As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

1555657585961»

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Probably a marketing gimmick. Kind of like how She-Hulk has the Incredible Hulk logo on hers.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ah, here was the place I saw it from. Exact same line-up, except the Marvel side is a bit deeper in that thread if you care to wade through the crap that is GameFaq.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would actually be happy with a roster like that, despite zero being on it again and me being sick of him from TvC.

I always used shuma gorath in mvc2, so I'd be pumped if he were back.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bendis works pretty close with game partners, so I can totally see him going "You guys should have Spider-Woman!" and then Capcom going, "Yes, right away, Bendis-san," because corporate Japanese always seem to do what they're told.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ah, here was the place I saw it from. Exact same line-up, except the Marvel side is a bit deeper in that thread if you care to wade through the crap that is GameFaq.

Well, I guess we will know if its real or not once we see if they do start announcing them once a week in November like that claims.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Skab wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

You've made your sale.

Jesus christ get over it already man.

Also, whos top mid on the capcom side there? Zed something or other it looks like, but i cant make it out.

Red Arremer.

Ahh, thank you.

AWESOME! Assuming they call him Firebrand in America, and assuming the rumor's true in the first place.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ms. Marvel has a spot on my team (and in my heart). I'm hoping that list isn't bullshit.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's a couple really awesome songs on the OST like Arthur's (easily the best), but the vast majority of them are really fucking bad. I've got the feeling I'll be playing MVC3 with the music turned off.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I usually never notice the music in fighting games. Notable exceptions are character select themes, which are always the best, MvC2, SFIII, etc.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There might be an option to have the BGM just be I Wanna Take You For A Ride, for every stage no matter what character.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    There might be an option to have the BGM just be I Wanna Take You For A Ride, for every stage no matter what character.

Will there also be an alternate "Curly Moustache" announcer option?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There really should be an option to have Yipes be your announcer.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There was a rumor going around that Stephen Colbert and some guy named Famous would end up on the roster. If it turns out to be true, you heard it here first.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's a pretty cheesy version of Firebrand. Of course, it's a boss fight, so that's a given. I would prefer a moveset based on his own games. You know, through stunning Claw blobs around, maybe hit people with tornadoes, turn into his Earth form for a charge attack, supers based on his final breath attack and form, that sort of thing.

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ms. Marvel has a spot on my team (and in my heart). I'm hoping that list isn't bullshit.

Last I checked Marvel's still pushing the current version of Ms. Marvel pretty hard, so it's not out of the question.
    There was a rumor going around that Stephen Colbert and some guy named Famous would end up on the roster. If it turns out to be true, you heard it here first.

As weird as that could be, Marvel loves Colbert. They had him seriously running for president in the Marvel universe, and he nearly beat Obama. And Colbert has Captain America's shield on his set.

Besides, something like this happened before in the Japanese version of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Japanese-exclusive character

* Norimaro: An original character created and owned by Japanese comedian Noritake Kinashi who represents neither Marvel nor Capcom. He appears as a regular character only in the Japanese arcade and console versions of the game, but was removed in all the overseas versions. He portrays a nerdish, cowardly schoolboy-type guy armed with a camera; who throws common school items, mini-Gouki dolls, and plushies as projectiles; and would attempt to ask for his opponent's autograph mid-battle (can be seen when the player presses the START button during a match). He uses the comical "Ultra Variety Private Memories" Super attack, which has him throwing a massive amount of school supplies and other objects.

Yeah, Colbert would be pretty damn awesome.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also uh, now that I'm done getting excited over nothing... :P

Who's more powerful, Dr. Doom or Magneto?

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Wouldn't Magneto be able to crush Dr. Doom's face with a thought? Given all the metal-themed heroes that are in the Marvel Universe, Magneto always struck me as being a bit unbalanced. Iron Man? Dead in a second. Wolverine? Hope you don't need your skeleton! And that goes for these Versus Capcom games, too. In theory, guys like Megaman, Arthur, and Bionic Commando would be doomed as soon as he uses his "complete control of metal" special move. Well, okay, Arthur might be okay if he already lost his armor and restricts his attacks to torches, I guess.

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Wouldn't Magneto be able to crush Dr. Doom's face with a thought?

Not necessarily. He's got ways around that.

[img]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom Inventions/DoomArmor27-MagneticPolaritySVTU14.jpg[/img]

DoomArmor41-MagneticPolarityXmenAnn.jpg
    Iron Man? Dead in a second.

902199-0_iron_super.jpg
    Wolverine?

Doesn't have quite as much knowledge with tech or magic as the other two, so yeah, he loses. But because it's a fighting game, they ignore that and say Wolverine can beat him up one-on-one if his player's good enough.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I thought adamantium was magneto proof

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I thought adamantium was magneto proof

might wanna ask wolverine about that...
    FatalAttractions00.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Has it been revealed where in Atlanta the Fight Club is going to be? I starting to worry if it's been canceled :(

EDIT: And I love how the yellow box says Logan isn't screaming, yet he looks like he's screaming bloody murder (as he should).

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Comic book logic is the best

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There really should be an option to have Yipes be your announcer.

If a game ever had Yipes or Chris Hu as an announcer, I would pre-order it ASAP.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If they had gene from Godhand in this i would poopoo my pantsu

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Don't know why they left out some games like that, I guess Godhand didn't do quite as hot as VJ/DMC/Okami, and doesn't have the nostalgia value of Bionic Commando or GnG.

I mean, at least they actually came up with the whole deal about the Objection! super for why Phoenix Wright isn't in there.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I figured everyone but Wolverine would have some convenient excuse on the subject. But, you know, in theory...And the Megaman Universe is still pretty universally hosed.

And thanks to the last page, the playable Colbert concept when from insane to intriguing. What would his move set be like? Summoning eagles as projectiles? Using weapons from that cartoon series he had? Maybe hitting people with the On Notice board? Would one of his supers summon Stewart? Oh, the Word should comment on the fight. And then Deadpool can comment on the Word commenting on the fight!

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I doubt he's in. I have an easier time seeing Howard the Duck, Stan Lee, Squirrel Girl, and Galacta all in the roster than picturing Colbert in the game. Norimaro's precedent? Still don't see it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I really dislike that leaked list.

I don't want Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel, they have too similar a fighting style. Both rely on projectile based energy type attacks, both are pretty quick and they're just all around way too similar. Actually, Ms. Marvel would be a perfect excuse to ditch both She-Hulk AND Spider-Woman, as she's got the best of both of them.

And I also think - even though they will play totally different - that they hopefully wouldn't do She-Hulk, Hulk, Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. The whole thing just sounds too much like Wolverine, Bone Claw Wolverine.

And I really, really don't want any more Shuma Gorath.

Storm I never liked, but I've just accepted she's going to be in the game because of her dominance last game. Personally, if we're going to try and keep the franchises even I'd like to see another one of Captain America's buddies on the team - a non-Avenger. Find a good way to use Namor! Or Falcon.

I also don't like Thanos. Swap out slow as hell, bubble throwing Thanos for RED SKULL. Give him the cosmic cube and you've got a pretty powerful dude...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow