As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm a monogamous social drinker and Claire only sleep-hits me. (Modern Family)

zucchinizucchini robotheropretty much amazingRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
This is Phil Dunphy.
2920d2g.jpg

No wait. Sorry. Start over. This is Phil Dunphy.

2yyv7f5.jpg

Phil is the dad that most dads wish they could be. He's a real estate mogul (what) a real estate agent living in California with most of his extended family. He's basically a big kid who loves technology, practical jokes and doting on his wife Claire.

263aozp.jpg

According to Phil, Claire is a perfectionist which sometimes comes in handy, like when picking a husband. It's hard to believe that he had two girlfriends before meeting her (on the other hand, we can onlly account for the fling she had with former golf pro Happy Gilmore, but it's safe to say she was a little wild back in the day). Together, Phil and Claire have three children.

2hz4ytv.png

Luke, Hayley and Alex. Hayley is either always on her cell phone or making out with her boyfriend Dylan (who is like, in a band). Alex always has her head in the books, and using her brains to outwit and outsmart her brother and sister. Which, with Luke, isn't very difficult. Claire and Phil both agree that Luke is their dumbest kid. He's always getting his head stuck in furniture, playing with boxes and occasionally he wears pants.

28mpmz6.png

Next up is Claire's brother Mitchell and his boyfriend Cam. Mitchell and Cam have been together for about six years and recently adopted a daughter (Lily) from Vietnam. Their personalities seem to counterbalance the relationship very well. While Mitchell is mild mannered and career driven, Cam isn't afraid to speak his mind and cause a little drama (he even once exclaimed that their friend Pepper managed to make a gay couple hate brunch).

16gcw9l.png

Finally we have Jay, his wife Gloria and her son Manny. Jay is Claire and Mitchell's father, and he married Gloria almost two years ago. She's from Columbia and is the definition of a trophy wife. But that hasn't stopped her from bringing some of her culture's traditions into the whole family, as well as convincing their neighbors that they own a parrot. If you've been following along, this makes Manny Claire and Mitchell's step brother, which if you just went off how he acts (he wears smoking jackets and drinks coffee) would make sense. Manny is 11.

And there you have it, the definition of a
2z85a10.png
(Wednesdays at 9 on ABC)

zucchini on

• Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd bang 3 of the females on this show

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I realized he was in the Dawn of the Dead remake the other day and was like

OH

That's where I know him from.

Abracadaniel on
  • zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    love love love this show so much

also

http://i39.tinypic.com/s2ts45.jpg

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    love and marriage love and marriage go to together like a horse and....

Franko on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I realized he was in the Dawn of the Dead remake the other day and was like

OH

That's where I know him from.

Yeah I just saw this again a few days ago and it was actually kind of upsetting because of how much of a douchebag he is in that movie.

Also Manny is not their half-brother. He would be if he'd been born because of that marriage but his father is someone else. So he is at most a step half-brother which actually makes him nothing

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this show is awesome, i love it.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited November 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Also Manny is not their half-brother. He would be if he'd been born because of that marriage but his father is someone else. So he is at most a step half-brother which actually makes him nothing

It's a joke from the episode where Gloria takes Alex to buy a dress.

zucchini on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    zucchini wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »

It's a joke from the episode where Gloria takes Alex to buy a dress.

I'm dumb

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited November 2010
    but you're right I had put half in the OP when I meant to say step

zucchini on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe she tried to contain him and he blew his lid.

Blake T on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gloria is one of the best characters on TV, seriously

Phil's pretty great too

Centipede Damascus on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    modern family is pretty good but does anyone watch cougar town

that show is so much better than the name would suggest
    it also has nothing to do with the name, which is probably why

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cougar town is awesome it reminds me of scrubs, in a good way, if you dont like scrubs, then I guess sorry for turning you off cougar town?

Prohass on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    what about it reminds you of scrubs

this is important

Clint Eastwood on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Modern Family really is fantastic.

Also, made funnier by the ridiculous similarities Claire and Phil share with Janson and Mori.

DE?AD on
    edited November 2010
    it has that similar dialogue style, kinda sharp and quick conversations with characters almost having prepared retorts and whatnot. Less the zany flashes and cuts to fantastical imagery and ludicrousness and such.

Prohass on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Prohass wrote: »
    it has that similar dialogue style, kinda sharp and quick conversations with characters almost having prepared retorts and whatnot. Less the zany flashes and cuts to fantastical imagery and ludicrousness and such.

oh so
    the worst part of the show

RubberAC on
    edited November 2010
    I guess? I can never tell, Im acutely aware people hate scrubs for varying reasons but I enjoyed it all so I cant really provide any helpful insights

Prohass on
    edited November 2010
    Prohass wrote: »

Hmm. This kind of gets on my nerves with Scrubs if I watch more than one episode at a time but it's not unbearable or anything.

The mian thing I hate about scrubs is that all the characters became stupid parodies of themselves that were impossible to take seriously in any way

Clint Eastwood on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love this show so much

That trailer of Phil quotes is pretty great

Also, I love that Phil and Claire just straight up acknowledge that Luke is dumb

Janson on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, this show is amazing. And Rachel is incredibly like Claire, at least the super perfectionist part.

Moriveth on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    what about the butt part

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buy low, sell high. And when people see me, they're gonna say, that guy is high.

Moriveth on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I also like how at first glance jay is a bit of a dick but he is probably the nicest guy on the show.

Blake T on
    edited November 2010
    My favorite episodes are when Jay or Phil have a monologue about how whatever happened relates back to how much they care about their family

also Phil being a nervous wreck about the possibility of Claire leaving

also this is on right now

zucchini on