As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glossolalia - Nearly 2 years. 33 threads. 4 games.

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++

What the fuck is this?
Glossolalia, the SE++ forum RPG series started up by DE?AD two years ago.

Oh this is that one roleplaying thread that I never click...
That's right! Hopefully this should clear things up for you!

So what exactly is this all about?
It's a play-by-post RPG that has a tendency to get fairly silly, run by our modest GMs DE?AD and Dubh. We've gone through a number of games already: from Glossolalia 4++ (which covered a scat-filled medieval setting to one filled with space-faring cats), to RADlands (Post-Apocalyptic), to the two newest games, Deucarta (Science-based medieval) and Royal Blue (Wacky narrative-based world where any and all things exist).

Alright, can I make a character to kick sand in your character's face?
Sure! Currently we have two games running: Deucarta (run by Dubh) and Royal Blue (DE?AD). The former has already reached the player cap, but the latter isn't starting until 22 Nov so feel free to make your interest known in the thread and we'll help you out!

So how do I make a character?
We play using DE?AD's homemade 100% system, a free-form set of guidelines that whittle your character sheet into two neat lines of text. All rolls are done with a d100, but here's the kicker: the GMs are kind enough to take all the logistics on their side! That means 0% number crunching and power-gamey bullshit, 100% narrative gameplay.

The link to the rules is at the top of the thread, and the GMs and other players will surely help you make your character!

Click HERE for the rules on how to make your character!

Alright, so which game should I play?
Pretty much just Royal Blue, read about it below:

Deucarta

Magic is science. Golems are robots. Spirit philosophers roam the land. Psychics and Wizards battle over ancient artifacts that defy all natural law and reason. This is Deucarta.
Pack your bags and don't forget your sword, 'cause there will be Hell to pay before this journey is over and you don't got the time to stop for lunch.

Choose your adventure! (During play, include the two code words with your stat line!)
[Antheus][Hikkery]
Characters: Marinus (AA), Rok (T4CT), Ess (Squall), Epictetus (Shock), Aaron (Stilts), Arthur (Dux), Y (DE?AD)

(Coded Message)
"Our time together in the League of Rovers was short, but was beneficial to us both. The ban on privateer organizations has hit our type hard, but I wish to continue to our services to the public underground, away from government scrutiny. With my connections and your skills, we could take advantage of this revolution and gain a great deal of wealth, or even favor from the winning side. These are uncertain times, and at the very least we can save a few lives while making a better living than working at the prisons or on riot control. Meet at the boathouse at the end of Omen street, near the ruined lighthouse. We can work out the details there."

-H

[Sevyn Turs][Dikkery]
Characters: Garent (Cyense), Desmond (Tommy), West (Shabooty), Aralia (Anti)

(Fliers sent to various wizard academies and mercenary companies)

Wanted!

EXPLORE untamed wilds!
DISCOVER ancient ruins and legendary artifacts!
MINGLE with barbarian warlords!
HUNT rare beasts!
BECOME part of the most important research EVER!

Research assistants needed to conduct retrieval and courier services for acclaimed royal researcher Armades Kinas, currently conducting research in Sevyn Turs, deep within the Dreamwilds. Rooms and supplies provided per diem, payment will be rendered after each job. Inquire at your local arcane college for more details and to schedule an interview. References required.

[The Mediran Plains][Dokk]
Characters: Gorlaf (Cheese), Castleguard (Rane), Furnace (Dichotomy), Carmine Beel (Valve), John (Speed), Baird (Captain K), Shu (Bahamut)

(Backroom of a closed ale house in the city-state of Etlin)

"All right you bastards, the gates of Etlin are closed up tighter than the princess's cunt with Jevin's army at the gate. The city can hold up for a few months, give or take, before supplies are out. After that? We're crushed under the boot heels of those slavering rock gnawers. The council doesn't have a lot of options, and that's were I come in- recruiting you would-be mercenaries to bust out and find a way to end this siege. The other city states aren't keen on getting involved, and that has to change for Etlin to have a chance at living through this. I'm not promising a great deal of wealth, here, but I can guarantee a shit load of action, fame, and- if everything turns out lucky- the gratitude of goddamn civilization. Can you pussies take the blood oath and fight this out to the end? If you can't, turn your ass around, march out that door and get your pale white ass out of my sight."

Royal-Blue-Badge.png

The Code of the Royal Blue
An Agent must be an upstanding citizen and an exemplary person of impeachable moral fiber.
An Agent sacrifices himself to protect others. To do less is grounds for removal.
An Agent suffers no weakness of character that would render him a danger to others.
An Agent wears his badge proudly, and openly. His uniform is the colour of the Shield.
An Agent upholds Compassion, Peace, and Freedom, but above all Justice.
An Agent is before all things is an Agent.

[Rules for Character Creation]
> No Crazies.
> No Villains.
> Character Concepts must be delivered in two sentences or less.
> Characters are outstanding at whatever they do.
> Characters must want to be in the Royal Blue.
> Characters must want to do good.

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL

[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card grants you a +10% bonus to your highest stat for determining when you are RAD Poisoned or Stressed Out; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

[Introducing the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection! Be the envy of your friends! Impress women! Show that dick at work who's boss! You are! If you collect Glossolalia Collectible Card Colelction Cards! Each Card comes with a unique, useful, and occasionally devastating Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Capability! Collect all the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards and be the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Collection Commander! And, thanks to the patented Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Carry-Over, all Cards remains with you through all Glossolalia-Brand Games! Only 50000 Glossolalia Points, ORDER NOW!
[Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards Currently Available]
[Speed Racer]
[Jo'Marli]
[Locth]
[Feli]
[Thieresai]
[The Urson]
[Kih'tan (Planet)]
[Grezzibel]
[Skyaergarigyth]
[Starfish Cove]
[Ol' Stregged]
[Kih'Tan (Species)]
[ICEberg]
[Page 97]
[Loeli]
[Ytlkrek]
[SECommandos]
[Reavens]
[Urson Gateway]
[Benevochlorians]
[Malevochondria]
...and many more coming soon!

Seasons now available on HDDVD!

There's no way I'm reading through all of this bullshit.
Yeah don't, it's all crap. Also you don't need to know any of it for the new campaigns.

Glossolalia 4++: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]

RADlands: [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32]

Deucarta & Royal Blue: [33]

Squall on

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey, Squall, here's some stuff I gathered about Royal Blue into a post for T4CT back in the previous thread.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks stilts

Squall on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deucarta sounds rad as fuck

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I'm gonna try Royal Blue when it comes out, seeing as I'll be almost done with nano by then

mensch-o-matic on
    edited November 2010
    Deucarta sounds rad as fuck

Clicking on the name will take you to its wiki page, has a lot more information on the races and world there if you didn't see it

@mensch neat, de?ad will release more info as we get closer to launch

Squall on
  • BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I get "Glossolalia: The RPG wiki was edited" emails for some reason

like every goddamned day

BEARD on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    From what DE?AD has told me Royal Blue actually sounds pretty cool

Perhaps even cool enough that I might try playing

Of course the fact that I use the computer for maybe an hour a day tops right now kind of dampens that plan

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    edited November 2010
    log into the wiki and hit settings>notifications & rss> uncheck the 'enable email notifications' box

Squall on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    man what's with these motherfuckers who actually post in other threads

weirdos

Shock G on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Mediran Plains is getting no love

Shabooty on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to the plains

apparently solo

8-)

Raneados on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    good OP Squall!

VALVEjunkie on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rane will be the sole savior of the city.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited November 2010
    Cheeseliker chose the Plains, guys.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    gotta bust my hump to save you jerks

mumble grumble

edit: oop, me and cheese

nanowrimoglossolalia buddies

Raneados on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buddy cop movie then

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited November 2010
    Stilts wrote:
    Squall wrote:
    or does anyone else have de?ad's old royal blue post on hand?
    Which one?

Also: [Aaron Parker][Antheus]

The breakdown so far is this:

Antheus = Marinus, Rok, Ess, Epicetus, Aaron
    Sevyn Turs = Garent, Desmond, West, Aralia
    Mediran Plains = Gorlaf, Castleguard

That leaves Arthur and Castleguard.

already said Castleguard is probably headed to Mediran Plains

(and I thought cheese's character was Big, but apparently that wasn't a real character?)

and: holy shit Gorlaf and castleguard are basically perfect teammates

Raneados on
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would consider trying this out but I already waste enough of my life on these forums as is.

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    Stilts wrote:
    Squall wrote:
    or does anyone else have de?ad's old royal blue post on hand?
    Which one?

Also: [Aaron Parker][Antheus]

The breakdown so far is this:

Antheus = Marinus, Rok, Ess, Epicetus, Aaron
    Sevyn Turs = Garent, Desmond, West, Aralia
    Mediran Plains = Gorlaf, Castleguard

That leaves Arthur and Castleguard.

already said Castleguard is probably headed to Mediran Plains

(and I thought cheese's character was Big, but apparently that wasn't a real character?)

and: holy shit Gorlaf and castleguard are basically perfect teammates

I didn't add you because I was lazy and only checked three pages back.

And I think he just changed his mind on Big. Dubh, as he's want to do, scared him away from trying a Husk.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy crap, a bunch of new(ish) faces 'round these parts!

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited November 2010
    you know how we had like 22 people playing radlands

welp

a lot more are gonna play Royal blue, I'd wager

Raneados on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Since DE?AD doesn't want me playing RB and RADlands at the same time I should look through the Deucarta stuff

Speed Racer on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright!

I want to do a play by post game!

I guess I'll look into this so I have a place to write tons of fruity backstory!

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    gloss

a forum phenomena

Shabooty on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    a forumnome...na

Speed Racer on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I am jailed until december

That means I would be bad at Gloss until then

Is it worth it

Is it worth being the slowest poster

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I am jailed until december

That means I would be bad at Gloss until then

Is it worth it

Is it worth being the slowest poster

so worth it

and you could always join later!

VALVEjunkie on
    edited November 2010
    It's okay.

Speed will be slower.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2010
    Excuse me Stiltso McGibbons but it is you that we are waiting on in this conversation now

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can push my game to Saturday, if that gives people time to make characters and join in.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2010
    Excuse me Stiltso McGibbons but it is you that we are waiting on in this conversation now

I'll get on that as soon as I finish doing this IRC thing for Marsh's PTA game.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2010
    I'm just foolin' take your time

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I know.

Felt like updating you anyway.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bein jailed ain't no thing

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dang, new people.

Everyone who wishes to is welcome to join Royal Blue. I'll do a big introduction/world-info post at some point during the weekend or on Monday. Until then, Stilts should be able to fill you in with posts I've made on the topic previously.

Also, someone get a hold of Muse, I believe she wished to be notified when Royal Blue started up.

DE?AD on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay I think I'm ready to come back and finish this. What were the new rules for revamping our radlands characters?

- %500 progress
    - Traits are now only A,B,C, and D
    - ???

NeoToma on
    edited November 2010
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Okay I think I'm ready to come back and finish this. What were the new rules for revamping our radlands characters?

- %500 progress
    - Traits are now only A,B,C, and D
    - ???

That's it. No third thing (in other words, no more Trait Class bonus for being a certain race).

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2010
    I take it that also means freakers can no longer apply their traits to dickery rolls

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    I take it that also means freakers can no longer apply their traits to dickery rolls

No reason for that to change?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited November 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

No reason for that to change?

that was the Freaker's "racial"

every other race got a bonus trait class

and since those are being taken out I assumed that was too

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.