As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] Lady Lux is Smilin' (giant ass patch has landed)

• Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    I now have most of my Galio rune page. I just wish the stupid -cooldown glyphs didn't cost 800.

Oh but they are oh-so-baws Arikado.

I have them on my Mordekaiser and it's so satisfying being able to spam abilities without any repercussions.

They are so amazing on characters that don't use mana (Akali/Kennen/Garen/Morde)

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    zen teach me jungle tryndamere

it seems really really fun

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Game designer talking about Ezreal(and Miss Fortune)

He just got two small ones in today's patch. And we are considering giving his AP build either a bit more utility, or a bit more sustained. That being said, all of the ideas we've implemented have fallen flat, and Ezreal isn't high on the priority scale right now (I would rather pay attention to champions like Urgot). That being said, I do not believe his AD build is underpowered at the moment. Simply that other AD champions (Miss Fortune) are closer to the OP side of the scale.

Edit: What I hope they do is make both options for Ezreal equally viable and good, sort of like Katarina. I'd hate to see him PUSHED into an AP role.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    zen teach me jungle tryndamere

it seems really really fun

get a lifesteal item.

max out Q

jungle.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

He just got two small ones in today's patch. And we are considering giving his AP build either a bit more utility, or a bit more sustained. That being said, all of the ideas we've implemented have fallen flat, and Ezreal isn't high on the priority scale right now (I would rather pay attention to champions like Urgot). That being said, I do not believe his AD build is underpowered at the moment. Simply that other AD champions (Miss Fortune) are closer to the OP side of the scale.

I'm still scared of a good Ezreal at mid. His poke game is still serious. And I'm happy to hear about that they're looking at Urgot. We'll probably see something after Irelia.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The new Teemo is definitely worse off. It's actually pretty amazing that they managed to screw this up. He's less fun to play because they made his poison even worse. So you can't go AD Teemo because they reduced his damage, and they are discouraging AP Teemo as well. I am not sure what the hell they are trying to do.

Tank Teemo is still strong but with the poison nerf he has a little bit of a harder time.

rts on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Why do so few people play Tristana? I love her to death. In all my games (200 or so), I've probably seen an opposing Tris half a dozen times.

I wonder this too, occasionally. I love Tristana. I've been taking a break playing her while I explore jungling characters and that part of the game. Tristanas, particularly good ones, are pretty rare.

If I had to critique Trist, she is not very ability focused. I have found that Trist rewards very basic play: almost zero usage of your abilities. She rewards good positioning, last hitting and harassment, but most of her abilities are so passive so you don't use many at all.

I've been branching a little out to other ranged carries as they've become free and it has been interesting comparing them. Most of these characters have a powerful passive ability that defines them just as Rapid Fire does. Ambush, Impure Shots, Bio-arcane barrage, etc, they're your basic carry abilities. Beyond that though they have other interesting abilities that are more engaging. Double up, Make it Rain, Expunge, Kog'maw's crazy vomit abilities (that describes everything come to think of it), they're all things you can do at a range, do safely, do constantly, use to harass, bail, fight, etc.

Trist has Rocket Jump (interesting and cool, if somewhat counter intuitive as an assault move), and explosive shot. I lay most the blame on Explosive shot. I have come to the opinion that it is just a bad ability. In most lanes it works passively against you, pushing you further into enemy territory as you last hit things, placing you in danger and near their tower. As an ability to fight champions it really sucks. Most players are too wise to be caught in collateral damage from last hits. The active has very poor range and little payoff. Trist is primarily a "mid" character and melee are far and few between there. The melee that are there are either very harassment resistant (Cho'goth, Morde), or will dive you at a hat's drop (Akali, Kass). The weak-ass dot will do nothing for you for either. Ranking up the ability for the active is silly. Most fights with Trist are not going to last beyond five seconds, let alone nine. It is also a huge mana hog if you level it up, for really pathetic damage returns.

It doesn't synergize with her long range at all and the passive has no point in any team fight or normal fight.

If explosive shot was something more engaging then I think people might play her more over the newer ranged carries. Additionally she doesn't fight the current meta-game too well. So that sucks too.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    VaLiantine wrote: »

I'm still scared of a good Ezreal at mid. His poke game is still serious. And I'm happy to hear about that they're looking at Urgot. We'll probably see something after Irelia.

I love Ezreal, I just get, well, annoyed, that his single target damage seems to be outweighed on the AD side by characters with more utility than he has, and AoE capability.

MF, Twitch, Katarina, etc,

MF: Has a massive AoE high dmg ultimate, and an inherent movement speed buff, as well as multiple non-skillshot damage abilities and the ability to reduce healing effects

Twitch: Posion, stealth

Katarina: Multiple target damage, flash-like-ability, high damage AoE ultimate scaling off of either AP or AD

I'm not saying AD Ezreal is bad, he's great, it just seems like he's overshadowed for no good reason by characters without skillshot abilities(and thus less chance for them to do nothing), equal or great amounts of utility(ala twitch), or greater AoE capabilities(all mentioned)

I love Ezreal, and think he's great, I just think either these other dudes need to be toned down slightly, or he needs to be tuned up just a tiny bit.

Just a tiny tiny bit.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are flat or per level MR glyphs better

I'm leaning towards per level, since you probably won't need a ton of MR early on and in the endgame it's close to having a free anti-magic cloak

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I love Ezreal, I just get, well, annoyed, that his single target damage seems to be outweighed on the AD side by characters with more utility than he has, and AoE capability.

MF, Twitch, Katarina, etc,

MF: Has a massive AoE high dmg ultimate, and an inherent movement speed buff, as well as multiple non-skillshot damage abilities and the ability to reduce healing effects

Twitch: Posion, stealth

Katarina: Multiple target damage, flash-like-ability, high damage AoE ultimate scaling off of either AP or AD

I'm not saying AD Ezreal is bad, he's great, it just seems like he's overshadowed for no good reason by characters without skillshot abilities(and thus less chance for them to do nothing), equal or great amounts of utility(ala twitch), or greater AoE capabilities(all mentioned)

I love Ezreal, and think he's great, I just think either these other dudes need to be toned down slightly, or he needs to be tuned up just a tiny bit.

Just a tiny tiny bit.

Dude I laugh when I lane against Twitch as EZreal.

Literally, I laugh out loud.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I laugh when I see Twitch without Flash and/or Ghost.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i've been taking flash lately

i feel so bad because its just so dumb

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Flash is seriously one of the best summoner spells. The utility you get from it is a far cry better than most of the other ones. I consider it a must on pretty much every carry and I can't think of a single hero that wouldn't benefit from using it. (Well maybe not Kassadin, but even then having even MORE teleporty goodness isn't bad.)

I've been running flash/teleport on Lux with some nice results. I was thinking about mixing it up with maybe flash/exhaust or flash/ghost instead but being able to respond to threats all over the map is hard to drop.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DryesiasDryesias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've gotten 4 quadra's today as Jax. I can feel it, he is going to pop my pentakill cherry.

Dryesias on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    redraptor wrote: »
    I just carried as free-sivir by farming up 500 creep kills having infinite money and selling my boots to stack more BF sword items. I tell ya she gets a bad rap. It was great ruining every enemy push by knocking off their whole creep wave. I had 400K damage dealth when the next highest player was like 150.

Sivir is a good ranged counter. I often have trouble with her when playing as Tristana, because her range with the bounce is greater than Tristana's. Yes, it does less damage, but over a few minutes that can add up.

If you stand to the side, the blades won't bounce to you.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dryesias wrote: »
    I've gotten 4 quadra's today as Jax. I can feel it, he is going to pop my pentakill cherry.

I've wanted to try the new Malady on Jax.

It seems like it would be hawsome.

Anyone know if they buffed Jax in the patch?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Check the patch notes you lazy bum

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

They did. It took me a while to get used to but you pretty much want to go for max Empower and not rely on the dodge-stun early on if you have Malady. Throw Exhaust on someone and go to town and spam Empower when it's up and shit gets crazy.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, Malady/Abyssal Sceptre Amumu is the superboss support character I thought he would be.

Try it out paired with Swain or AP Poppy!

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I actually couldn't find it on page 33 or whatever from here so I gave up.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

He got some major love.

His Empower has almost twice the damage now but is restricted to single target

His leap is 20% faster with 20% decrease in travel time as well

His counter attack also got a damage increase I believe.

His ult now has an Active that gives him MR 20/35/50 + his dodge% for 8 seconds on a 60 second cooldown.

So he not only has great dodge, but can tank Magic attack in a pinch and tank them well.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Flash is seriously one of the best summoner spells. The utility you get from it is a far cry better than most of the other ones. I consider it a must on pretty much every carry and I can't think of a single hero that wouldn't benefit from using it. (Well maybe not Kassadin, but even then having even MORE teleporty goodness isn't bad.)

I've been running flash/teleport on Lux with some nice results. I was thinking about mixing it up with maybe flash/exhaust or flash/ghost instead but being able to respond to threats all over the map is hard to drop.

I've been running Flash / Ghost with Lux and it's really nice. Two escape abilities that can also be used as gank abilities because she has a root. It's very, very good.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited October 2010

He got some major love.

His Empower has almost twice the damage now but is restricted to single target

His leap is 20% faster with 20% decrease in travel time as well

His counter attack also got a damage increase I believe.

His ult now has an Active that gives him MR 20/35/50 + his dodge% for 8 seconds on a 60 second cooldown.

So he not only has great dodge, but can tank Magic attack in a pinch and tank them well.

holy fucking shit im going to bust a nut and use PAX Jax like errday now.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I'm leaning towards per level, since you probably won't need a ton of MR early on and in the endgame it's close to having a free anti-magic cloak

I'd go with flat Magic resist, because a LOT(me+every magic using character) run flat magic penetration runes, so the more you have early on, the more protection you have versus their penetration.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I've been running Flash / Ghost with Lux and it's really nice. Two escape abilities that can also be used as gank abilities because she has a root. It's very, very good.

i know, i just feel like such a fucking weiner taking it though

because for the past few months i've been hating on flash so hard, not because it isn't good, but because it is just like... welp you made the worst mistake ever, but got away because trololol flash

these people should be my first blood 90% of the time

"heh i can take this guy one on one" *realizes they can't* "fuck it i'll flash away!!!! HEH"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    they made flash for people like me.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

because for the past few months i've been hating on flash so hard, not because it isn't good, but because it is just like... welp you made the worst mistake ever, but got away because trololol flash

"heh i can take this guy one on one" *realizes they can't* "fuck it i'll flash away!!!! HEH"

The best thing about flash though is if you're good you can counter flash after their flash and kill them anyways :)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The best thing about flash though is if you're good you can counter flash after their flash and kill them anyways :)

this would be true if it didn't pop projectiles and change their position for skillshots that are already in motion

works on autoattack champs though that can flash to catch up to them and then get that last hit in

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

^^^^^^
    ^

^

^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The best is when you pull this off AND have exhausted the opponent.

They go from HEH to O_O duhhhhhhhhh what just happened?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love flash sooooo much

like an ungodly amount

i have been known to take flash on characters with a flash ability

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I love flash sooooo much

like an ungodly amount

i have been known to take flash on characters with a flash ability

You also have been known to not play this damn game with me yet lust-re.

This is not acceptable.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

this would be true if it didn't pop projectiles and change their position for skillshots that are already in motion

works on autoattack champs though that can flash to catch up to them and then get that last hit in

Well yeah it depends a lot on who you are up against. But for example: Playing against Benito the other day he would ult in as fiddles. I would flash out, he would then flash to me and fear me as Lux. He managed to kill me twice doing that. It was pretty darned effective.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I'd go with flat Magic resist, because a LOT(me+every magic using character) run flat magic penetration runes, so the more you have early on, the more protection you have versus their penetration.

A fair point.

Personally I'd stick with the scaling. Most of the time shit gets real at level 6 when tibbers bombs and shit come into play and ganks/killing start happening. By that time your per level runes are at about 60% strength, I think the payoff is worth it.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah, I bookmarked Zen's posting of it after searching for it for the second or third time. Riot sure did change a lot.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=16985562&postcount=807

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Well yeah it depends a lot on who you are up against. But for example: Playing against Benito the other day he would ult in as fiddles. I would flash out, he would then flash to me and fear me as Lux. He managed to kill me twice doing that. It was pretty darned effective.

Oh well, yea that is like textbook fiddle.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yeah, depends completely on the character

i'd say 70% of my rage at flash is people making dumb mistakes and getting away, and the other 30% is me playing veigar and going "FUCK MY ULT WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM FLASH POPPED IT WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dizzen wrote: »

Yeah, I bookmarked Zen's posting of it after searching for it for the second or third time. Riot sure did change a lot.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=16985562&postcount=807

thank you very much for linking this kind sir.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndDcyU2FaTjJMcS1xWHU0SktOQmNuelE&hl=en&authkey=CMezjbwM

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM me or AIM me.

Edit - Put this in the OP or I'll have violent intercourse with the most cherished person in your life.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndDcyU2FaTjJMcS1xWHU0SktOQmNuelE&hl=en&authkey=CMezjbwM

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM me or AIM me.

Edit - Put this in the OP or I'll have violent intercourse with the most cherished person in your life.

Not much of a threat to me since you're my most cherished internet person

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh this will be a good thing

Endomatic on