As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is it okay to eat candy off the floor

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have personally served stuff that has been on the floor because my boss straight up said

throw it on the grill for a few seconds and put it on the plate

PiptheFair on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I eat shit off the floor all the time. Usually my own home though and I just dropped it.

Mostly dry things.

it's a widely believed fact that wet things get germs faster than dry things

not so much germs as dust forming some saucy kind of food-mud

mensch-o-matic on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    meatloaf?? ahhh put it in the pizzzzaaa

ack on
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No but for real. That shit happens a lot. The one restaurant I worked at was pretty posh little place and the chef had high standards.

But I found out that when the dish washer was bringing in like twenty pounds of beef she tripped and it went all over the floor. She picked it up, wrapped them and put them in the fridge.

I would say it is an even better reflection of chain restaurants where the cooking staff is more likely to be 20-30 years old with no real culinary training. (I was one of those people)

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

i

i never actually believed that rule was something that should actually be followed in a casual situation or otherwsie

D:

I love that movie because it is literally what goes on in every restaurant

But Pip!! Noooo!

The ServSafe Certification test said....

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you are eating candy which is bad for you so no matter how much time on the floor it spends its gonna rot your teeth anyway

also when I worked as a linecook i used to drop chicken wings on the floor all the time
    no problem just sauce them again and serve

Franko on
    edited October 2010
    wow working in a restaurant sounds REALLY INTERSTING

ack on
    edited October 2010
    ack wrote: »
    wow working in a restaurant sounds REALLY DISGUSTING AND MAKES YOU WANNA NOT EAT OUT.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Stale wrote: »

i

i never actually believed that rule was something that should actually be followed in a casual situation or otherwsie

D:

I love that movie because it is literally what goes on in every restaurant

But Pip!! Noooo!

The ServSafe Certification test said....

our servsafe professor even said

"This is what the rules are, your chef will tell you to violate them at every corner. If you want to keep a job, you will listen to them."

PiptheFair on
    edited October 2010
    eat butss for dinner

ack on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Out of sight, out of mind.

If I don't see gross stuff happen to my food, it doesn't make it taste funny, and doesn't make me sick, it may as well have not happened.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    Out of sight, out of mind.

If I don't see gross stuff happen to my food, it doesn't make it taste funny, and doesn't make me sick, it may as well have not happened.

Yeah but I also can't have that thought in the back of my mind, either.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nooo now I will become even more of a fussy eater.

Liiya on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was eating a big ass burrito from a Mexican joint a couple months or so ago and ended up with a sewing needle in my mouth. It didn't prick me and I didn't swallow it. I took it out and laid it on the plate. Finished my burrito and gave the needle to the waitress and told her to give it back to the cook.

I still eat there every couple weeks.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ugh fussy eaters are so annoying.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

yeah i was talking with some of my coworkers, they are so fussy, there are so many things they don't like (which is weird, i like everything)
    like drinking milk is apparently weird
    and one of them doesn't like "ethnic" food

wtf people

also, you want to know what really might make you want to not eat out
    my friend's just right now is as a health inspector, he just started a month ago
    he hates it except for the occasional excitement of shutting a place down
    but he sees so many cockroaches EVERYWHERE
    and such terrible food handling

and his stories scare me

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited October 2010
    Milk is awesome.

They are the weird ones.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My last job was especially disgusting. I'm talking grease bubbling up through a pipe in the floor gross.

I'm talking unidentified (but probably chicken) objects clogging an ice bin. I'm talking chili being scooped off a floor and reused.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited October 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I was eating a big ass burrito from a Mexican joint a couple months or so ago and ended up with a sewing needle in my mouth. It didn't prick me and I didn't swallow it. I took it out and laid it on the plate. Finished my burrito and gave the needle to the waitress and told her to give it back to the cook.

a fucking sewing needle?

I don't even

PiptheFair on
    edited October 2010
    My last job was especially disgusting. I'm talking grease bubbling up through a pipe in the floor gross.

I'm talking unidentified (but probably chicken) objects clogging an ice bin. I'm talking chili being scooped off a floor and reused.

jesus christ dude

the health inspector would've had a heart attack

PiptheFair on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A temp job my wife had sent an e-mail around asking people to "please not eat ethnic food at your desk during your lunch break, the smell is bothering your co-workers."

Peen on
  • HoovesHooves Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    once I was working an outdoor wedding. we had to drive all the supplies up from the hotel. while we were unloading literally all the silverware fell off the cart and onto the dirt road. thankfully the head chef was there and was like 'well better pick it all up before anyone sees.'

Hooves on
    edited October 2010

Well it depends on what you class as fussy, I'm not great with spicy stuff, and I prefer the meat in meals to be good quality, and vegetables not to be boiled within an inch of their life.

Maybe that's fussy, I dunno.

Liiya on
    edited October 2010
    thats literally how every fussy eater sounds

ack on
    edited October 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »

a fucking sewing needle?

I don't even

I didn't understand it either. By then I had some nice grub in my stomach and was too content to make a fuss. Haven't experienced anything like that there before or since.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited October 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

Well it depends on what you class as fussy, I'm not great with spicy stuff, and I prefer the meat in meals to be good quality, and vegetables not to be boiled within an inch of their life.

you have got to get out of england dear

PiptheFair on
    edited October 2010

I never minded fussy eaters as a server/cook as long as they recognized they were fussy and tipped accordingly.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
    edited October 2010
    well maybe it's FUSSY to not eat anything colored red ever

if that's FUSSY, i guess i'm fussy

ack on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    one of my friends is picky about the source and quality of her food

which is fine i suppose, that's not weird like my coworkers and the weird things they actively dislike

i will eat anything though

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

jesus christ dude

the health inspector would've had a heart attack

I honestly don't know how they haven't been closed down. I personally witnessed two of those things I mentioned before happening. ORANGE GREASE SHOULD NOT BE ERUPTING FROM OUR FLOOR BOSS

Another fun one was when the dish machine backed up and dishwater flooded the back. It was coming out of the floor.

They didn't close the restaurant, for the record.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Not really. I'm talking about people who just refuse to eat certain things and won't shut up and stop complaining about it.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited October 2010

Yeah, I was going to say, minus the spice comment that just sounds like you want good food.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
    edited October 2010

I need a holiday! Haha, can't abide cooking like that.

Liiya on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    anyone who doesn't like milk can go die

that includes you asia

Franko on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    who wants to talk about the fact that every 40 year old white woman has suddenly decided that she and usually her two blond kids are all gluten intolerant because lol

this actually makes my summer kitchen job significantly harder, too

redhead on
    edited October 2010
    I actually think that place was built on top of a native american burial ground

Clint Eastwood on
    edited October 2010
    Oh man I work in the bar in a hotel. A couple weeks ago the septic tanked backed up into the showers in the basement. The floor was literally covered in 6 inches of shit. You could smell fecal matter all throughout the hotel. The absurd part was not that we didn't even close the restaraunt or the bar but that people actually stayed and ate.

Hooves on
    edited October 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    who wants to talk about the fact that every 40 year old white woman has suddenly decided that she and usually her two blond kids are all gluten intolerant because lol

Because they're white and blonde...? Why would they think that?

Liiya on
    edited October 2010
    I'm just too happy to have a meal to complain about things.

Remembering times where I went days without food puts things into perspective for me.

Not that I eat a lot nowadays. My appetite has been funny lately. I did make some nice fried chicken the other night. Leftovers of that are going to run out today.

That said I am more than willing to try something out no matter how strange it may seem.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited October 2010
    redhead wrote: »

Because they're white and blonde...? Why would they think that?

because the health food industry has a vested interest in convincing everyone that they are gluten intolerant

Hooves on