As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You Startled the [Chat]!

1474849505153»

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Hooray for helping friends move while being badly Hungover

Every friend needs their drawer full of Kalkino vomit.

Agreed

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Insomnia is kind of a serious problem. Lack of sleep can lead to other general health problems as well as poor quality of life overall.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Well, uh, yeah, that said, 9/10 times I'm dealing with random bullshit like head-colds and shit and I'm only an EMT-I.

Actually I think "trouble sleeping" is probably the most common complaint I deal with. No, wait, colds are. Then trouble sleeping.

What seriously?

Cause like I had incredibly terrible food poisoning for a couple of days and eventually got my flat mate to call 999. They asked me some questions and were then like "yeah, no, we're not sending anyone - just drink some fluid replacement stuff and wait it out okay?"

If someone called saying they couldn't sleep I bet they'd just laugh.

Well like I said if I worked in a normal EMS at my certification level my response to that sort of thing would probably be to say "Not my job" and leave. But I'm a platoon medic in the army. I am literally the highest echelon of healthcare here.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Quid, i have no idea how to fit a dragon in a dungeon.

Aldo on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, uh, yeah, that said, 9/10 times I'm dealing with random bullshit like head-colds and shit and I'm only an EMT-I.

Actually I think "trouble sleeping" is probably the most common complaint I deal with. No, wait, colds are. Then trouble sleeping.

What seriously?

Cause like I had incredibly terrible food poisoning for a couple of days and eventually got my flat mate to call 999. They asked me some questions and were then like "yeah, no, we're not sending anyone - just drink some fluid replacement stuff and wait it out okay?"

Well like I said if I worked in a normal EMS at my certification level my response to that sort of thing would probably be to say "Not my job" and leave. But I'm a platoon medic in the army. I am literally the highest echelon of healthcare here.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the telephone person asked me the question - not paramedics that arrived.

They never sent anyone because my complaint was too ridiculous.

I dunno how army medicine works but I'm assuming everyone there should be fairly young and fit so I'd probably just laugh if people whinged about stupid shit. Though psych issues would be fairly important to highlight.

Daxon on
    edited October 2010
    Aldo wrote: »

Duh, you carry it piece by piece and then put it together inside.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Insomnia is kind of a serious problem. Lack of sleep can lead to other general health problems as well as poor quality of life overall.

Well, yeah. But it remains something you go see your GP about - you don't bother a hospital with it.

Reason I don't want to be GP..

Daxon on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Duh, you carry it piece by piece and then put it together inside.

You put it in there when it's still small and let it grow.

Starcross on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Well, yeah. But it remains something you go see your GP about - you don't bother a hospital with it.

Reason I don't want to be GP..

Oh. I thought you guys were still talking about GP.

I'm tired so ignore me.

Continue with your discussion.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010

What seriously?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the telephone person asked me the question - not paramedics that arrived.

They never sent anyone because my complaint was too ridiculous.

I dunno how army medicine works but I'm assuming everyone there should be fairly young and fit so I'd probably just laugh if people whinged about stupid shit. Though psych issues would be fairly important to highlight.

That's usually what I do. Sometimes I hand out tubes of vagisil.

The closest thing to "psych issues" is usually having trouble sleeping. Not really anything to do about that except maybe chemical sleeping aids. For actual psych stuff (We've had one person experience flashbacks and disorientation and resulting freakouts) there's a combat stress team that we can take them to to talk to but that's all they do.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    British or Near European types, go post in the UK meet up planning thread!

Kalkino on
    edited October 2010
    I'd love to come, but I really can't promise anything at all.

Aldo on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Get some dwarves to build a hall inside of a mountain.

Dwarves love making everything dragon-sized.

James on
    edited October 2010

Fair enough. Just keep on eye on the plans and if you can come, so much the better

Kalkino on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010

I had a friend get taken in for observation after not being able to sleep for three days.

Echo on
    edited October 2010

Fair enough. Just keep on eye on the plans and if you can come, so much the better

Certainly.

I've got my fingers crossed I'll find a steady job soon, living with my parental units looking for jobs every day is making it rather difficult for me to plan anything at all.

Aldo on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there some way to punk out Google mobile sync and make it connect to Outlook?

electricitylikesme on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently last night my high school football team advanced to the playoffs in a game that went into 12 overtimes and had a final score of 84-81.

I don't care about football, much less my hometown team, but that's the craziest fucking thing I'll hear all day.

Tomanta on
    edited October 2010
    Biology continuously finds way to terrify and disgust me.

Daxon on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damn milk bags. I've double pierced this one and now there is milk everywhere. I am balls deep in milk.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Some day the rest of you people will figure out cartons.

Quid on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Quid wrote: »

We have bottles, and plastic bottles, only soy milk and savages use cartons.

Leitner on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Milk in a plastic bottle?

edit: i guess that's the same thing as a plastic carton. I'm just imagining a 2L pop bottle full of milk.

James on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Cartons went away in the early nineties here. Then we had plastic bottles. Now bags are phasing in due to the reduced amount of packaging it involves.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Mojo, give us a new [chat].

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.