As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics Solicitations for December 2010

MunchMunch Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Graphic Violence
Who's the slacker that usually puts these things up?

Because you're slacking. Anyway, here's a few that grabbed my attention. Full solicitations are here.

sg51yd.jpg
CBR wrote:
KNIGHT & SQUIRE #3
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art by JIMMY BROXTON
Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE & MICHAEL LACOMBE
Cyril and Beryl have the fight of their lives on their hands when Shakespeare’s most evil monarch, Richard III, returns! And he’s brought with him a cloned army of all the worst Kings of England, intent on taking back the country through the use of social networking! Yes, that’s the plot!
On sale DECEMBER 8 • 3 of 6 • 32 pg, FC $2.99 US
Paul Cornell just cold don't give a fuck, and I love that.

5wh6px.jpg
CBR wrote:
BATGIRL #16
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by DUSTIN NGUYEN & DEREK FRIDOLFS
Cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
The “Order of the Scythe” has drawn first blood, framing Batgirl for a crime she didn’t commit. Can she outrun Gotham City’s Finest long enough to prove her innocence? The birth of Batgirl’s gallery of rogues begins here as “The Lesson” continues!
On sale DECEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Dustin Nguyen on art? That dude's a machine. Also, pretty neat that Miller apparently plans to start giving Batgirl her own Rogues Gallery. I always hate it when heroes all seem to fight the same ten popular villains.
2dcfubt.jpg
CBR wrote:
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #79
Written by CHRIS ROBERSON
Art by JESUS MERINO
Cover by FIONA STAPLES
Get ready to go back to the 853rd century as SUPERMAN/BATMAN visits the world of DC ONE MILLION! What dangerous foe threatens to destroy both the 853rd and 21st centuries? Find out here in the first part of a 2-part story by Chris Roberson (I, ZOMBIE) and Jesus Merino (JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA)!
On sale DECEMBER 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Shit, that's a great creative team and a concept I love.

2mpml8h.jpg
CBR wrote:
JSA ALL-STARS #13
Written by MATTHEW STURGES
Art by HOWARD PORTER & ART THIBERT
Cover by FREDDIE WILLIAMS II
Left powerless, Cyclone struggles to lead a “normal” life apart from the ALL-STARS. But the sudden appearance of a team of Cy-Clones leaves her questioning her mental powers as well! And how can she prove she’s the one and only original when the others seem to have her abilities – and more?
On sale DECEMBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US
I should really be reading All-Stars, shouldn't I?

30jqmvo.jpg
CBR wrote:
BOOSTER GOLD #39
Written by KEITH GIFFEN & J.M. DEMATTEIS
Art and cover by CHRIS BATISTA & RICH PERROTTA
Forced to face the reality that his best friend Ted Kord is never coming back from the dead, Booster Gold withdraws from reality by running home to his original time and place. Unfortunately, once home, he’s arrested for the theft of the Time Sphere that allowed him to become Booster Gold in the first place!
On sale DECEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Boo-urns.

fei5jc.jpg
CBR wrote:
DOOM PATROL #17
Written by KEITH GIFFEN
Art by MATTHEW CLARK and RON RANDALL
Cover by MATTHEW CLARK
A man walks into a talent agent’s office. No, wait, that’s not how this one goes; let’s start again. A Robotman walks into a murderous family’s moving castle. He witnesses mayhem, torture, bloody death, and a hell of a party. So what do you call an act like that? Join us as the Doom Patrol meets…The Aristocrats!
On sale DECEMBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Giffen, you're a mad genius.

2s80oe9.jpg
CBR wrote:
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #8
Written by LEN WEIN
Art by DAN JURGENS & JERRY ORDWAY with SCOTT KOLINS
Cover by DAN JURGENS & JERRY ORDWAY
1:25 Variant cover by TBD
Four new Supermen . . . a new Batman . . . the DC Universe has never seen such change. When it comes to the Reign of the new Supermen, not all change is good! Also, witness the fall of the greatest Green Lantern of all time – Hal Jordan! And take a trip to Apokolips and the world of the New Gods!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale DECEMBER 22 • 8 of 10 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
Yes.

Munch on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Freddie Williams seems to be off of JSA All-Stars, this makes me sad.

I do love that Legacies #8 cover. Everyone hates that era but it was great.

There's really nothing worthwhile I see. Knight and Squire and that's it. Emerald Warriors #3 cover, nicht so gut. Fables seems to be on a break after #100.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2010
    2qm2c8k.jpg

holy crap doug mahnke's art has gotten a thousand times better

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2010
    I want to be excited for that Batman: Orphans mini but Eddie Berganza is a butt writer and that artist looks like he's doing the worst Humberto Ramos impersonation ever

also, according to the artist's deviantart, this book was made 8 years ago and never released

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Carlo Barberi's a good artist! Impulse! But yeah, Berganza's stopped me from buying that book. Didn't like his TT Wednesday Comics at all.

And why is this book being released now but Busiek's Krypto story isn't? Where my dog at?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh I didn't realize Barberi did Impulse

I guess it makes sense that he looks like a Ramos rip-off

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh damn, Lord Death Man. Freakin' unbelievable.

Also

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview2.php?image=solicits/dccomics/201012/dcu/GL_Cv61_var.jpg

GL 61 cover is siiick.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There seems to be an abundance of the "Hush" collected editions. I really see no point in this latest one.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, is Wonder Woman's new look only for her own comic?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DTC_Cv872.jpg
    Yeah, I'm jumping on that.

BDAY-16-var.jpg
    This is also the best cover yet for BD. Not jumping on that though.

Feedom-Fighters-4.jpg
    I didn't mean for this post to be just covers, but this is great
    THE QUESTION: PIPELINE TP
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Art and cover by CULLY HAMNER
    Greg Rucka returns to write the adventures of Renee Montoya – the character he helped transform into The Question – as a gun-running scheme threatens Gotham City in stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #854-863. Features the art of Cully Hamner (RED)!
    On sale JANUARY 26 • 128 pg, FC, $14.99 US

So they're finally collecting the backups. Good.

Oh and has anyone been following the Vertigo Crime OGN's? Any recommendations?

MastaP on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is a really nice cover.

Solar on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know which one is really ugly?
    It's on purpose though.
    JONH_Cv62.jpg