As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Casimir Pulaski [chat]

1565758596062»

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    when the fire thing first came to my attention in chat someone was explaining how it was probably a legal liability and insurance coverage issue. So I mean fair enough it should not be legally possible to get into this situation but sounds like it is tort reform and insurance reform that we need? Seems like it is more complicated than JUST PUT OUT THE FIRE GOSH.

i mean i understand the impulse

dude didn't want to pay into public services but then needed them

it just seems like, as per sheep's scenario, some kind of accommodation could be reached more civilized than "suffer, dick"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I am sorry New Orleans, I cannot get behind the Sazerac

tastes like I'm imbibing cough syrup

they fucked up and put too much herbsaint in it probably

it shouldn't taste like cough syrup

new orleans has a ton of good drinks though

(not the hurricane)

the vieux carre is good, and the classic sours are new orleans drinks as well.

fair enough. since I've come here I've sort of had to forcibly drop the label 'lightweight' but I was about ready to check out after that one, and it was my second drink

I'll give it another shot at a different bar sometime

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    So is there any kind of list of who's playing? I mean, there's the [chat] of Legends OP, but then I still don't know what people's in game IDs are.

open the vent channel

pretty much everyone in LoL > channel 1 is playing

right now it's inq, sarksus, winky, rolando, and i think frosteey?
    don't you dare play LoL

ever

MikeMan on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    when the fire thing first came to my attention in chat someone was explaining how it was probably a legal liability and insurance coverage issue. So I mean fair enough it should not be legally possible to get into this situation but sounds like it is tort reform and insurance reform that we need? Seems like it is more complicated than JUST PUT OUT THE FIRE GOSH.

it just seems like, as per sheep's scenario, some kind of accommodation could be reached more civilized than "suffer, dick"

Not to mention the fire doesn't give a shit who payed their bill, it's gonna keep being a fire for as long and far as you let it. It's a fire. PUT IT OUT.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

When the fire engine is sitting outside your house it is far less complicated. Put the fire out, sort out legality and who pays who later. There is a fucking fire.

RAWR RWAR COMPLICATED THINGS ARE DUMB.

When the thing you are sorting out later is the medical bill for a firefighter that got injured you will probably put a rule in place saying "hey if you go put out a fire we're not responsible for again we are not paying for your medical costs also you will be fired."

Creating a sustainable fire department is a lot less interesting than just saying "PUT THE FIRE OUT GOSH THERE IS A FUCKING FIRE" but it kind of has to be done if you want your idea to work in the real world.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    today was a good day

cute girl sent me boob pics on okc

phillies won

halladay pitched a no hitter

yankees came back and won

played some LoL

vented

started pokemon gamez

not a bad day

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    So is there any kind of list of who's playing? I mean, there's the [chat] of Legends OP, but then I still don't know what people's in game IDs are.

open the vent channel

don't you dare play LoL

ever

wat why

Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm playing League of Legends and I'm even deciding what character I want to buy ooooh!

Sarksus on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

When the fire engine is sitting outside your house it is far less complicated. Put the fire out, sort out legality and who pays who later. There is a fucking fire.

When the thing you are sorting out later is the medical bill for a firefighter that got injured you will probably put a rule in place saying "hey if you go put out a fire we're not responsible for again we are not paying for your medical costs also you will be fired."

Creating a sustainable fire department is a lot less interesting than just saying "PUT THE FIRE OUT GOSH THERE IS A FUCKING FIRE" but it kind of has to be done if you want your idea to work in the real world.

And what if 10 more emergency services personnel get hurt in the raging inferno that the fire has spread to because you're not putting it out when you got the first call?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Couscous on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Thomamelas's points about how it would not be plausible to reach such an accommodation on the fly (because he could just give you the middle finger afterward and every court in the world would hold your accommodation invalid because it was made under duress) seemed pretty convincing to me.

I agree that something was fucked up with the situation and that something needs to change. But I have trouble faulting the guys at the scene for not putting out the fire if that is what they were trained to do.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2010

open the vent channel

don't you dare play LoL

ever

wat why
    all the shit you give me for playing starcraft 2

don't even start

i will jizz all over your face with such a force that you will receive a concussion

MikeMan on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Gents and non-gents, do I go with the Gazelles, the Beckenbauers, or the Kicks?

I think the Beckenbauers look nice, Gim.

Gim on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think I'm going to play hella LoL over the holidays, since I'm spending most of my weekends doing overtime right now. You guys had better not spend all your holiday time with your family.

Incenjucar on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    today was a good day

cute girl sent me boob pics on okc

phillies won

halladay pitched a no hitter

yankees came back and won

played some LoL

vented

started pokemon gamez

not a bad day

woke up real early

went to work

came home

cooked dinner

(leftover pasta with rappini and bacon)

had my hipster friend over

had a few drinks

spent some time with my lady

fucked around on the interforums

i guess it was okay

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2010

And what if 10 more emergency services personnel get hurt in the raging inferno that the fire has spread to because you're not putting it out when you got the first call?

They will be covered by the insurance because the fire department is required to put out the inferno.

I am not saying the rules were good. The rules in this case were manifestly bad. But to say it is the fault of the people at the scene because "GRAWAWAWAUGH fuck the rules" seems to me to be a childish knee-jerk reaction. The solution is to fix the rules, not to resolve not to have any.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, Least I Could Do made a The Cake Is A Lie joke in 2010.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited October 2010
    Cass is President of the Capitalization Club

MikeMan on
    edited October 2010

open the vent channel

don't you dare play LoL

ever

wat why
    all the shit you give me for playing starcraft 2

don't even start

i will jizz all over your face with such a force that you will receive a concussion

mikeman i don't LIKE the game

but it's free and everyone's playing it

you paid for and liked sc2

Organichu on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Mikeman, give us a new chat.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010
    Wow, Least I Could Do made a The Cake Is A Lie joke in 2010.

that webcomic that drez likes had some nerds finally hook up and then make a dorky pop-cultural reference

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.