Well, PAX East tickets are on sale, and you know what that means! Planning for the PAX Pokemon League: East is now underway!
In case some of you are unaware, the PAX Pokemon League is an alternate-reality game played during PAX with your DSs. Anytime you see a Gym Leader, you may challenge them to a 1 on 1 battle, and if you defeat them you obtain a badge. If you obtain 8 badges, you can challenge the Elite Four and the champion! It was started this year at PAX Prime by Patrick Daly - thespiffyneostar on the forums.
Requirements to be a Gym Leader
- PAX East 3-day ticket
- This one's non-negotiable. You won't be listed on the roster until you have it, and your spot may be given away. We had a few people who ran into issues getting theirs, and that was one of the reasons we were low on leaders at Prime.
- DS with a copy of HGSS
- We had a bunch of rules for DPPt at Prime. They didn't work. You must have either HG or SS to compete this year.
- Some spending money
- I will try to shoulder a bunch of the costs, but this is an expensive con for me. Expect to buy your own badges (15-30 dollars) and perhaps a leader shirt or bandana.
- I expect people who wish to become leaders are people who actually wish to go all out. Cosplay, getting in character, debating dueling strategies in our super-secret group are all good examples!
How do I sign up?
- Unfortunately all the leader spots have been filled.
- If you are interested in joining the wait list, send an email to email@example.com
with the subject "PPL Leader Waitlist!" and your information.
- Being a challenger is infinitely more fun, so hold on and you'll get more information about that!
I can't go to PAX, or I don't have the time. How can I help?
- We're looking for someone vaguely experienced in flash animation.
- We're looking for additional artists for the project.
- And you can always be a challenger!