As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel vs Capcom - The Fate of Two Worlds - God Killing and Move Stealing.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    The only Howard-related comics I've read were some of the She-Hulk books where some guy gets transported to Howard's homeworld.

Basically unless it's his numbered Series or the max one you're better off not reading it.

And as a Rule She-Hulk Comics are never good unless Dan Slott writes them

He was one of the writers on this one.

ktoln.jpg
    awoo.jpg

Ah I wasn't aware of that. I'm about 5 years behind on trades.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    Am I the only person that likes playing with Shuma-Gorath?

You're not alone.
    I loved that horrifying ball of tentacles.

Of course, I sucked no matter who I used.

see317 on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    sdsw.jpg

Fun times.

SabreMau on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    300px-Daydreamers_Vol_1_2.jpg

This series was fantastic. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Back when Generation X was amazing. I remember coming back after I'd stopped collecting it to find out Chamber had become a male model or something. Ugh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited October 2010
    Yup, and now all the Gen Xers are gone other than M and Husk. (Unless you want to count Apocalypse Jr)

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Guess I need more comic books.

blaze_zero on
    edited October 2010
    I remember seeing the Generation X made-for-TV movie with Matt Frewer back in '96.

It was kinda low-budget.

SabreMau on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    see317 wrote: »

You're not alone.

I was great with him. I thought he was a decent under used character. He had an air throw that absorbed life from his opponent and his Mystic Slash move could be used in mid-air. The Mystic Stare was great for pressuring people into attacking you. Chaos Dimension did a ton of damage (even though it used up 3 super bars).

I had a lot of fun smacking people around with him, Jin, and Tron.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    see317 wrote: »

You're not alone.

I was great with him. I thought he was a decent under used character. He had an air throw that absorbed life from his opponent and his Mystic Slash move could be used in mid-air. The Mystic Stare was great for pressuring people into attacking you. Chaos Dimension did a ton of damage (even though it used up 3 super bars).

I had a lot of fun smacking people around with him, Jin, and Tron.

You must be my clone or something. Swap tron for blackheart and that's my team too.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Radius wrote: »
    Howard the Duck's alt costumes should be Darkwing Duck, Donald Duck, and Maui Mallard as Cold Shadow

YOU JERK. Now all I can think about is Darkwing Duck should be in the game.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Howard the Duck's alt costumes should be Darkwing Duck, Donald Duck, and Maui Mallard as Cold Shadow

And now all I can think about is how your sig-image character should be in the game. No, not the Punisher (though in retrospect I'm AMAZED that he hasn't shown up in one of these fighting games yet.) At least one of the Runaways could be nice. Haven't they been trying to get a movie made as well for them?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If for some reason Stephen Colbert does make it into the game.

This has to be his victory animation:

fbcq4j.jpg

Ross_C on
    edited October 2010
    I keep thinking that's Bob Saget.

SabreMau on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, I'm glad my parents got a saudi bootleg version of the movie, that meant I got all the laser action and none of the bedroom action.

RE:Colbert

If you beat him, he needs to sit up and do the fist with DANTEEEEEE! SHE-HULLLLLLLK! ARTHURRRRR!

OOOH! He enters the stage like Thor, dropping down with the American flag.

RoyceSraphim on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, if Colbert makes it in, I think he should just be an alt costume for Captain America.

Only when he tags in the other characters should call him Mr. President

Oh, and I got this a little while ago.

SpecialFX328.jpg

That one's going in the permanent collection.

Taramoor on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

And now all I can think about is how your sig-image character should be in the game. No, not the Punisher (though in retrospect I'm AMAZED that he hasn't shown up in one of these fighting games yet.) At least one of the Runaways could be nice. Haven't they been trying to get a movie made as well for them?

The Movie has been delayed indefinitely, so boo to that. Molly would be amazing as a character, but there's no way that's ever going to happen, ever ever ever, so I'm not even the littlest bit hopeful for it.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    300px-Daydreamers_Vol_1_2.jpg

This series was fantastic. :D

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Is that Howard hanging around with Franklin Richards, Artie, Leech and Man-Thing?

Why did I not know about this series?!?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited October 2010
    Yup, that's what it is Cloud.

It was when Howard helped Franklin, Artie, and Leech escape during (if I remember correctly) the Operation: Zero Tolerance story. Man-Thing uses the nexus to help them escape, and it's all about them trying to survive while Howard feels like a glorified babysitter.

It was a fantastic and hilarious mini series. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

The Movie has been delayed indefinitely, so boo to that. Molly would be amazing as a character, but there's no way that's ever going to happen, ever ever ever, so I'm not even the littlest bit hopeful for it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/23/scoop-runaways-movie-on-for-2012/

Furu on
    edited October 2010
    Also the interesting thing about the leaked list is that it doesn't have a single deconfirmed thing on it, even stuff that was deconfirmed after the guy posted it, thus making it significantly more legit seeming than the others, at least.

Furu on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ross_C wrote: »
    If for some reason Stephen Colbert does make it into the game.

This has to be his victory animation:

fbcq4j.jpg

Someone should just make a big tv show host fighting game.

Stephen Colbert, Drew Carey, Jon Stewart, Rachel Maddow, Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann, and so on.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited October 2010

It was when Howard helped Franklin, Artie, and Leech escape during (if I remember correctly) the Operation: Zero Tolerance story. Man-Thing uses the nexus to help them escape, and it's all about them trying to survive while Howard feels like a glorified babysitter.

That sounds awesome. I've gotta track that down. Is there a trade paperback of that out yet? (Yeah yeah, I'm part of the problem, etc.)

cloudeagle on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would pay 60 dollars to beat the shit out of Bill O'Rielly and Tucker Carlson.

Video Game or otherwise.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

That sounds awesome. I've gotta track that down. Is there a trade paperback of that out yet? (Yeah yeah, I'm part of the problem, etc.)

No trade as far as I know...you may have to try and buy the issues seperately from Milehigh comics or ebay. They shouldn't be too expensive.

It's worth it, the story is strange, humerous, and quite a bit trippy.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited October 2010
    Sounds right up my alley.

If nothing else, the fact that Howard keeps popping up in recent comics (I think he was a main character in the latest Marvel Zombies) makes it that much more possible Marvel will push for him to be in the game. That's the main reason Super Skrull made it now, after years of relative low-tier status, after all.

cloudeagle on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Also the interesting thing about the leaked list is that it doesn't have a single deconfirmed thing on it, even stuff that was deconfirmed after the guy posted it, thus making it significantly more legit seeming than the others, at least.

Though it does beg the question: why would a Capcom internal roster list only have headshots for the characters that were already confirmed to the public, and not for the rest? It's not like Capcom hasn't had official art for every character for months now.

gtrmp on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved Generation X (its a shame most of them are dead or so far from what they were, because I'd have loved to see Penance - the ORIGINAL Gen X version - or Chamber in MvC3), and that mini series was fantastic.

Generation X was just the best comic until issue 50. Thats how long I stuck with it. The fact that artie, leech and franklin lived in a tree house on the grounds was always a great source for either comic relief or really well done heartwarming moments.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited October 2010
    Mondo. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That roster does seem pretty crazy imbalanced. Spider-Woman? Two Dr. Strange villains? That red thing from Ghosts and Goblins?

Then again all of the Marvel vs. Capcoms have been crazy imbalanced. Check out the roster for Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter:

Marvel Capcom
    Blackheart Akuma (Gouki in Japan)
    Captain America Chun-Li
    Cyclops Dan
    Hulk Dhalsim
    Omega Red Ken
    Shuma-Gorath M. Bison (Vega in Japan)
    Spider-Man Ryu
    Wolverine Sakura
    Zangief

I mean, you only have eight Marvel slots with thousands of potential characters to choose from, and you lard it up with Omega Red, Shuma-Gorath and Blackheart?

Edit: And I'm all about Howard the Duck.

Hey...Shuma Gorath is king. I couldnt tell you a single book he was in (and i have read marvel for almost 30 years) but i rocked with him in marvel superheroes .

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't get why we'll never see Runaways characters. It just seems to me, that they should be in all the marvel games, but they haven't been. : (

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
    edited October 2010
    gtrmp wrote: »

Though it does beg the question: why would a Capcom internal roster list only have headshots for the characters that were already confirmed to the public, and not for the rest? It's not like Capcom hasn't had official art for every character for months now.

Likely because its a fake based on the original posts made. It probably has nothing to do with the guy leaking stuff. It doesn't make what he said more or less valid. It's completely unconnected, and before anyone asks yes it is completely fake because Spider-Woman has the Spider-Man logo, something only a person unfamiliar with the character would do.
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I don't get why we'll never see Runaways characters. It just seems to me, that they should be in all the marvel games, but they haven't been. : (

Runaways is the definition of a "cult hit". It has a very vocal and loyal fanbase and critical acclaim but the sales have never been there.

Furu on
    edited October 2010
    Yea, having Spider-Woman there with SM logo is very much a dead giveaway that it's fake.

I still hope we get Howard. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well we might actually be getting one of the good Spider-Woman characters that's actually somewhat connected to Spider-Man, and not the flying, psychic secret agent.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Well we might actually be getting one of the good Spider-Woman characters that's actually somewhat connected to Spider-Man, and not the flying, psychic secret agent.

You mean like this one?

Evil Weevil on
    edited October 2010
    Spider-Girl, maybe? The new one that has an eponymous comic title coming out next month?

SabreMau on
    edited October 2010
    Hm. Which Spider-Woman is Marvel currently pushing? The flying secret agent Spider-Woman was the most recent active one according to Wikipedia.

Then again (if the list is real) Marvel may have chosen to lump her into a banner that would be the most recognizable and user-friendly. Kind of like they did with MODOK... he's been the heavy to lots of heroes, but they had to pick just one banner.

cloudeagle on
    edited October 2010
    We have told you there is going to be a Fight Club this week. We have told you its going to be in Atlanta. We have already told you too much but we like breaking the rules so now here's the venue! 585 Wells St. SW will be the place to be this Thursday night if you live in or around Atlanta and want to get your hands on the latest demo of MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3.

We will also have live streaming, food, drinks, tournaments and gift bags for the first 400 guests so come early! Rest assured we will also have bulked up security so that we can keep the line and crowds as organized as possible. As usual, it will be first come, first serve, so come early and expect a wait. BUT we promise, it will be worth the line as you will be some of the first to play the latest demo! S-kill will also be there along with yours truly and a gang of our awesome marketing folks so come hang out with us! See you all there!

SabreMau on
    edited October 2010
    Spider-Girl, maybe? The new one that has an eponymous comic title coming out next month?

Maybe? But I'm pretty sure the guy would say Spider-Girl if it was Spider-Girl.
    Hm. Which Spider-Woman is Marvel currently pushing? The flying secret agent Spider-Woman was the most recent active one according to Wikipedia.

She is the only Spider-Woman right now, with Mattie Franklin dead and Julia Carpenter Madame Web

Furu on
    edited October 2010
    She is the only Spider-Woman right now, with Mattie Franklin dead and Julia Carpenter Madame Web

Wait, Madame Web? When did that happen? Hopefully they're not going back to the "animal totem" garbage.

cloudeagle on