Information about the turnout and hall of fame coming soon!
Have you ever wanted to be the very best, like nobody ever was? Is catching them your real test, is training them your cause? You may have conquered Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, bested their leaders, and toppled their Elite Four, but all that was just preparing you for the true challenge.
The PAX Pokemon league is an alternate-reality game that is played at PAX. There will be gym leaders wandering the convention hall, ready to take any challenges. Defeat them in a DS battle [HG/SS only] and you receive their badge. After collecting eight badges, you'll be able to challenge the Elite Four and perhaps a champion for the right to be considered a Champion yourself! All champions can also compete in a tournament on the last day to see who is the one true PAX Pokemon League champion.
So how does this work?
To keep it simple, you go around PAX, find leaders who will be wearing bright green scarves, challenge them to a [strike]dance off
[/strike] Pokemon Battle and collect the badges!
Visit our Forum
Are you meeting anywhere?
Friday: 5:00 PM, Handheld Lounge
Saturday: 1:30 PM, Handheld Lounge (in association with the Pokewalker Brigade!)
Saturday: 4:00 PM, Handheld Lounge
Sunday: CHAMPION'S SHOWCASE: 6:00 PM, Westin Waterfront Lobby!
Tell me more!
Since having just a single thread was a bit too confining last time we did this, we have created many different ways for you to keep track of the league!
: As always, updates will be posted on this thread, and we welcome people to post here to spread awareness.
: This year, we are keeping our own forums that allows conversations to actually take place in a more sane format! Come visit us if you want to debate strategies, ask a question of the leaders, or even just chat on random topics with fellow fans! http://forum.paxpokemonleague.com/index.php
will be updated regularly with information about the league!
Previous Thread Contents:
Well, PAX East tickets are on sale, and you know what that means! Planning for the PAX Pokemon League: East is now underway!
In case some of you are unaware, the PAX Pokemon League is an alternate-reality game played during PAX with your DSs. Anytime you see a Gym Leader, you may challenge them to a 1 on 1 battle, and if you defeat them you obtain a badge. If you obtain 8 badges, you can challenge the Elite Four and the champion! It was started this year at PAX Prime by Patrick Daly - thespiffyneostar on the forums.
Requirements to be a Gym Leader
- PAX East 3-day ticket
- This one's non-negotiable. You won't be listed on the roster until you have it, and your spot may be given away. We had a few people who ran into issues getting theirs, and that was one of the reasons we were low on leaders at Prime.
- DS with a copy of HGSS
- We had a bunch of rules for DPPt at Prime. They didn't work. You must have either HG or SS to compete this year.
- Some spending money
- I will try to shoulder a bunch of the costs, but this is an expensive con for me. Expect to buy your own badges (15-30 dollars) and perhaps a leader shirt or bandana.
- I expect people who wish to become leaders are people who actually wish to go all out. Cosplay, getting in character, debating dueling strategies in our super-secret group are all good examples!
How do I sign up?
- Unfortunately all the leader spots have been filled.
- If you are interested in joining the wait list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "PPL Leader Waitlist!" and your information.
- Being a challenger is infinitely more fun, so hold on and you'll get more information about that!
I can't go to PAX, or I don't have the time. How can I help?
- We're looking for someone vaguely experienced in flash animation.
- We're looking for additional artists for the project.
- And you can always be a challenger!