As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2010 Midterm Elections, or: Barnum Was Right

1565758596062»

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's also an issue with the VRA in the South as I believe it mandates districts be gerrymandered to create Congressional representation for minorities.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I just don't know how Iowa's system would handle designing districts like this:
    IL04_109.gif
    which looks like a bit of inspired gerrymandering but is mandated by the VRA.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I just don't know how Iowa's system would handle designing districts like this:
    IL04_109.gif
    which looks like a bit of inspired gerrymandering but is mandated by the VRA.

Just have to include demographic info and weight it as a mandatory to have a certain percent.

From the articles, it says there's multiple variables considered (political boundaries, geographic boundaries, etc) when drawing the lines, each of which are provided with different weight values for importance.

If it's robust enough, it should still work fine. That being said, given it was made in the 1980s, it's probably not quite that robust. It's certainly possible to make a program as such, though.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    sligmastasligmasta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hey, did a quick skim of the first last few pages and didn't see it anywhere, does anyone know where i can find some exit polls on early voting? particularly here in nevada?

sligmasta on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The election isn't until the 2nd.

MKR on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Someone start a new midterms thread.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.