As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RADlands - Vector art all up ins

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kinda waiting on Tommy.

May do an update for the other groups, but his has the most progress to go until it's over anyway, and I'm kind of trying to keep everything synched up.

DE?AD on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I kinda thought we were ahead of the other groups by a bit

ah well, my bad

I'll write something up right now

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Well, you're kind of the only guys with an actual mission.

DE?AD on
    edited September 2010
    VIDURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2KC1P9s6-Q"]Jimothy's Nightmares[/VIDURL URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Jimothy"]Jimothy[/URL Special 0% Stress 0% Progress: 0%
    [Telepath 65% (SK)(DF)(VI)][Abiding 20% (ar)][Street Rat 15% (sk)][Teenager 20% (vi)][Hard Knock Life 25% (wk)]
    [Gay Blade 10% (vi)(in)][Oliver ??% (??)][Black Card (sk) 10%]
    [Severed Arm 90% (hn)][Overflow 50% (wk)]

D-damn

Standing his ground, Jimothy drops the Ginsu Shotgun, the blades firmly lodging the thing in the floor

"Bring it", he mutters, one of his hands coming up to grasp the small cross sitting on his chest, the other balling itself into a tight fist

"Bring it!"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dusty better be ready to drop some knowledge when everyone gets back to base!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Well, you're kind of the only guys with an actual mission.

I'm turning Toronto into a mission

provided I succeed my rolls D:

Antimatter on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    personally I love the idea of dealing the BPs a blow with some missile that's been sitting in a silo waiting since the Cold War

repurposing humanity's ability to build things that are fantastically good at killing its own

nothing quite like that nuclear fire

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited September 2010
    <3 you Lock

Antimatter on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I say we nuke mayfield

Shabooty on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Michael's been around for a lot longer, but it's worth a shot, I say. Maybe in conjunction with a larger plan.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There are actually some neat parallels with Halo, particularly the "giant calamity gets twisted into a religion to worship said calamity"

interested to find out what happened during the first Crash

I'm curious about that

but I'm more curious about what happened that's required a second crash

I mean, going off the Bible, a rough outline would be something like

-Crash happens, Moses is the first person to make contact with MAIN, becomes a freaker and liberates the Hebrew people
    -Various freakers appear throughout ancient history, praised as prophets and people blessed by god (basically just put a RADlands lens over the entire old testament)
    -Jesus shows up. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus was just another manifestation of the archangel Micheal, so it's possible that he was a BP. Strange method of creation may have gotten twisted into "virgin birth." was executed, his resurrection and ascendance to heaven might be a fancy way of saying that he was fully reincorporated into MAIN. A promise was made that he'd return.

This raises a lot of questions though.

Why was the Crash so much more localized than it was this time? Assuming that MAIN is only the Abrahamic God then why would the Crash only affect the middle east? Are other ancient religions separate interpretations of the Crash? Was there a pantheon of BPs that lived up on Mount Olympus? Were sacrificial rituals done in South America and elsewhere to offer people to be incorporated by carbosillicate gods? If that's true then why is it that this time they've only taken on Judeo-Christian characteristics? Why did they wait this long to mass-assimilate people? Couldn't MAIN have created something that duplicated Lucifer's method to some extent? Spreading the idea that you need to unquestioningly allow God into your heart makes a great deal of sense, but what's the point of preaching that if Lucifer keeps siphoning all your souls? Why say that only unbelieving souls get cast into hell when in fact everyone does, and regardless they can and will assimilate you even if you don't believe? How is it that a place that no man has ever seen before matches as a rough analogue to the hell that Dante describes in the Inferno (actually that one's probably just for aesthetic flair on DE?AD's part)?

I'm definitely really interested to see where things go. If I had to guess I would say that MAIN used to be significantly weaker, only able to cause a fairly localized crash and not able to run as extensive of processes in our world. Jesus was /10000 in his first carbosillicate body, but it lacked the strength to overpower people and was destroyed. Since then MAIN's just been sitting back, gathering power and observing humanity, priming as many people as possible to welcome it with open arms before coming back with a vengeance.

Speed Racer on
  • CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like you, Speed.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you are pretty not too bad yourself cyense

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Brevity is the soul of wit

Not speed

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited September 2010
    yeah I dunno why I keep making really long posts in here lately

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2010
    yeah I dunno why I keep making really long posts in here lately

Please don't think about it

I don't need another block of text

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ain't nothin' bad about text-blocks if they're interesting.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
    edited September 2010
    his poor heart can't take it speed

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2010
    It's like a thread blood clot

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someone needs to explain how if the Crash happened a few weeks ago and the angels only formed due to the use of people's personalities, how they're a few centuries old?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited September 2010
    Only michael existed beforehand. And angels aren't formed from personalities. They're tasks from main. Software.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooh, I see.

In other news I never thought I had it in me to be such a fanboy. It's like looking into the dark side of my being.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited September 2010
    I got no problem with you expounding, Speed.

I love it when players do that.

DE?AD on
    edited September 2010
    yeah that's right you hear that dubh

why don't you just go

suck

a

lemon

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2010
    if you'd like help I have a forty-five page treatise prepared on the subject

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2010
    I could go for a nice lemon right about now

Shabooty on
    edited September 2010
    me too
    let's have a party

Antimatter on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    and thus my thread ends not with a bang, but a with plume of hot air

Squall on
    edited September 2010
    I don't know any old men

Shabooty on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    man I like the idea of Judeo-Christian/Islamic religion being about MAIN and other more Pagan faiths to be made by man in truth

more interesting that way

Shock G on
    edited September 2010
    It's also important to remember that, while the Bible does seem to, basically, be a record of the First Crash, it's been told, re-told, rewritten, translated, and retranslated. It's a massive game of telephone, and, as such, not necessarily perfectly intact or at all in-context.

Still, some of the other questions Speed brings up actually will be addressed by the end of the game.

DE?AD on
    edited September 2010
    Wait woah woah.

There was a crash before this?

Are we getting into some Assassin's Creed stuff now?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited September 2010
    Uh... The First Crash was mentioned quite a few times.

Remember when Micheal was talking with you, and he showed you the creation of his Shell? Remember that the dudes were wearing robes and sandals in a earthen hut? Yeah.

DE?AD on
    edited September 2010
    Oh.

I'm dumb.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited September 2010

why don't you just go

suck

a

lemon

is lemon a code word for dick?

I think DE?AD has plenty more for you

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited September 2010
    man what I actually don't remember any of that

Speed Racer on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To be fair, Makali was probably admiring himself the whole time, so it makes sense that Vis wouldn't know.

He's trying not to metagame.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited September 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

why don't you just go

suck

a

lemon

is lemon a code word for dick?

I think DE?AD has plenty more for you

no it's not

and I don't even understand your comeback so there

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2010
    I think Dubh wants you to suck my dick.

It's too late to argue now.

DE?AD on
    edited September 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    I think Dubh wants you to suck my dick.

It's too late to argue now.

wait then did he just say you have a bigger dick than him

trying to diffuse this sexually tense situation with deflective questions

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.