September 2010
    No issues here.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2010
    k cool, after all isnt stopping rampaging pokemon what rangers do.

bratr on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2010
    New thread time

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.