As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A collaborative [chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch I guess you must find that picture pretty UNBEARABLE

AHAHHAHAHA
    AHHAHAHAHAHA

AAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

OH MAN

WHAT A FUNNY JOKE

OH PARDON ME FOR TOOTING MY OWN HORN

BUT OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS I AM LAUGHING SO HARD

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch I guess you must find that picture pretty UNBEARABLE

AHAHHAHAHA
    AHHAHAHAHAHA

AAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

OH MAN

WHAT A FUNNY JOKE

OH PARDON ME FOR TOOTING MY OWN HORN

BUT OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS I AM LAUGHING SO HARD

Your sense of humor is DISARMING

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    I want to be cremated

that way I can never come back as a zombie

I want to be cremated specifically because of this reason and because once when I was a kid I saw an episode of some Sci Fi show where a guy dies but death was just a state of consciousness but you don't breath, can't move, you just sit there and are.

Like the guy in Johnny Got his Gun or whatever.

Scares the shit out of me.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    that picture is horribilis-ly un-bear-able

Arch on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch I am doing gases now in chemistry and all of these equations suck!

HAHA GET IT.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    I want to be cremated

I want to be cremated specifically because of this reason and because once when I was a kid I saw an episode of some Sci Fi show where a guy dies but death was just a state of consciousness but you don't breath, can't move, you just sit there and are.

ugh fuck you sheep

Arch on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    twenty twenty twenty four hours to gooo

I wanna be cremated

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So why aren't there any vampire scientists in fiction*? Whenever someone becomes a vampire they enter lives of either intense aesthetic decadence or self-imposed exile. Most humans have to spend practically half their lives to achieve mastery of a single discipline. A few centuries-old polymaths could accelerate scientific advancement to an incredible rate.

*I think there was one in, like, Ultraviolet but his immortality wasn't a focus

Bama on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

I have a similar fear.

I try to calm myself by recalling the embalming process.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

that's silly, cremations are harmful to the environment

now let me tie a weight to you and throw your corpse in the ocean where it will rest at the bottom of the sea for ever and ever and ever

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Yao_Guai.png

aaaahhhhh kill it kill it *mine* *mine* *mine* *back up* *headshot* *headshot* *headshot*

ka-ching

Phew. Survived that one----aaaaaaugh!

*other yao-guai jumps out of the bushes and mauls me*

I found them a bit easier than those other fuckin things. That one city was completely overrun with them. Can't recall their name...

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    So why aren't there any vampire scientists in fiction*? Whenever someone becomes a vampire they enter lives of either intense aesthetic decadence or self-imposed exile. Most humans have to spend practically half their lives to achieve mastery of a single discipline. A few centuries-old polymaths could accelerate scientific advancement to an incredible rate.

read BlindSight

Arch on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    twenty twenty twenty four hours to gooo

I wanna be cremated

:lol:

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

There was a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode or something like that, a guy "dies" but is aware of everything, all the people talking about him, seeing his own autopsy, hearing his "friends" say how he was murdered.

Right at the end as they're about to cut his head open and he's freaking out he suddenly starts screaming and moving and it turns out it was a big practical joke played on him by his coroner friends, they injected him with a paralytic.

They all have a laugh and then he has an actual heart attack and dies except death is actually like that AND you can feel things which he realizes as they actually start to cut his skull open.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Also Daybreakers, there were tons of vampire scientists.

Winky on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I want to be cremated

ugh fuck you sheep

There was a Tales From the Crypt about this I think... with some ghouls thrown in as a bonus I think.

@arch: :^:

Galahad on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

HAHA GET IT.

come up with some better jokes or else

no pressure tho

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    how is nw vegas?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

There was a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode or something like that, a guy "dies" but is aware of everything, all the people talking about him, seeing his own autopsy, hearing his "friends" say how he was murdered.

Right at the end as they're about to cut his head open and he's freaking out he suddenly starts screaming and moving and it turns out it was a big practical joke played on him by his coroner friends, they injected him with a paralytic.

They all have a laugh and then he has an actual heart attack and dies except death is actually like that AND you can feel things which he realizes as they actually start to cut his skull open.

holy

shit

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Probably some in the Vampire Hunter D universe.

Really wish there were move films on that.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I found them a bit easier than those other fuckin things. That one city was completely overrun with them. Can't recall their name...

Deathclaws?

Yeah, deathclaws are harder. But I found them to be more easily avoidable. Yao Guai have sharper senses and roam the countryside. So I'd get jumped by a pair of yao guai pretty often.

I also played a sniper and deathclaws will just sit there and eat bullets if you're sniping from far enough away. Yao Guai will start pathing towards you.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

HAHA GET IT.

do you think you can moleify him with these bad jokes(!?)

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

Yeah. I think this is the one.

Thanks. I really wanted to relive that.

;)

Sheep on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

This made me really unhappy.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also I think Marvel Comics has a vampire scientist guy.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Deathclaws?

Yeah, deathclaws are harder. But I found them to be more easily avoidable. Yao Guai have sharper senses and roam the countryside. So I'd get jumped by a pair of yao guai pretty often.

I also played a sniper and deathclaws will just sit there and eat bullets if you're sniping from far enough away. Yao Guai will start pathing towards you.

Oh, yeah, that's right. Deathclaws were easy to avoid and you could kill a loner pretty easily. Otherwise, just stay the fuck away from that one town and you're okay. Random Yao Guai attacks were a constant fear for sure.

Sheep on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Deathclaws?

If you get the friend of animals perk, everything but Deathclaws will ignore you, and actually fight for you if you get attacked.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Hard to get any science done when your fucking everything that moves while the sun is down.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

holy

shit

Goddamn.
    I...
    Is cremation better now? Burning hurts..

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

For me it would just be that I'd rather keep a lower profile, if you did some super science other people might catch on that you are not dying like they are. Plus with ultra science comes the chance for easier methods to do you in.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    guys if you think you'll remain sensate after death shouldn't you be instructing your loved ones to at least prop you up in front of a tv or something rather than rushing headlong into the experience of having your body consumed by fire?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

For me it would just be that I'd rather keep a lower profile, if you did some super science other people might catch on that you are not dying like they are. Plus with ultra science comes the chance for easier methods to do you in.

I guess you could raise protoges to act as your proxy

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Shadowrun had a couple of them. They seemed to like to tinker with the virus that causes in hopes of creating super vampires.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm looking forward to New Vegas.

Feral on

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    scientists don't get orgies

and really what's the point of being a vampire if you don't even get that

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

That last part applies to humans just as much as vampires, if not more.

And yea, I was thinking more in the settings where vampires are more prevalent and/or their existence is known.

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

I guess you could raise protoges to act as your proxy

Risky, the more people who know your secret, the harder it is to keep.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Radiation wrote: »
    I want to be cremated

holy

shit

Goddamn.
    I...
    Is cremation better now? Burning hurts..

Rather that than untold years of boredom.

Sheep on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    guys if you think you'll remain sensate after death shouldn't you be instructing your loved ones to at least prop you up in front of a tv or something rather than rushing headlong into the experience of having your body consumed by fire?

I'm making the "prostitutes for the afterlife" fund right now

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I want to be cremated

Yeah. I think this is the one.

Thanks. I really wanted to relive that.

;)
    My favorite part was when they hung him on the meathook in the body cooler next to a bunch of other corpses.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.