As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where it's [chat]

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    eldrendil is cute and you know it

Nerdgasmic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    So my fiance and I did DC.

I had some fun with it.

http://gallery.me.com/syndalis#100060

cute, synd

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I just ego searched myself.

Preacher and Ludious have a creepy obsession with me.

oh, fuck those posers. I am the only one who has sculpted your likeness in meat, Justin. I am the only one who truly understands your inner beauty.

THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP INFRACTING ME?!

JustinSane07 on
    edited November 2010
    also, I am totally going to call you Popo now

Elldren is Nana

Nerdgasmic on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

oh, fuck those posers. I am the only one who has sculpted your likeness in meat, Justin. I am the only one who truly understands your inner beauty.

Cause you're not very nice to people?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010

I jealously guard your light for myself.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Will, have you watched Sherlock on Masterpiece Theatre?

You should watch Sherlock on Masterpiece Theatre.

i haven't

i really don't watch TV anymore, so i just don't even know what's on and when to watch it. i guess i don't even think of it actually.

i used to like masterpiece theater though. what makes the new sherlock good?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Everyone should watch this, it is pretty great. Usually I hate time-shifting established things like this, but it works really well.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    apparently only nerd calls me eldrendil

okay I don't need to bother

Elendil on
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Elldren is Nana
    I'm Nana

Elendil on
    edited November 2010
    :x

Also, I got gold

Nerdgasmic on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am really tired of having no money.

I am tempted to put SC2 on my credit card and just pay off the minimum balance until I get a job but that seems unwise.

Inquisitor on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm watching Notting Hill.

I always loved this movie.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

Elldren is Nana
    I'm Nana

you about to be Nothin

Nerdgasmic on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    So my fiance and I did DC.

I had some fun with it.

http://gallery.me.com/syndalis#100060

cute, synd

I thought so... gonna do something similar for the rally footage, and then go ahead and make one of those annoying 20-30 minute long photo album things, with background music and transitions.

What I have learned from this trip is that we need to have a kid who is old enough to hold the camera so we can get some footage of us together. Such footage is totally absent from our trip, save some photos where we myspace'd up the place, and fewer still where I trusted some schlub on the street with my iPhone to get a pic of us.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Elldren is Nana

who am I then

tyrannus on
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am tempted to put SC2 on my credit card and just pay off the minimum balance until I get a job but that seems unwise.

Credit card debt is pretty much the worst possible debt. Except maybe "loan shark who will cut off your body parts" debt.

Corvus on
    edited November 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

I know, right? If everyone ignored shitty posts, then NO ONE would see Justin's posts.

OH LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND IN MY EGO SEARCH

JustinSane07 on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    missing eyes are sexy

I would agree with eyepatches, but the actual missing eye status itself does nothing for me.

extra hole

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Corvus wrote: »

Credit card debt is pretty much the worst possible debt. Except maybe "loan shark who will cut off your body parts" debt.

I mean, I could pay the minimum no problem. And my grand total credit card debt would be, SC2. Its just that I have like, $40 to my name right now.

Inquisitor on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I know, right? If everyone ignored shitty posts, then NO ONE would see Justin's posts.

your sig is quality

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited November 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

Elldren is Nana

who am I then

buttlord

Nerdgasmic on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

LOL. <3

I got nuttin' but love for you bro.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

Elldren is Nana

who am I then

buttlord

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010

i haven't

i really don't watch TV anymore, so i just don't even know what's on and when to watch it. i guess i don't even think of it actually.

It's set in the present day, which is potentially hugely gimmicky but they actually make it work. (And Watson still gets to be a soldier home from Afghanistan, etc.) It's created and written by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, who write for and produce the new Doctor Who and have shows like Jekyll (which was also excellent) and Coupling in their resumes, and who are really good at fun, character-driven adventure. And Watson is played by Martin Freeman (Tim from the UK Office, Arthur Dent from the Hitchhiker's Guide movie), who does an excellent job and really grounds the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUGJSknnWM

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I generally can't be bothered to ego search. Yet I have a mysterious ability to check the [chat] thread at the exact moment VH thinks I'm not looking and talks smack about me. :P

Regina Fong on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Pay-day loans are in between them.

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    your sig is quality

You think I got this sig cuz I'm slow? Think again. TIMES UP! I got this cuz I'm faaaaassstttttt.

JustinSane07 on
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Pay-day loan places should be outlawed.

Regina Fong on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I mean, I could pay the minimum no problem. And my grand total credit card debt would be, SC2. Its just that I have like, $40 to my name right now.
    I have considered getting another credit card to pay next months rent...

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

pretty sure student loans aren't discharged even in bankruptcy

so those are p bad

tyrannus on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So glad I went out for dinner. Sweet delicious Thai food <3.

Incenjucar on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Pay-day loan places should be outlawed.
    Pay day loans you apply for online is by far the worstest thing you could ever do to yourself.

Nothing like a 300 dollar loan that generates 75 dollars in interest every 15 days. Good times.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited November 2010
    I have 7 minutes left on my free SC2 trial.

I wonder if it will kick me out mid game.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010

Well, just paying only your minimum balance every month is pretty bad for you, and hard to get out of.

I mean, if its the difference between eating and not, yeah. Otherwise, best to be avoided.

Corvus on
    edited November 2010
    As someone who was once mired in about 10k credit card debt, let me be the first to say don't do it. If grandma hadn't loved me I would probably still be in debt.

Regina Fong on
    edited November 2010

Well, just paying only your minimum balance every month is pretty bad for you, and hard to get out of.

I mean, if its the difference between eating and not, yeah. Otherwise, best to be avoided.

I mean, for context, I currently live at home and have no real life expenses. I just have no entertainment budget at the moment. I should be getting a job pretty soon though. Being patient is just annoying is all.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010

i haven't

It's set in the present day, which is potentially hugely gimmicky but they actually make it work. (And Watson still gets to be a soldier home from Afghanistan, etc.) It's created and written by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, who write for and produce the new Doctor Who and have shows like Jekyll (which was also excellent) and Coupling in their resumes, and who are really good at fun, character-driven adventure. And Watson is played by Martin Freeman (Tim from the UK Office, Arthur Dent from the Hitchhiker's Guide movie), who does an excellent job and really grounds the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUGJSknnWM

Also, the guy who plays Sherlock has a real name even more outlandish than his character's name. Benedict Cumberbatch is possibly the most British name ever.

It helps that he does a hell of a job with Holmes, he's one of the few I've seen where I don't immediately think "this guy looks like a drunken chimp compared to Jeremy Brett"

Corvus on
    edited November 2010
    holy crap only 15 more posts to 60k

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.