As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Organizational Relationship Plotting Software?

DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for something similar to what you'll find on the website muckety.com, but hostable on my own machine(s) and customizable. I see that muckety offers their program and database for rental, but I thought I'd see if there was either a more free option, or more elegant alternatives.

Basically, any software that allows you to visually plot and track interpersonal relationships between organization figures.

Thanks!

What is this I don't even.
Darkewolfe on

• Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Visio? Org Chart is build in for organization hierarchies, and you can modify the basic flow chart stuff to describe any set of relationships you have. What form is your data in?

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've used visio. Check out what muckety actually does to get a feel for what I'm talking about. It allows you to dynamically generate graphics that are similar to what visio can plot, but it's interactive. You can add or remove relationship factors and groups as you go while brainstorming, which is the goal.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i always look at sourceforge for things like this. you have the keywords for search its just a matter of finding something. sorry i don't know of something specific to help you out.

Pailryder on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    UMLet would be pretty good.

Not really the intended purpose, but you can make diagrams essentially identical to what you create on muckety.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I will check out UMLet and poke around on sourceforge, thanks.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I use dia and it's good and free. Also has (some) compatibility with visio(keyword some).
    http://projects.gnome.org/dia/

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just started learning Graphviz for a class, and it might be what you're looking for.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg