As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Vegas, Baby!

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Borommakot wrote: »
    I hit Helios One and chose poorly before getting Arcade so I don't think I can do his quest now.

Although having him with with me when I armed Archimedes made me feel like a Bond villain but without the inevitable defeat.

You can still do it. There a quite a few places that will get him talking and building trust with you.

Also, you must reach a certain level of 'trust' with Arcade Gannon before he will open his past up to you, the following are ways to gain trust:

Become accepted with the Followers of the Apocalypse.

Take Arcade to the Crashed Vertibird, he will talk about how he hasn't seen one in a long time before quickly adding it must have been in a book.

Take Arcade to the REPCONN Headquarters were he will talk about the history of REPCONN and it's research into plasma weapons after being bought by RobCo, with an intelligence of 6 you can inquire where he learned about this but he will dodge the question.

Taking Arcade Gannon into the Silver Rush in Freeside and he will start a dialog about plasma weapons. You can ask him how he knows so much about plasma weapons but he will dodge the question.

Going to Camp McCarran after completing the quest There Stands the Grass and talking to Doctor Hildern about OSI will gain trust.

Going to HELIOS One and speaking to the Fantastic, then assuring Arcade Gannon you'll reroute the power supply to Freeside.

The most beneficial option is to visit The Fort while Arcade is your companion, then remark that you "just want to see what Caesar's up to and get the hell out", this will gain enough trust to start the quest.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is it wrong that i gave boone motor-runner's chainsaw and let him go around with that

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited November 2010
    i still haven't finished this.
    on the scale of a little broke to real damned broke, how broke is my game if i decided to find out about the khan's betrayal by caesar by... killing caesar?

oh and benny was there. not any more.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Boone is the hand of god with that rifle
    striking down vengeance on unsuspecting enemies

scarlet blvd. on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I have a mod that fixes that, but even with good power armor she goes down way too easily.

:winky:

freakish light on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I have a mod that fixes that, but even with good power armor she goes down way too easily.

:winky:

She's not a Ghoul, Freakish. Calm down.

Buttcleft on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    God FUCKING dammit. My game just crashed during the ending cutscene sequence wrapping everything up. Now I gotta do all that crap again.

edit: five crashes later it finally plays all the way through. Jeez.

freakish light on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Where are there more Followers quests? I helped them out at the Mormon Fort, that seems to be their HQ. I also did the bugging quest. I would like to raise my reputation with them but I don't seem to get much rep for helping them out.

captaink on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Easiest way is giving em meds.

L|ama on
    edited November 2010
    I went and looked through my guide and that is apparently the only way to get up to the higher levels. I've done every quest that gives me Followers rep.

captaink on
    edited November 2010
    I was looking for a mod that would change a few perk requirements. It seems dumb that there are a fair amount of perks that affect both melee and unarmed, or guns and energy weapons, but require a pretty high skill level in only one of the two. Like Super Slam, for example.

I found: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35841

Which does do it, but adds in other stuff as well. Most of it is just reverting FO3/NV perks that were traits in Fallout 1/2 back to traits.

captaink on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it is odd that bloody mess remained a perk

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    You also get the old gifted/skilled combo back if you install it. But he couldn't figure out how to change perks to every third level, so it's just -20% XP, which is probably a bit too lenient.

captaink on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    You also get the old gifted/skilled combo back if you install it. But he couldn't figure out how to change perks to every third level, so it's just -20% XP, which is probably a bit too lenient.

This was literally the worst trait in Fallout 2.

I don't know why you'd even bother adding it back in.

Cilla Black on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i still haven't finished this.
    on the scale of a little broke to real damned broke, how broke is my game if i decided to find out about the khan's betrayal by caesar by... killing caesar?

oh and benny was there. not any more.

I thought it was weird that I had to go to that place and do that to get the ledger. Boy the legion is NOT happy with me these days.

Bucketman on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lol I gave Veronica power armor and a power fist, she just runs around punching off heads.. where, I don't even know.. I just get the XP message and occasional kill-cam.

I guess it makes up for the fact that ED-E won't follow us down into vault 34... he doesn't like the rads I guess??

jwalk on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey so who do I talk to about getting the NCR some meat and spices? I went to the Crimson Caravan but theres no option with Alice about it and I don't see anyone else around thats named to talk to.

Bucketman on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey so who do I talk to about getting the NCR some meat and spices? I went to the Crimson Caravan but theres no option with Alice about it and I don't see anyone else around thats named to talk to.
    Talk to Blake at the Crimson Caravan, not Alice.

Dux on
  • MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've got the best bug ever. I can't travel to the Strip unless I use the monorail, and then the game crashes when I walk past the 38. I've fast travelled, and waited, and tried from different saves, all to no avail. Hurrah!

MrBrick on
    edited November 2010
    try buying 'old cowboy hat' from blake at crimson caravan or either mick or ralph (whichever is the gun one).

put it on. enter the strip.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just running around with my Hello Kitty minigun

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    there's mods that add in fast travel places inside the strip, but you have to rediscover them when you load the mod

L|ama on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    try buying 'old cowboy hat' from blake at crimson caravan or either mick or ralph (whichever is the gun one).

put it on. enter the strip.

If that is an actual solution to a bug that's great.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited November 2010
    bug?

i figured it was a quest. a patricularly meta quest, but a quest!

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Boone is the hand of god with that rifle
    striking down vengeance on unsuspecting enemies

I had to take off the random dramatic zoom to just me when Boone would kill a guy a mile away and I'd freak the fuck out because it was a Nightkin behind me that he just happened to pop the head off of JESUS FUCK BOONE STOP SCARING ME LIKE THAT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I built an Energy Weapons/Explosives character.
    Ran around the wasteland a bit, then my game froze while I was beating up on Geckos with a baseball bat.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I may have locked myself out of gaining boone's trust, did too many anti-legion things without him in my party

oh well

FrylockHolmes on
    edited November 2010
    I did cottonwood and offing the big C with him and that was enough

L|ama on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone else get ridiculous load times around the freeside/vegas area?

also it feels like this has even fewer songs then FO3, which is pretty annoying.

101 on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Getting this at some point.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jwalk wrote: »
    lol I gave Veronica power armor and a power fist, she just runs around punching off heads.. where, I don't even know.. I just get the XP message and occasional kill-cam.

I guess it makes up for the fact that ED-E won't follow us down into vault 34... he doesn't like the rads I guess??

He may be broken after finishing his questline. To fix him, first empty his inventory because you'll lose everything you stored on him. Then open the console, click him, then type these commands in this order:
    disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

And then he'll start following and shooting with you again.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • EchildaEchilda Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rfilyaw wrote: »

He may be broken after finishing his questline. To fix him, first empty his inventory because you'll lose everything you stored on him. Then open the console, click him, then type these commands in this order:
    disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

Does using the console disable achievements?

Echilda on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

I wonder if this would fix ED-E trying to kill me

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Echilda wrote: »

disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

Googled this.
    "WARNING: Using console commands in the Steam version of Fallout: New Vegas will prevent you from obtaining achievements! If you shut down and restart the game they will enable again! "

HugmasterGeneral on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, rapid reload is bugged
    if you plan on using the cowboy repeater, it will mess you up

edit: I'm pretty sure it is? damn, I wish I could figure this out, I guess time will tell

Yeah, rapid reload doesn't work if you reload while running around. Which is a bug, but I guess it works, because what sort of badass cowboy gunslinger runs around like a damn fool anyway?

I wish there were cowboy clothes with decent DT in the game. I'm sure there are some to be modded in, but I have a ps3. Lucky Gomez wears the rattan hat, authority shades and combat armor. Some kind of cowboy clothes would be nice. Can you wear the big deal NCR duster armor outfit without the helmet? That could work.

DouglasDanger on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Echilda wrote: »

disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

Googled this.
    "WARNING: Using console commands in the Steam version of Fallout: New Vegas will prevent you from obtaining achievements! If you shut down and restart the game they will enable again! "

Oh that is horse shit. So I got fucked out of achievements because I used ToggleEmotions to make the game not run like shit.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited November 2010
    I've always been a fan of the idea that it would be nice if you had the option of armor that hides under your fancy clothes, much like kevlar. It always bugs me in MMOs how everyone always looks the same, because they're all wearing the best armor. I'd rather the armor be invisible under the clothes everyone wants to be seen in.
    Framling wrote: »

Googled this.

Oh that is horse shit. So I got fucked out of achievements because I used ToggleEmotions to make the game not run like shit.

You should be fine... it says in that line you just have to shut down and restart the game.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    DouglasDanger on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's not the game breaking bugs killing me... just the invisible walls for no reason and the Friend of the Night perk being bugged. It says it works at night OR inside, but it only works inside if it's night outside too. How. Dumb.

And it's way prettier than turning up your brightness so... hush.

edit: I looked it up, it is just coded stupidly. If it checked indoors then time, it'd work as described. It checks time then indoors for no reason at all.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so where can i find t-51b power armor without brotherhood markings? wanna wear em, but don't wanna get attacked by douchey ncr douches

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.