As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Under ([Chat]) Pressure

• Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    What does the new flamethrower do.

+500 health boost and all crits to all heavies on the opposing team

every time you click the left mouse button, your team loses

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    So apparently Obama and Biden are unlockable in the new NBA Jam.

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

I really wanna get Biden on fire and do a dunk from the 3 point line.

Hell yeah, I'd definatley want to play as Biden, but having a bud playing as the Oman would be cool.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Who swaps to a shotgun. That's silly. You swap to the flare gun.

Sarksus on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    I am missing one missile expansion in Metroid Prime: Corruption. It is also the last item I need to 100% the silly game.

This is frustrating!
    there's a place on the sky planet that has a thingamabob that shows you where the things you're missing are

look that thing up

Yeah, I've launched all the satellites. Gone over every room I've been in, looking for the icon; no dice.

There are a few rooms that aren't shown on the normal map; I just have to remember where those are and double-check them in person, I guess.

Le sigh
    that one crashed ship you explore at the end isn't checked by that thing; it might be there

Good idea, I'll go over that with a fine-tooth comb.

Tamin on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    http://abovethelaw.com/2010/10/employment-discrimination-potpourri-its-hard-out-here-for-new-mothers-and-large-women/

Being fat is going to be a protected class? Man all the ugly people of the world seen hitting mcdonalds.

I dunno how to even juggle that.

I mean, as a somewhat fatass, I don't think I'm disabled. I can do my job fine and dandy.

But if my boss fired me because of it, I'd be pretty pissed and would feel discriminated against.

You can't fire a woman because she's not as attractive as the rest, can you?
    Also Zack Snyder is doing the new superman. I'm kind of leery on that. I mean I'm not a superman fan anyway, but Snyder is kinda being a one trick pony and its not even that great a trick.

And like 300 it will sell $texas and everyone will think it's the greatest thing ever.

Sheep on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

Oh man, that'd be great.

Also, if playing as a political figure changed the announcer's voice to that of a distinguished member of the press, like Walter Cronkite.

Boom shakalaka!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010

It crits when target is on fire now, right?

Sheep on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It's also for flame, airblast, axestinguisher shenanigans.

Inquisitor on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

Oh man, that'd be great.

Also, if playing as a political figure changed the announcer's voice to that of a distinguished member of the press, like Walter Cronkite.

Boom shakalaka!

Now I'm picturing Carl Kasell shouting "Boomshaklaka".

Thomamelas on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's also for flame, airblast, axestinguisher shenanigans.

That's useful. I always thought it was a pain in the ass to change weapons to do that.

Sarksus on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    *slap*

Bama on
    edited October 2010

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

Oh man, that'd be great.

Boom shakalaka!

Too bad Daniel Shorr is dead...

Sheep on
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    And like 300 it will sell $texas and everyone will think it's the greatest thing ever.

Unlikely. Watchmen grossed a fraction of what 300 made, so Snyder's name clearly doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Then again, it's a Superman film, so it'll probably make at least as much as Superman Returns.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

You misspelled 'axetinguisher'

TL DR on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Superman movies are kind of stupid. Unless you're going to do some interesting exploration of the effects of Superman existing on the world, then there's nothing really going on in them: I mean he is pretty much invulnerable. What can you do with that?

electricitylikesme on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    NSFW, lots of profanity, two partial n-words, but this story is hilariously wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6shj5YF25w

this was hilarious

Oh God I'm totally going to hell because I laughed /so/ /hard/

Salvation122 on
    edited October 2010
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there a secret contest in the "Remedial Women's Studies" thread? It seems that people are falling over each other trying to mangle the word "Privilege."

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    problem with cart food

how you feel immediately after

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    problem with cart food

how you feel immediately after

just wait for the poops

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2010
    why is it that 75% of my responses to shaz posts are regarding poop

nexuscrawler on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Is there a secret contest in the "Remedial Women's Studies" thread? It seems that people are falling over each other trying to mangle the word "Privilege."

i don't fucking know, but I am trying so hard to avoid mispelling pvriligede

privligede

priviledege

WHITE POWER

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Quizzy, I find it funny that you hate Microtransactions so much when you're such a huge Warhammer fan, being that..at least as an outsider looking in, seems like the OG of microtransactions.

Ludious on
    edited October 2010
    Arch I think it's funny that you thought I was a girl.

It's probably because I discuss gender way too much, and make gay passes, isn't it?

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited October 2010

It's probably because I discuss gender way too much, and make gay passes, isn't it?

you also put out after 3/4 of an appletini and a salad

nexuscrawler on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am missing one missile expansion in Metroid Prime: Corruption. It is also the last item I need to 100% the silly game.

This is frustrating!
    there's a place on the sky planet that has a thingamabob that shows you where the things you're missing are

look that thing up

Yeah, I've launched all the satellites. Gone over every room I've been in, looking for the icon; no dice.

There are a few rooms that aren't shown on the normal map; I just have to remember where those are and double-check them in person, I guess.

Le sigh
    that one crashed ship you explore at the end isn't checked by that thing; it might be there

Good idea, I'll go over that with a fine-tooth comb.

:whistle: Did I ever tell you? You're my hero ... :whistle:

Thank you!

Tamin on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Every year at my old job they do a Customer Service week. This is their way of making it up to you for being overbearing jerks.

This year's theme is fitness. They do costumes and games. This year the grand prize is a Wii and several games.

Today my wife is going as...

Richard Gene Simmons

25jedzl.jpg

i hope she cut her little tongue-connector thing so she could really get that thing out there

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

you also put out after 3/4 of an appletini and a salad

I also put out before 3/4 of an appletini and a salad.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would go as gene simmons but not in kiss make up, like wear footy pajamas and be a quiet jew put upon by my fish lipped psuedo wife.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Quizzy, I find it funny that you hate Microtransactions so much when you're such a huge Warhammer fan, being that..at least as an outsider looking in, seems like the OG of microtransactions.

I don't get where you are coming from with this at all, to be honest. I guess if I really stretch things I can see the most tenuous of connections, but conflating a table top miniature game with a videogame doesn't seem very accurate to me.

Also, just to be clear, I haven't purchased a GW miniature, or played one of there games in like...2 years at least now. Continued price hikes on their models and less interest in their current rules. I still enjoy the fluff and looking at their models though.

Inquisitor on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Superman movies are kind of stupid. Unless you're going to do some interesting exploration of the effects of Superman existing on the world, then there's nothing really going on in them: I mean he is pretty much invulnerable. What can you do with that?

It's pretty much always Superman and the Slightly Different Kryptonite Delivery System.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    I'm not trolling?

I think being upset over option microtransactions is silly.

disagreeing with the consensus is obviously trolling.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

fuck i wish i saw this in this thread and not the debate one

oh wellls

vOv

Arch on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    She should have gone as a Juggalo.

Couscous on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The more money you spend on Warhammer the better your mans are? You don't see the connection?

Ludious on
    edited October 2010

It's pretty much always Superman and the Slightly Different Kryptonite Delivery System.

and thus why i hate superman stories

Arch on
    edited October 2010

I wrote a rough, fake-pitch for a Superman trilogy in Graphic Violence, and that was pretty much the approach I took for the third film. Following Luthor's attempt to ravage the world in the second film, Superman would have helped humanity rebuild by sharing his Kryptonian technology with them. The result would have been a transformation of the Earth into a mirror image of Krypton.

Coupled with the rise of a Kryptonian-influenced religion which imagines Superman as a messianic figure, Superman is forced to question whether his status as Earth's protector has caused him to derail human development. Now, in a world that seems more an more alien with each new generation, he's beginning to feel like the last true human on Earth.

Meanwhile, you'd have Darkseid as the primary antagonist, as his status as dictator of his hellish world serves as a representation of Superman's fears about himself and his role in Earth's development.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    She should have gone as a Juggalo.

juggalos don't exercise

Ludious on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    100 pages baby

tyrannus on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010