As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hiphopapotamus his [CHAT]ing is bottomless

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you should go play monkey island right now, lechuck's revenge is the better of the two in my humble of humblest opinions but damn is it hard!

beavotron on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I got sick of Psychonauts, because I was getting OCD about collecting all the figments of imagination, and there were some levels where it was just impossible to find them all. I really should give it another shot.

EDIT: Man, there's no way to beat a [strike]Monkey Island[/strike] [strike]Lucas Arts[/strike] adventure game without a walkthrough, what are you talking about?

Flay on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I played Escape from Monkey Island, which was fun but that was it, I couldn't be assed going back in time to catch up.

Mustang on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maaaaaaaybe. Though from what I've seen some of the updated art looks a little...off.

I think these version posses the ability to switch between updated and classic graphics on the fly. I think.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    I played Escape from Monkey Island, which was fun but that was it, I couldn't be assed going back in time to catch up.

But man that's the worst one!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maaaaaaaybe. Though from what I've seen some of the updated art looks a little...off.

I think these version posses the ability to switch between updated and classic graphics on the fly. I think.

If true, this is awesome, and makes me want to pick it up. I haven't played the Monkey Island games and... the updated graphics /really/ didn't help that.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry I bought it for about 5 bucks.

Mustang on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Awwww man, i love Curse of Money Islands background art. It's B-E-A utiful.
    I never enjoyed playing Monkey Island (as im not very good at adventure games - especially when some of the puzzles are not logical lol) but i loved watching my brother play them.

Just for a rant, you know Australia has it too easy in comparison to the rest of the world when the bloody climate change 'issue' is at the top of the political agender. Even if climate change is caused by people, Australia only contributes about 1% of the worlds carbon emissions. And these people in Canberra want to reduce that by 5% by 2020. talk about a pointless action.A lot of good an ETS did for New Zealand

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry I bought it for about 5 bucks.

5 dollars Australian? That's less than I paid for Daikatana, which I bought entirely because of the irony (I paid $5 US).

I never enjoyed playing Monkey Island

Goddamit, you came so close to making a post with a correct opinion for once in your life, and then you just had to fuck it up.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I never enjoyed playing Monkey Island

Goddamit, you came so close to making a post with a correct opinion for once in your life, and then you just had to fuck it up.

I loved the atmosphere in Bladerunner, the filming, the music, but the story sucks ass!
    :winky:

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I hate you.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I suppose I should have made that joke infraction a warning.

Whoooops.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I suppose I should have made that joke infraction a warning.

Whoooops.

Bacon, one day i will have the power to GET RID OF YOU!!!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Pfft, you'd never make it as a mod.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Besides, one day, all those infractions will be lost, in time...like...tears...in rain.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sweet glorious Justice!

Nappuccino on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wonder why we don't get downloadable versions of the old Sam & Max games on the consoles, those ones I actually used to play.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I don't know why Bacon infracted WCK. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.
    Actually the narrated version did kinda suck.

Mustang on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I sat at my keyboard thinking about that one movie with a terrible narrator. The name is almost lost in my mind, but before it is forgotten for ever, I pull it from the brink of death.... it was Sin City.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I don't know why Bacon infracted WCK. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Angel of Sushi, that's what my ex-wife called me.

Cold fish.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Just for a rant, you know Australia has it too easy in comparison to the rest of the world when the bloody climate change 'issue' is at the top of the political agender. Even if climate change is caused by people, Australia only contributes about 1% of the worlds carbon emissions. And these people in Canberra want to reduce that by 5% by 2020. talk about a pointless action.A lot of good an ETS did for New Zealand

Yeah let's sit on our collective asses because it's always someone else's problem. Keep the good ideas coming WCK.

bombardier on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Final Cut only, plz.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The directors cut isn't bad either.

It has less random caged dancing woman in the street.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, the Director's Cut is acceptable as well. I just can't stand the voice over.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Finally tracked down the song I was looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwr79lPRrFI

Flay on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh god ive contracted some awful flu
    most likely from sharing smokes with all those dirty raver kids
    i havent been this sick in years i forgot what it felt like

i used to be like this for like, 3 months out of the year in elementary school
    jesus christ how do kids do it

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

But per capita we're one of the worst in the world, even if you don't believe climate change is a reality you should believe that our current resource usage is unsustainable. The requirement to switch to renewable resources is as certain as death and taxes. Just because we're a small population doesn't automatically give us the right to pollute and use resources like maniacs because we don't have as much of an impact. Australia is a member of the developed world, and a a member it's our responsibility to provide an economic/ecological blueprint to undeveloped nations. We're all citizens of the earth and we all have a responsibility towards it, even if others aren't pulling their weight.

I don't usually reply to online political commentary, but don't believe anything that comes out of politicians mouth WCK, even Tony Abbott's.
    They're all liars looking to obtain power and once obtained, hold onto it.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm watching The Ghost and the Darkness. Apparently Val Kilmer won a Razzie for Worst Supporting Actor in this movie, but before reading that I was thinking to myself, 'huh, this is the only movie I've seen there Val Kilmer doesn't come across as a total douchebag." Maybe that's what made people think his performance was so unbelievable.

Although if I had to take I guess, I'd think there probably wasn't as much hair gel available back then as Mr. Kilmer would have you believe.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Fever delicioso

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i mean delirium

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm watching The Ghost and the Darkness. Apparently Val Kilmer won a Razzie for Worst Supporting Actor in this movie, but before reading that I was thinking to myself, 'huh, this is the only movie I've seen there Val Kilmer doesn't come across as a total douchebag." Maybe that's what made people think his performance was so unbelievable.

Although if I had to take I guess, I'd think there probably wasn't as much hair gel available back then as Mr. Kilmer would have you believe.

I actually found Michael Douglas to be infinitely more grating than Val Kilmer. Especially during the dancing scene, I was preying for one of the lions to take him out and end the pitiful charade that he was a 'friend' of the local tribesmen.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I just chalked up everything he said and did to his character being one of those roles that's entirely about a big-name actor coming up with a thinly veiled excuse for them to dress up like stereotype role X and chew scenery.

See also: Nicolas Cage in pretty much everything Nicolas Cage has ever been in.

Also, I was really disappointed that the movie didn't
    have the balls to actually have Kilmer's wife and kids get mauled by lions and not have that just be a dream sequence. I mean, it's not like I want to see a woman and child get savagely torn apart by lions, but holy shit that would have been a mind-bending turn of events coming from a film that had played it so close to the Hollywood standard up until that point. I know the point there was to get the audience to stand up and go HOLY FUCK at that point, but as it's happening all you can think is, "man this movie does not have the sack to go through with this all the way", and you can't help be a little disappointed that that instinct was correct.

I want to do a non-director's cut special edition where it goes all out and mauls those poor sons of bitches, Kilmer goes berserk and declares war on all wildlife, using a vintage gatling cannon strapped to a stump on his arm. where a lion had previously ripped his hand clean off.

Good or bad, you have to hand it to any movie that you walk out of going, "Man, I didn't see that coming."

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Nic cage is great (and subtle) in Adaptation

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Did he even finish that fucking bridge? I can't remember.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The bridge turned out to be the THIRD lion.

DUHN DUHN DUHN

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, I didn't see that coming.

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In Hollywood there are actors or persona, with the latter raking in the bulk of the money. Guys like George Clooney/Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp/etc all do the same exact role for every movie they star in and people eat it right up. They can still be entertaining to watch regardless, but that's not acting, that's going on autopilot.

I dunno, I kind of find that lazy. I get way more respect for the lesser-known guys and gals who can really get lost in their roles without relying on star power.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Clooney and Pitt can feel like they're on autopilot a lot of the time, particularly the former, but I think Depp has a fair bit of versatility. In my book though the best movie actor at the moment is Daniel Day Lewis.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Depp has versatility, but he's relying too much on his "energetic quirky persona" lately- and all of those blur together.

I think Pitt is the worse of the two actors. I can only thing of a handful of movies where I actually liked his performance. Clooney atleast convinces me he is in the moment (usually)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I think we're all forgetting the greatest acting moment of our time though.
    top-gun-five-o.gif
    You cannot deny the genius of a bruckheimer/cruise combo

Mustang on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hey who like coconut icecream?

PROX on
This discussion has been closed.