As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Intel wants you to pay to unlock your processor's true capabilities.

13»

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Falken wrote: »
    Falken wrote: »
    ... And then we switch to a higher octane and oh look car thread.

You could be running methanol which is the equivalent of, oh, let's say about 120 octane, and if you lean the mixtures out too much (fun fact, methanol is stoichiometric at 6.42:1, at least twice as rich as gasoline which burns perfectly at 14.7:1), you'll still pre-ignite and burn holes through your nice expensive hypereutectic pistons.

I think everyone here understands that there's a limit. Nobodies saying "lol lean out to 0:1 infinity mpg".

You'd be surprised how many people don't know the first thing about the internal combustion engine. I don't want people getting the wrong idea.

Leaning fuel mixture = more horsepower is definitely the wrong idea.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fats wrote: »
    I prefer diesel processors.

:^:

The gigahertz might not be as high, but they can carry out instructions more efficiently!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • FalkenFalken Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Diesels have a higher instruction per clock ratio.

Falken on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah but they're noisy as fuck.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • FalkenFalken Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    *lives in the 70s*

Falken on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Diesel engines work by - in the words of my Physics textbook - Spontaneous Combustion.

That's basically all I need to know about them to know that they're awesome.

Garthor on