As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 9/29/10: You need approval from the gorilla.

MunchMunch Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Graphic Violence
Chew #14, in which cibopathic badass Mason Savoy wrecks some dudes.
fz3cc1.jpg

vyt6oh.jpg

It probably doesn't seem so neat to people that haven't read the series, but John Colby, Tony Chu's cybernetically-enhanced partner, has received some really neat character development over the course of the series. Going from someone who seemed to have an adversarial relationship with Tony, to an ally, and finally to a friend. And this moment really cemented that friendship.

Munch on

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, that is great. I really need to get that collection of Chew when I can afford it.

DouglasDanger on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Detective Comics #869, another good issue, in which we see Robins never have it easy:

dc869a.jpg

dc869b.jpg

dc869c.jpg

dc869d.jpg

The only thing I don't like about the arc is that it really makes an attempt to not mention whether it's Bruce or Dick under the cowl. It is Dick, but Alfred never calls him Dick, and his interactions with Babs are more along the lines of Bruce. I think it's that the decision was made for the impending trade so that it is a more timeless story.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Detective Comics #869, another good issue, in which we see Robins never have it easy:

dc869a.jpg

dc869b.jpg

dc869c.jpg

dc869d.jpg

Munch on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't read it but Avengers Prime #3 has an absolutely manly Steve Rogers moment.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Munch wrote: »

dc869a.jpg

dc869b.jpg

dc869c.jpg

dc869d.jpg

Uh, what the hell am i looking at here?

Robos A Go Go on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chew #14, in which cibopathic badass Mason Savoy wrecks some dudes.
    fz3cc1.jpg

vyt6oh.jpg

It probably doesn't seem so neat to people that haven't read the series, but John Colby, Tony Chu's cybernetically-enhanced partner, has received some really neat character development over the course of the series. Going from someone who seemed to have an adversarial relationship with Tony, to an ally, and finally to a friend. And this moment really cemented that friendship.

Looks like Chu has both ears in those panels. Did it grow back or something?

noir_blood on
    edited September 2010
    He essentially has a Mr. Potatohead-style prosthetic ear now. For a long time, he had a Caucasian-tone one, because his boss was being a dick to him. Colby later got him one that actually matched his skin tone.
    Edit: And the reason the ear-biting was a big deal, more so than just the fact that Savoy maimed Chu, was that Savoy kept the ear. Were he to eat it, as he warned Tony he'd do if he got in his way, Savoy would learn all of Tony's secrets, and go after his loved ones.

Munch on
    edited September 2010

dc869a.jpg

dc869b.jpg

dc869c.jpg

dc869d.jpg

Uh, what the hell am i looking at here?
    There have been riots in Gotham because flash mobs have been using a modified joker gas to become Jokerz, who are destroying stuff. But the police can't really do anything about it until they turn into Jokerz and start breaking things. And because they killed some cops after one of their own was killed by a cop who was shot, there have been other cops and people who have dressed up as Batman vigilantes to take on the Jokerz. It's a bigger version of Cowboys and Indians.

A kid has decided to dress up as Batman, so his younger brother naturally dresses up as Robin, but the head of the Batman vigilantes doesn't want a sidekick

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is awesome artwork, and a neat idea. It is too bad the nutso Batman Jr there is a complete psycho.

DouglasDanger on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I know it came out last week, but this exchange between Bizarro and Supergirl in Supergirl #56 made me laugh.

"That am bad idea, Supergirl"
    "This is Bizarro World. All of my bad ideas are good ones here, aren't they? Don't worry. I'll be fine."
    "That... that am not exactly how Bizarro World works..."

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
    edited September 2010
    Was Supergirl right though?

TexiKen on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was Supergirl right though?

No.
    She gets punted through Bizarro-World by a giant alien insect that sends out smaller insects to eat planets.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My real MotW is finally reading the first 4 issues of Thor: The Mighty Avenger. Fantastic book with great art.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I didn't read it but Avengers Prime #3 has an absolutely manly Steve Rogers moment.
    Do you mean where he makes passionate love to a naked Tony Stark on the corpse of Fing Fang Foom?

To be honest I've only leafed through it so this may only be a rough outline of what actually happened.

NODe on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I heard that the Valkyrie one-shot was boss, is this correct?

Wildcat on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would call it "pretty good"

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited October 2010
    I was going to buy it, read the preview, saw it opens with attempted rape, and figured it wasn't really for me.

Munch on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Haven't gotten to pick up my stack yet, so my motw, is somewhat sad and scary , Crwth's weird japan marvel webcomic posted in the se++ webcomics thread. You can find it, I feel dirty relinking it even tho it's not dirty rofl.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Got Empowered vol 1-3 from amazon this week

They're pretty good, though it's jarring how it can go from weird fetish bait stuff to something like Willy Pete and Thugboy's backstory

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Woo, screw the weirdo posts ( altho they were pretty funny) picked up my stack and my Ultimate mini marvels trade was in. huzzah.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Got Empowered vol 1-3 from amazon this week

They're pretty good, though it's jarring how it can go from weird fetish bait stuff to something like Willy Pete and Thugboy's backstory

Wait till you get to Death Monger in the latest one.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]