As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Assemble!

ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
The Leader:

Captain_America6.jpg

The Gadget Man:

iron%20man.jpg

The Hitters:

hulk_sitting.jpg

thor-movie.jpg

ant-man.jpg

The Recon:

440px-waspers.jpg

Honorable Mentions:

Vision-_Marvel.jpg

433px-MsMarvel_04.PNG

Hawkeye-thumb-315x397-6139.jpg

Avengers, Assemble!

Thomamelas on

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yess, I much prefer it when someone is picked to make the thread.

Sarksus on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Shameless mod pandering

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Yessssss

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Let's start off this chat with the glory of david bowie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

JamesKeenan on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh helllllllllll yeah

desc on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2010
    I've been flossing with this for a bit. I don't think I could go back to anything else.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    I've been flossing with this for a bit. I don't think I could go back to anything else.

I clicked that wondering if it would be a dental product or a piece of jewelry.

I have the same unit, per my dentist's suggestion. pik-hi5

desc on
    edited September 2010
    And in more bitching about Netflix, why is Predator not on instant? Or Conan? 'cause I want to watch those now.

It's good to be back in Nashville and not stuck in goddamned O'Hare. I hate airport food.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think it ended up being "Charlotte arrives at the house" or some shit

now I'm trying to invert questions and fuck if I know how to do that.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    whoa, when did Jacobkosh become a mod

Antimatter on
    edited September 2010
    I floss with this.

JamesKeenan on
    edited September 2010
    I should get that. Flossing with a water laser would be fun.

Sarksus on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    And in more bitching about Netflix, why is Predator not on instant? Or Conan? 'cause I want to watch those now.

It's good to be back in Nashville and not stuck in goddamned O'Hare. I hate airport food.

They used to be not too long ago. one thing you'll notice is that stuff cycles in and out of instant pretty regularly.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also

Evil Multi asked me how HBC makes money off the HBC card

well for starters there's the standard interest rate thing (which, to be frank, isn't a huge profit margin for credit cards)

more than anything else though it's an amazing loyalty program. it gets people spending their money at that store specifically

so as associates we're supposed to push em hard. the expectation for people once they are out of their training period is to do 1/day at least

Pony on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've never played anything as bad at UI as LoL.
    The game cored within a few minutes of installing, the tutorial is a chick talking in a goofy hard to understand voice and I can't turn on subtitles, the practice games don't seem to have a filter functionality, so I can't prune out the 80% of games that have a password I don't know, and it took me 10ish seconds to find the options menu, and then after I reset the graphics, it took me another 10ish seconds to find 'end game.'

Oh and somehow my first account won't accept my password or the answer to my security question. Googling the problem took me to LoL forums, which had a post from a moderator or somebody linking to a thread of possible fixes. The link was dead. The 'reset password' link from the game takes me to the main page of the website, not to a page about resetting passwords.

Update: Friend system! I tried to invite SOTAR for arranged team play. He rejected me, according to the game. According to him, it never popped up or anything. I added him as a friend and he showed up in my friends list. It said they sent him a request, but again, he never got it. I started chatting to him, and he got nothing on his screen. He was in the tutorial... maybe chatting is out of game only? Friend features seem inferior to Battlenet 1.0

It is a free game, but HoN seems like a bargain at twice the price.

I guess it's pretty cool as long as you know exactly what you are doing, or something?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

i might have to go to chicago next week

also my friend just moved to nashville, she is from memphis but went to school up here but she landed a professional dancing gig in nashville

ballerina type, not stripper type, to clarify

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm exhausted.

Dunadan019 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yessssss

Classic line up for you. But I couldn't resist the Hank Pym joke.

Thomamelas on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ant Man is a hitter?

His wife, maybe.
    I'm so sorry

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2010
    The game cored within a few minutes of installing, the tutorial is a chick talking in a goofy hard to understand voice and I can't turn on subtitles, the practice games don't seem to have a filter functionality, so I can't prune out the 80% of games that have a password I don't know, and it took me 10ish seconds to find the options menu, and then after I reset the graphics, it took me another 10ish seconds to find 'end game.'

Oh and somehow my first account won't accept my password or the answer to my security question. Googling the problem took me to LoL forums, which had a post from a moderator or somebody linking to a thread of possible fixes. The link was dead. The 'reset password' link from the game takes me to the main page of the website, not to a page about resetting passwords.

Update: Friend system! I tried to invite SOTAR for arranged team play. He rejected me, according to the game. According to him, it never popped up or anything. I added him as a friend and he showed up in my friends list. It said they sent him a request, but again, he never got it. I started chatting to him, and he got nothing on his screen. He was in the tutorial... maybe chatting is out of game only? Friend features seem inferior to Battlenet 1.0

I guess it is a free game, but HoN seems like a bargain at twice the price.

I guess it's pretty cool as long as you know exactly what you are doing, or something?

You're not alone. I prefer HoN without hesitation.

JamesKeenan on
    edited September 2010
    Shaz, did you think if you didn't clarify we would ask for pix?

Sarksus on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Chatting to someone in game used to work I believe, something broke and well, no idea what they're doing now.

Zandracon on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Shaz, did you think if you didn't clarify we would ask for pix?

man, you never know with you pervs

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

It is a free game, but HoN seems like a bargain at twice the price.

See, I had the complete opposite experience. The LoL UI is easy to use. HoN looks like a horrific trainwreck that will be remembered for centuries.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh I would Jakob, if there was a free clinic around.

I'm almost tempted to go to the VA and try and get it looked at, but I hate doing that, more then anything.

I'd rather be in pain then take the spot of someone who truely needs it. Who truely deserves it.

Jokerman on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I am not giving up until I play at least one full game with chatters and they enjoy it and I don't. But this is p stunning.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2010
    Facebook wrote:
    Friending Activity
    You added 7 new friends this month.
    Your friends added 3857 new friends.
    That's a lot!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yessssss

Classic line up for you. But I couldn't resist the Hank Pym joke.

best hank pym joke ever

Deadpool: yo momma's so fat, hank pym had to beat her up in the back of the quinnjet.

Jokerman on
    edited September 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »

Chatting to someone in game used to work I believe, something broke and well, no idea what they're doing now.

It seems likely I am doin it rong. Too many chatters like this for it to be this awful.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Ant Man is a hitter?

His wife, maybe.
    I'm so sorry

I couldn't resist the joke either.

Thomamelas on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh snap. I just rode up to a Swadian castle, hoping that the lord there would accept some tribute from me in exchange for leaving me in peace so I could use their land as safe haven and operating base for raids on the Rhodoks and forest/mountain bandits.

I got my audience and when I told the lord of the castle that I wished to make peace with Swadia, he said, "Do you? Trip on your sword, then, and give us all some peace."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I was pretty excited about reading the plot to Devil on wikipedia. This is my new way of enjoying MKS films. Why waste two hours and $10 when for 2 minutes and free you can get the exact same amount of satisfaction.

Regina Fong on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

It seems likely I am doin it rong. Too many chatters like this for it to be this awful.

Hm. Lemme get on a smurf account or something.

Zandracon on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Ant Man is a hitter?

His wife, maybe.
    I'm so sorry

I couldn't resist the joke either.
    You could have used a Giant Man pic, but then it wouldn't have been as obvious.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    whoa, when did Jacobkosh become a mod

just yesterday

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have been told to assume that, unless they call and interrupt it, my 2-week vacation is a go.

I refuse to worry!

Tamin on
    edited September 2010

i might have to go to chicago next week

also my friend just moved to nashville, she is from memphis but went to school up here but she landed a professional dancing gig in nashville

ballerina type, not stripper type, to clarify

Dance Theatre of Tennessee?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    I have been told to assume that, unless they call and interrupt it, my 2-week vacation is a go.

I refuse to worry!

Smash your phone into pieces.

Or take out the battery.

But if it's an iPhone smash it into pieces.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010

Hm. Lemme get on a smurf account or something.

Naw, 'scool. We can chat to each other now that he is out of the tutorial, and we are on vent.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I am not giving up until I play at least one full game with chatters and they enjoy it and I don't. But this is p stunning.

But chances are all the chatters will move on to a new game within a few hours.

Cinders on
This discussion has been closed.