As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Walking Dead] Season one is over "Man I'm gonna get shitfaced drunk, again"

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ninja trying to argue with certain people in this thread might only lead to disaster. You wont reach a midway point, since you got the whole well trained military thing on your side, and the fact that they are still people and can get scared, make stupid mistakes, or just be overwhelmed on the other makes it a difficult thing to go back and forth with.

In other news Crysis could use some zombies.

In other, other news I find it hilarious someone found the terrible shit in the pilot that involved humans to be fine but a horse being eaten alive made them go 'fuckthis'.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Horses are people too! ...Wait.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arthil wrote: »
    Ninja trying to argue with certain people in this thread might only lead to disaster. You wont reach a midway point, since you got the whole well trained military thing on your side, and the fact that they are still people and can get scared, make stupid mistakes, or just be overwhelmed on the other makes it a difficult thing to go back and forth with.

In other, other news I find it hilarious someone found the terrible shit in the pilot that involved humans to be fine but a horse being eaten alive made them go 'fuckthis'.

I've got a friend like this. I'm all 'yay, animals' and whatnot, but there's far worse.

FroThulhu on
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Imagine if he had ridden a dog into town.

President Rex on
  • AlanielAlaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

I've got a friend like this. I'm all 'yay, animals' and whatnot, but there's far worse.

Eh, it's just a show.
    I didn't really care that it was a horse to be honest. It was the long extended shot of them ripping its guts out that grossed me out the most. That said, horses tend to be large animals and have larger organs, thus there was more to pull out and nibble on. So yeah, om nom nom horse guts got to me a bit. :lol:

Alaniel on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Came on to see if people enjoyed the pilot, and it's mostly 5 pages of arguing about internal zombification logic and the military.

Oh internet, did you ever know that you're my hero?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I thought the pilot was good. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what happens so that's a good sign as well. I've never read the series so I have no idea what to expect either.
    I'm guessing it was a virus originally and then if you get bit by a zombie you get the virus as well? So the army would have been fine except the virus infected most of them?

shadowane on
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    yeah as a pilot this episode was really, really solid

pilots have a hard job for basically any show, especially genre fiction

but this pilot established everything it needed to, introduced the characters it needed to, and left you wanting more

well done

I was watching this with my dad, I had neglected to inform him that it was a TV show and not a movie, so when we reached the end he was all "that's unfair" :(

valiance on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing I didn't understand at all...
    how the hell did that soldier inside the M60 Patton get bitten and killed? He was in a friggin tank. How would the zombies have gotten in? The two hatches in the top of the turret and the bottom floor would've both been closed and bolted shut. The tank itself has a giant main gun and machine guns. You can wipe out tons of slow-moving zombies with those. And even if you run out of ammo for the guns, you can just drive the tank over the hordes of walkers. There is no way for zombies to bite and claw through the thick armor plating. Being in a tank is about the safest possible location in a zombie apocalypse.

Other then that... great episode for a great comic series. Yes, it's a comic series, not a "series of graphic novels." Sheesh.
    You don't know that's where he was originally. The creators have said the zombies retain at least some of their humanity and, given the open hatch, he probably just climbed back in to a familiar spot.

Quid on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It is true that most of the military forces in the world would pretty much have zero trouble fighting zombies. If you believe otherwise, you're a silly goose.

However, who the fuck cares? Zombie movies are great.

Cabezone on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Finally watched it off my DVR, and I gotta say I was blown away. Glad I haven't read the comic, as I love being in the dark on something this good.

Some thoughts:
    - I remarked while watching that the actor playing Rick was doing a great Gulf South accent, which apparently is hard to pull off since just about every actor that tries ends up coming up with a cartoonish Tennessee/W.Virginia/Texas accent. Turns out the guy is British. Go figure, right? So the best Southern accents on American TV right now are all done by Brits or Australians. Weird.
    - As far as the show getting bleaker, it is something that can turn audiences away, but audiences are more apt to turn away from unlikable characters than they are charismatic characters in unsavory situations. There are enough bleak TV shows in the annals of programming history to at least give this one a chance. It can't be Bleaksville 24-7, but as long as the audience has someone to root for, they'll take a lot of bad shit thrown at them.
    - The show would do well to resolve the "Survivors in the Woods" subplot, because every time it pops up it's like the show throws on the e-brake. The scope of this show has started off so large, and I think dragging it down into "my best friend is sleeping with my wife who thinks I'm dead" melodrama bullshit is a buzzkill. More zombie killing, less human moping.

Atomika on
    edited November 2010
    There is a shit ton of human moping because it really is a terribly bleak series.

There is also, however, a lot of zombie killing to liven it up.
    Also Glenn!

Quid on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, shotguns are not the best for zombie killing. You'll pretty much want medium caliber guns with hollow or soft tips.

Cabezone on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Of course at this rate I wonder how long it'll be before they show the Governor. I'm really curious who they'll cast for him.

Speculation about the Governor [COMIC BOOK SPOILERS] :
    Spike+TV+Scream+2007+Arrivals+tcfjhDfc0QVl.jpg

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited November 2010
    Pretty much dead on. Though that's probably a ways out.

Quid on
  • ProstheticaProsthetica __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    So, this shit was ballin'. I loved the faceguard with the baseball bat. Need more of that. Can't wait till they find the riot suits.

Prosthetica on
    edited November 2010
    Of course at this rate I wonder how long it'll be before they show the Governor. I'm really curious who they'll cast for him.

Speculation about the Governor [COMIC BOOK SPOILERS] :
    Spike+TV+Scream+2007+Arrivals+tcfjhDfc0QVl.jpg

all of my dicks

Prosthetica on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It makes Ice and Fire look like Lord of the Rings (the movie versions).

Seriously, my mom said the first episode was the most depressing thing she's seen lately and Oh my God I have to hold my tongue.

I'm certain the ratings will hold up on account of zombies, but I wonder if the downward spiral will put off audiences who won't be able to stomach the really, really bad moments.

It made

the-road-movie-poster.jpg

look like
    Are_We_There_Yet_.jpg

Deebaser on
  • CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Yes advanced modern military never loses to less sophisticated opponents.

EVER.

If you really can't see how a dedicated, intelligent force with inferior equipment (equipment which still consists of things like high explosives and guns) can't even be remotely compared with a bunch of shambling, stupid, completely unequipped walking corpses whose entire fighting repetoire consists of "group together, shamble forward", then this whole "argument" is just a waste of text. Ah, but I suppose the zombies are also a zealous, smart fighting force capable of waging long-term guerrilla warfare against uncommitted opponents using complex strikes and equipment? Anyway, I will rest easy in the knowledge that, objectively, there is no plausible, non-stupid way for any modern military force to actively fight against zombies and somehow come out the losers and appreciate the fact that The Walking Dead doesn't seem to be concerned with explaining why the military isn't there.

Also, good point with that 120mm canister round. From what I've heard, it goes right through buildings and doesn't even leave corpses behind. A couple of those would rapidly turn a zombie horde into a zombie cloud. The mess would... incredible.

You are thinking about this tactically, and not strategically. What happens to the civilian population during all of this? Panic, massive amounts of panic. Food shortages, water shortages, power outages are all going to be happening. What happens when some military man shoots some crazy fucks zombie wife? He is going to go ballistic. What happens when all of the people the military are supposed to be protecting run out of food and water because society has collapsed? There will be mass hording and looting etc. People will be doing raids on the military, because hey they have food and guns! Military people will start shooting civilians because they will ultimately have no choice, and with every person that dies in this panic, a new zombie is born. So zombies will win by fear alone. It's not the zombies we should fear, but it is ourselves. Or to quote FDR, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Finally watched it off my DVR, and I gotta say I was blown away. Glad I haven't read the comic, as I love being in the dark on something this good.

Some thoughts:
    - I remarked while watching that the actor playing Rick was doing a great Gulf South accent, which apparently is hard to pull off since just about every actor that tries ends up coming up with a cartoonish Tennessee/W.Virginia/Texas accent. Turns out the guy is British. Go figure, right? So the best Southern accents on American TV right now are all done by Brits or Australians. Weird.
    - As far as the show getting bleaker, it is something that can turn audiences away, but audiences are more apt to turn away from unlikable characters than they are charismatic characters in unsavory situations. There are enough bleak TV shows in the annals of programming history to at least give this one a chance. It can't be Bleaksville 24-7, but as long as the audience has someone to root for, they'll take a lot of bad shit thrown at them.
    - The show would do well to resolve the "Survivors in the Woods" subplot, because every time it pops up it's like the show throws on the e-brake. The scope of this show has started off so large, and I think dragging it down into "my best friend is sleeping with my wife who thinks I'm dead" melodrama bullshit is a buzzkill. More zombie killing, less human moping.

You're not going to like this show.

What makes The Walking Dead good IS the "human moping". This show is not so much about the zombie apocalypse, but how people would change during it. It's about the human condition. There's zombie killing, but there's more deaths from other live humans than zombies.

There's several issues of this comic where you don't see a single zombie. If you're only in it for the zombies, unfortunately... you may be disappointed.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You all are also assuming that soldiers would remain loyal and follow orders instead of opting to go save their families.

It's almost like there are too many variables to consider in a hypothetical situation like a zombie apocalypse that debating about things like military effectiveness is meaningless...

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I saw The Mist last week, and after that ending I'm fairly convinced that Frank Darabont is a master at making things depressing.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

EVER.

If you really can't see how a dedicated, intelligent force with inferior equipment (equipment which still consists of things like high explosives and guns) can't even be remotely compared with a bunch of shambling, stupid, completely unequipped walking corpses whose entire fighting repetoire consists of "group together, shamble forward", then this whole "argument" is just a waste of text. Ah, but I suppose the zombies are also a zealous, smart fighting force capable of waging long-term guerrilla warfare against uncommitted opponents using complex strikes and equipment? Anyway, I will rest easy in the knowledge that, objectively, there is no plausible, non-stupid way for any modern military force to actively fight against zombies and somehow come out the losers and appreciate the fact that The Walking Dead doesn't seem to be concerned with explaining why the military isn't there.

Also, good point with that 120mm canister round. From what I've heard, it goes right through buildings and doesn't even leave corpses behind. A couple of those would rapidly turn a zombie horde into a zombie cloud. The mess would... incredible.

Well you've convinced at least one person. I never thought about it, but now that you've brought it up it makes a lot of sense that a modern military would have literally 0 trouble with a zombie outbreak.

also spawnbroker that is PERFECT for the governor, absolutely dead on

valiance on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I saw The Mist last week, and after that ending I'm fairly convinced that Frank Darabont is a master at making things depressing.

That ending, holllyyyy shit.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited November 2010
    Greatest ending of the entire decade.

Prosthetica on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Creepiest moment
    When the wife comes up to the door and tries to get in

Overall I liked it. I wasn't blown away, but I love zombies and the more mainstream they get, the more we will get exposed to quality material like this. I guess my biggest complaint is that it didn't feel complete, more like a rough cut.

RocketSauce on
    edited November 2010
    People are free to have the opinion that the military wouldn't shred zombies with minimal effort because of a single book which has to use convoluted reasoning to make a modern military fail. Everyone else will just continue to understand that military weapons are really awesome at wrecking things and that zombies would pose zero real threat to military short of everyone in the military falling asleep at the same time in a room with a zombie.

And the Godzilla movies are different. It's Godzilla. He's a giant radioactive lizard who spews fire and can shake off tank rounds like snowflakes. Zombies are just dead, dumb, slow people which can get torn apart by a big bullet just as easily as a live person. Godzilla versus military is fun, zombies versus military is stupid. The end. Game Over. Man.

When I think about a zombie apocalypse, I think about how easily shit like SARs, H1N1, Avian Flu and the Black Plague spread. It's a disease and in this global community, we've shown a complete incompetence towards battling contagious disease in it's early onset. A zombie outbreak would be treated like a pandemic and initially people would try to calm and contain zombies so they could attempt to treat their symptoms rather than put them down. This alone would cause many deaths. To contain such an outbreak the world economy would have to shut down, all flights grounded, all boats harboured, nobody comes in, nobody goes out until the world over has a handle on this new way of life. That's a completely unprecedented act and our leaders wouldn't be quick to do it, once again this would cause many deaths.

The only way the military could possibly fight off a zombie apocalypse would be to bunker down and wait for the initial panic to cease, then begin re-taking the country, piece by piece. Fighting it as it happens would be nigh on impossible. It's a numbers game and there's gonna be waay more corpses than fighters.

The American military has an active personnel of 1,477,896 according to wikipedia and it's estimated that 1,137,568 are actually in the States. Under NORMAL circumstances about 250,000 to 300,000 die everyday. There's 310,607,000 people in the US alone. In The Walking Dead, EVERYONE comes back as a zombie. So Day 1 of the outbreak, there's between 250-300k zombies worldwide JUST from natural causes and nobody has a clue. The military would not mobilize on day one and that many zombies are going to kill and subsequently create an exponentially greater amount of zombies. The amount of damage that could be done in just one day would be astronomical. By the time the army does mobilize it's going to be too late. How will the army fight off such great numbers? Even if they could contain it, the world would be changed forever because the threat never goes away.

MAYBE the American Army could "save" America if they had a contingency plan against zombies and mobilized on day one... but there's a shit ton of countries out there that don't have the military personnel and resources to do such a thing. Canada would be fucked and all us Canadian zombies could easily pour over the unprotected border towards America. Many countries would be lost to the dead entirely (China and Japan would be super screwed).

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Creepiest moment

Overall I liked it. I wasn't blown away, but I love zombies and the more mainstream they get, the more we will get exposed to quality material like this. I guess my biggest complaint is that it didn't feel complete, more like a rough cut.

I think the reason it feels that way is
    How fast Rick gets to Atlanta. We only see two things on the trip, and one of those is the cold open. We don't know how far it is, but presumably since the car runs out of gas it's not a quick journey.

Tomanta on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    And I mean in Denmark specifically, because I don't know about Sweden or Norway.

Danish television is complete shit. The only AMC show we've ever gotten is Mad Men, and it doesn't actually air regularly, if it even airs anymore at this point. I honestly don't know if we'll ever get Walking Dead, considering no one gives a shit about horror in this country.

So I'm going find some way to view it over the internet. I'm pretty sure you actually can get stuff from the US Itunes store if you use a fake address. They don't really care as long as you pay.

I can say that it's the same here in Sweden. New tv series finds their way to dubious channels for starters, and if they are really popular and requested that takes about a year. Notable exception is Stargate Universe which came to a non-dubious network about 6 months after its premiere. Otherwise they're generally only fast to import sit-coms.

Spartacus season one just started here three weeks ago.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    People are free to have the opinion that the military wouldn't shred zombies with minimal effort because of a single book which has to use convoluted reasoning to make a modern military fail. Everyone else will just continue to understand that military weapons are really awesome at wrecking things and that zombies would pose zero real threat to military short of everyone in the military falling asleep at the same time in a room with a zombie.

And the Godzilla movies are different. It's Godzilla. He's a giant radioactive lizard who spews fire and can shake off tank rounds like snowflakes. Zombies are just dead, dumb, slow people which can get torn apart by a big bullet just as easily as a live person. Godzilla versus military is fun, zombies versus military is stupid. The end. Game Over. Man.

When I think about a zombie apocalypse, I think about how easily shit like SARs, H1N1, Avian Flu and the Black Plague spread. It's a disease and in this global community, we've shown a complete incompetence towards battling contagious disease in it's early onset. A zombie outbreak would be treated like a pandemic and initially people would try to calm and contain zombies so they could attempt to treat their symptoms rather than put them down. This alone would cause many deaths. To contain such an outbreak the world economy would have to shut down, all flights grounded, all boats harboured, nobody comes in, nobody goes out until the world over has a handle on this new way of life. That's a completely unprecedented act and our leaders wouldn't be quick to do it, once again this would cause many deaths.

The only way the military could possibly fight off a zombie apocalypse would be to bunker down and wait for the initial panic to cease, then begin re-taking the country, piece by piece. Fighting it as it happens would be nigh on impossible. It's a numbers game and there's gonna be waay more corpses than fighters.

The American military has an active personnel of 1,477,896 according to wikipedia and it's estimated that 1,137,568 are actually in the States. Under NORMAL circumstances about 250,000 to 300,000 die everyday. There's 310,607,000 people in the US alone. In The Walking Dead, EVERYONE comes back as a zombie. So Day 1 of the outbreak, there's between 250-300k zombies worldwide JUST from natural causes and nobody has a clue. The military would not mobilize on day one and that many zombies are going to kill and subsequently create an exponentially greater amount of zombies. The amount of damage that could be done in just one day would be astronomical. By the time the army does mobilize it's going to be too late. How will the army fight off such great numbers? Even if they could contain it, the world would be changed forever because the threat never goes away.

MAYBE the American Army could "save" America if they had a contingency plan against zombies and mobilized on day one... but there's a shit ton of countries out there that don't have the military personnel and resources to do such a thing. Canada would be fucked and all us Canadian zombies could easily pour over the unprotected border towards America. Many countries would be lost to the dead entirely (China and Japan would be super screwed).

Somebody... get to work on a zombie RTS. That's the only way we'll figure this out.

Delta Assault on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    valiance wrote: »

EVER.

Well you've convinced at least one person. I never thought about it, but now that you've brought it up it makes a lot of sense that a modern military would have literally 0 trouble with a zombie outbreak.

also spawnbroker that is PERFECT for the governor, absolutely dead on

This kinda assumes that the soldiers will maintain discipline in the face of a pretty horrific situation. The most likely scenario is that the military probably started making a concerted effort against the zombies after it would've been most effective because the government would've still be trying to "save" the infected. The soldiers would likely have been surrounded because infected people would've been brought behind the front lines. By the time people figured out how the zombies actually work, it was probably too late.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For the military argument - remember there are zombie children. That is what made the opening so hardcore awesome.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The government couldn't even respond to a fucking hurricane before an entire city obliterated itself. If you think they could respond to every city in the country self-destructing at the same time, you are on some serious drugs.

By the time the army was mobilized and responded, it would be too late. There wouldn't be a country left to defend. And that's not even counting the fact that the soldiers themselves are more than likely going to say "fuck your orders, i'm going to save grandma."

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really like this show a lot. I have about 15 minutes left though in the premiere to watch tonight. Baby got sick last night so I had to go take care of that.

Is Sunday, 9 PM going to be the time, and will they all be an hour and a half? Also, is AMC the last channel on the planet without HD? Honestly....

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited November 2010
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I really like this show a lot. I have about 15 minutes left though in the premiere to watch tonight. Baby got sick last night so I had to go take care of that.

Is Sunday, 9 PM going to be the time, and will they all be an hour and a half? Also, is AMC the last channel on the planet without HD? Honestly....

AMC has an HD version of their channel... it's just not available everywhere :(. The good news is that somehow the SD broadcast seems to be airing at a higher resolution. Dunno how they did it, but it's noticeably better than most SD broadcasts I've watched on my TV.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Episodes should be an hour (or 40 minutes minus the commercials). I don't know what's going on with your cable provider, because I've had AMC HD longer than almost all of the other HD channels on Comcast.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Creepiest moment

How fast Rick gets to Atlanta. We only see two things on the trip, and one of those is the cold open. We don't know how far it is, but presumably since the car runs out of gas it's not a quick journey.
    Rick's trip to Atlanta is expedited in the comic too. Nothing of note happens beyond him running out of gas and finding a horse. Why draw it out? They did however add that scene at the start (said opening scene does not occur in the comic) which happens during his trip to Atlanta.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Creepiest moment

Rick's trip to Atlanta is expedited in the comic too. Nothing of note happens beyond him running out of gas and finding a horse. Why draw it out? They did however add that scene at the start (said opening scene does not occur in the comic) which happens during his trip to Atlanta.
    It just creates slightly odd pacing. In the comic it's fine, but on film even a 60-second driving montage with interesting scenery and maybe an Atlanta sign would have helped. But it's not a big deal.

EDIT: The Walking Dead compendium is currently #68 on Amazon's book sales list and TWD has 2 of the top 10 spots in graphic novels (Scott Pilgrim has 5. I guess Vol. 5 isn't that popular).

Tomanta on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »
    The government couldn't even respond to a fucking hurricane before an entire city obliterated itself. If you think they could respond to every city in the country self-destructing at the same time, you are on some serious drugs.

By the time the army was mobilized and responded, it would be too late. There wouldn't be a country left to defend. And that's not even counting the fact that the soldiers themselves are more than likely going to say "fuck your orders, i'm going to save grandma."

Yeah, let's keep in mind here
    that this didn't start as an isolated incident. Everybody that dies in this universe, becomes a zombie. That means that at some point, some switch was flipped, and suddenly the hospitals in every city across the US became their own ground zeros. Who knows how many staff and patients were bitten, and in turn infected and zombified before the military were even called in.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I guess I missed a third of the show. I thought it was over at about an hour and had wandered off thinking credits would roll after commercials or something.

Last part I remember was basically the older guy
    shooting at the zombies and being unable to pull the trigger on his wife.

Rear Admiral Choco on
This discussion has been closed.