As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I shot the [chat]

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ehh, if I want a sub sandwich I go to the Italian place near by that makes awesome sandwiches and cost the same.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they-wanted-to-see-disneyland-13348-1288504696-223.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I like Quiznos more than Subway.

I think they do a better tuna melt, and thats pretty much all I ever get from sandwich places.

*slap slap slap*

Passerbye on
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Plus Quiznos was a good pita sandwich too.

weather man bob on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What's the name of the new Wii game where you are a samurai lady?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mmmmm this Subway is good.

lies

Man if you say Quiznos is better, I'll...

I don't know what I'll do, but it'll probably be drastic and overly dramatic.

i guess i like quizno's better

like, if i had to go to a restaurant and my options were quizno's and subway, i'd choose quizno's.

i'm not really wild about either. but subway's bread tastes like baked, whipped elmer's glue and their cheese tastes like american cheese with extra plastic.

i do not like subway sandwiches.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010

Muramasa?

You're a big boobed ninja chick in that one.

Probably not the same game, though, since it's not new.

Sheep on
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

the bikini zombie killing one, where the more zombie blood you get on you the stronger you get, so the main character wears a bikini.

weather man bob on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    weather man bob: much love for Mike Patton

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am going to share this picture with you because it is sweet

i1xv3.jpg

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    mike, did I show you the new valerie-esque song I did?

I like it, though with all the reverb bussing I was doing, it got a little overcompressed.

and it has elizabeth bishop reading in it!
    ssssssend send send

Super Ghost -- Late Air
    This is nice. Moody. Drums are subdued and I like that.

Synth line that comes in at around the 1 minute mark reminds me of something Jack Wall would write. Very cool.

MikeMan on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I think they do a better tuna melt, and thats pretty much all I ever get from sandwich places.

*slap slap slap*

Oh keep hitting me I'm almost there!

Errr...

:P

I don't think I've eaten at either location for like a year though. They were my "crap I'm stuck on campus and want to eat something vaguely healthy" choices.

Inquisitor on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Subway and Quiznos are both p terrible.

Subway's bread sucks and Quiznos puts way too much meat on.

Kilroy on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

that is really good but hell of depressing.

I need to fix the ending. I'm really bad at short story endings.

As in, make it end differently, or rewrite it while retaining the basic idea?

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    weather man bob: much love for Mike Patton

He is awesome, I love his vocal range.
    edit: though he is better in the studio than live.

weather man bob on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Sup [chat], I just had a shitty meet&greet with a company I wanna work for.

There were so many people there that the employees didn't have time to talk to me personally and instead I was herded in a conference room with 25 others for a general talk about the company and we could ask questions. I managed to have something to say, but it was kind of stupid. There was one woman there on the table's end who just claimed the whole thing for herself by joking with the director, asking all kinds of questions and talking a lot.

Nothing she said was interesting

But I couldn't tell her that

There wasn't even room for me at the table

Don't worry to much, I attended an Open House kind of thing to get the job I'm at currently with a bunch of other people and although I really felt bad about not having anything to say for a couple demo's they gave us of stuff they were working on or in the general talk about the company things worked out pretty well.

I remember going home and thinking, damn, that guy next to me, his name was actually "Chief", how am I gonna compete with that, at least I got some free pizza out of it. A week later they were like, hey, we're sending you an offer so I apparently nailed my interviews enough to make up for it.

I don't have an interview with them, I just sent in an application and they invited everyone interested in applying to this Open House affair. So I had no choice but coming, I have no idea what my chances actually are and I couldn't even ask.

They said they were going to invite people over for interviews in the coming 2 weeks and that they were gonna make a first selection based on the profile they were looking for first. If I wouldn't want that job I would have asked why the fuck they hadn't made that selection before making me come over for their Meet & Greet.

Well, did you at least get anything cool out of it. For me, my college sent out an e-mail that this place was looking for interns and to submit resumes, then they called all of us up to invite us to an open house and that they'd have free pizza. I also ended up getting a water bottle, a really crappy towel, and a lunch box. It was pretty bizarre. If it helps, "Chief" volunteered to take part in their demos and asked questions during the main thing and I don't think he got an offer, so I certainly wouldn't count yourself out.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

They have better bread than Subway.

Plus they carry blue cheese, gucamole, and other sorts of sides that subway dosen't.

edit: love the parmasean chips

Subway has guacamole. At least all the ones I've been to have, maybe it's a west-coast & Hawai'i thing.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010
    Kilroy wrote: »

You can take some off, you know they don't mind.

weather man bob on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    back in high school before i knew anything about nutrition i successfully lost a lot of weight eating nothing but fruit and subway

an apple/banana for breakfast, turkey/cheese footlong for lunch w/ water, turkey/cheese footlong for dinner w/ powerade

it was something like 1,500 calories a day

oh lawd

Organichu on
    edited November 2010
    In general I don't like either subway or quiznos. Jimmy Johns isn't bad though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus, give the work a title you putz.

Inquisitor on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

that is really good but hell of depressing.

I need to fix the ending. I'm really bad at short story endings.

As in, make it end differently, or rewrite it while retaining the basic idea?

I don't really have the room for him to succeed but his failure was too abrupt.

Sarksus on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    *fap fap fap*

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I see this ad like errday on the subway

campaign1.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2010

They have better bread than Subway.

Plus they carry blue cheese, gucamole, and other sorts of sides that subway dosen't.

edit: love the parmasean chips

Subway has guacamole. At least all the ones I've been to have, maybe it's a west-coast & Hawai'i thing.

Subway in texas sucks

weather man bob on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

i1xv3.jpg
    Thug

Life

Hug

Life

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I just heard Michael Steele making sort of sense on BBC radio...

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited November 2010
    The sandwich I got from that random NY deli place at PAX was basically orgasmic.

I had to split eating it into two sittings because it was just too much raw flavor.

Inquisitor on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's a sub-sandwich-type place that's been popping up around here recently-ish. Lenny's.

Its pretty much where I go if I want a sandwich now.

Galahad on
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus, give the work a title you putz.

{Title of Work}

Feral on

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010

i1xv3.jpg

which subway is this?

i want to say philly but i don't see any excrement on the floor

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010

i1xv3.jpg
    Thug

Life

Hug

Life

They are down for eachother.

weather man bob on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I don't see the appeal of The New Kid, it seems open and shut. Maybe they're right and it would be an easy sell as a cartoon, but I still don't really wish to know more.

So that leaves Sand, or mystery option 3 that could be WoW comics.

How about option 4: go back to being funny?

No, wait, that's option 5. Option 4 is a miscarriage comic.
    Maybe if you shake your fist some about the free entertainment they're not asking you to look at they'll do it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2010
    The sandwich I got from that random NY deli place at PAX was basically orgasmic.

I had to split eating it into two sittings because it was just too much raw flavor.

Was that when we went to lunch on what Saturday? Because that was Jimmy Johns.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    I see this ad like errday on the subway

snip

meet me at the ice cream truck

i buy you an ice cream

Feral on

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    I just heard Michael Steele making sort of sense on BBC radio...

This isn't possible. May I suggest immediate psych help?

Thomamelas on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mmmmm hawaiian pizza, maybe its a good thing my roommate ate all my leftover chinese :P

msmya on
    edited November 2010
    man

ever since i started eating bread again i've had terrible acid reflux

ugh

my chest is aching and killing me

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    that doesn't look like the seating on a philly subway car

Organichu on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kilroy wrote: »

You can take some off, you know they don't mind.

But if I do that, the sandwich isn't satisfying because they don't put enough non-meat stuff on.

Kilroy on
This discussion has been closed.