As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Vegas, Baby!

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Veronica is one of the only characters who can wear Power Armor (Boone is another, because he can wear NCR Salvaged Power Armor - but I believe you will have to murder one for it).

What is REALLY annoying is they cannot even carry the armor with them. They just drop it. So you have to carry a lot of faction related stuff yourself.

Boone can also wear the only non-registered T-51b armor in the game

At least I think there's only one or you buy it

Regardless, it's not just salvaged armor

But yeah you gotta murder for salvaged

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    haha, who's the poor fucker with the t-45d

Raul. He's old, he gets the old power armour.
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    No one will wear the hooker outfits I give them.

There is so many mods to fix that. so many. even one that replaces ED-E with a hooker bot.

Melding on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I finally got to the strip. Lucky Gomez is level 14 now. Yes Man is hilarious.

Benny got away, so I have to go all the way to camp fort to get the damn chip. I just got the Mark of Caesar, so I should have an easy trip there. Boone is going to take a few days off and hang out at the 38. :)

DouglasDanger on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There are only three throwing weapons? God damnit.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Companions can only wear their own faction armor, not others. They can't even carry it, they drop it on the ground.

jwalk on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone
    give benny a stealth boy so he could escape?

Tube on
    edited November 2010
    Can you stealthily knife someone in the back and not alert everyone in the room

Zen Vulgarity on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone

turns the whole camp hostile, iirc

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited November 2010
    Unless you sneak out yourself

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010
    Man, the trek from my closest landmark-- bitter springs-- to the cottonwood cove, was a damn nightmare. Cazadores all over the damn place, I left Boone at the 38, ED-E was goddamn worthless. I get all the way to dock, go for a boat ride, and try to go into Caesar's tent. The guard says only you may enter. I turn around to tell ED-E to stay, and he's not there. I try fast traveling to different places, check Primm and the 38, wander around the last place I remember him doing anything, the one boathouse near Bitter Springs, and I CANNOT FIND THE FOOL. Dammit. Two hours down the drain.

DouglasDanger on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ED-E should hopefully be at the entrance to the Fort, i.e. the area where you first appear when you take the boat. I had the disappearing party member problem with Veronica and that's where she appeared.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do either of these ED-E related solutions help? (pc only I guess)
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Echilda wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    jwalk wrote: »
    ED-E won't follow us down into vault 34... he doesn't like the rads I guess??

He may be broken after finishing his questline. To fix him, first empty his inventory because you'll lose everything you stored on him. Then open the console, click him, then type these commands in this order:
    disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

And then he'll start following and shooting with you again.

Does using the console disable achievements?

Googled this.
    "WARNING: Using console commands in the Steam version of Fallout: New Vegas will prevent you from obtaining achievements! If you shut down and restart the game they will enable again! "
    Borommakot wrote: »
    If ED-E disappears on you just open up the console and do

prid 001732d1 (Regular ED-E)
    001732D0 (Upgraded Weapons)
    001732CF (Upgraded Armor)

moveto player

And ED-E is back.

Depending on your mods this may not be the prid for ED-E in your game, this is for vanilla

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I try not to think about the stuff I lost inside Ed-E after his "retooling" dissapearance.

Also: If you are wandering around Red Rock Canyon (or whatever it's called) watch out for getting stuck in the ground causing you to load an old save. Thank god for auto saves.

Trying to blast yourself out with mines and dynamite will not work, FYI.

Caveman Paws on
    edited November 2010
    I wound up finishing the game with two ED-E's since my first one fucked off someone and couldn't find them. Tried moving him to me NOPE.

And then through repeated console fuckery not only did I make another ED-E but when I moved them both showed up at the Lucky 38.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have the strangest quandary on my current character
    I have purchased almost everything I could possibly want and still have 40,000 caps

there is literally no need for me to loot a body. certainly not the bodies of basic legionaries or fiends

but I still do
    still chasin' that carrot

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    I wish I could run businesses and buy property

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i sure do wish someone would gift me this game on steam

yep

i suuuuure do

Pony on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have purchased almost everything I could possibly want and still have 40,000 caps

there is literally no need for me to loot a body. certainly not the bodies of basic legionaries or fiends

but I still do

Buy a better body.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

but I still do

Buy a better body.

I actually did this. I hit the 32k jackpot on slots, so i bought all the implants. Eventually you just have more caps than necessary since you arent buying armor or weapons anymore.

Firematic. on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone

nope
    Took him in a fight to the death.

Did his voice acting seem kinda off during this section to anyone else?
    Dude is about to die and he doesn't particularly seem to care

Love that video.

101 on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Did anyone

nope
    Took him in a fight to the death.

Did his voice acting seem kinda off during this section to anyone else?
    Dude is about to die and he doesn't particularly seem to care

Love that video.

That's totally in line with Benny's personality. He plays it cool all the time.
    What else is he going to do? He's pretty much accepted his death at that point.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    up in the mountains one time, I looked back and boone was just constantly reloading his repeater, just clickclickclickclickclickclick

Langly on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i tried starting up an energy weapons character and got bored immediately because i couldn't punch anything

Squall on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I've got all of the unique punchy weapons now

unless there's a unique ballistic fist

Abracadaniel on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    boy I wish

Squall on
    edited November 2010
    I completed Boone's quest, now I think I will go find Raul.

DouglasDanger on
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The House Always Wins is done

Now who should I side with

I have a question about this vis-a-vis the other "story quest" paths:
    I'm trying to do a pro-NCR run. I am assuming that completing the "For the Republic" quest line means I am backing NCR at the Hoover Dam.

How do the "House Always Wins" or "Change of Management" quest lines play into that? I interpreted them as "backing Mr. House" or "backing yourself/Yes Man," respectively (i.e. they are alternative routes to the end).

Are these lines all divergent, or can I (for example) side with Mr. House *and* back the NCR?

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The House Always Wins is done

Now who should I side with

I have a question about this vis-a-vis the other "story quest" paths:
    I'm trying to do a pro-NCR run. I am assuming that completing the "For the Republic" quest line means I am backing NCR at the Hoover Dam.

How do the "House Always Wins" or "Change of Management" quest lines play into that? I interpreted them as "backing Mr. House" or "backing yourself/Yes Man," respectively (i.e. they are alternative routes to the end).

Are these lines all divergent, or can I (for example) side with Mr. House *and* back the NCR?

No.
    For The Republic has a part where you have to kill House.

The choices don't combine. You can side with yourself (Yes Man), you can side with NCR, or Legion, or House. Doing too many of one faction's loyalty quests will lock out the others.

freakish light on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    Every faction but house will require you to kill house

Tube on
    edited November 2010
    I can't get Old School Ghoul to trigger. I think I may learned Ranger Takedown a long time ago, when I first started out. However, there was an option to convince Ranger Andy he is still a good dude, and he taught me it again. Raul won't talk about him though, so the quest won't trigger. I've tried waiting around for a few hours. Do you have to wait so many days?

DouglasDanger on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    if you side with house you can ally with ncr at the end, by passing a speech checfk

Langly on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can't get Old School Ghoul to trigger. I think I may learned Ranger Takedown a long time ago, when I first started out. However, there was an option to convince Ranger Andy he is still a good dude, and he taught me it again. Raul won't talk about him though, so the quest won't trigger. I've tried waiting around for a few hours. Do you have to wait so many days?

Nah, that's a bug, which the thing you just linked to has a solution for. There's also this mod.

Dux on
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks all - that is exactly what I needed to know.
    I was itching to kill the smug bastard anyway.

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
    edited November 2010
    Dux wrote: »

Nah, that's a bug, which the thing you just linked to has a solution for. There's also this mod.

AHHHH I am playing on ps3.

DouglasDanger on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Well, that's too bad. Guess you'll have to wait for an official patch then!

Dux on
    edited November 2010

Well, that's too bad. Guess you'll have to wait for an official patch then!

I guess I will try talking to Corp. Sterling, and if that doesn't work, I will dismiss Raul and use him on a different character/playthrough.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2010
    Ok, Meltdown is *fantastic*.

BUT I'm gonna have to change my strategy. I took the tri-beam laser as my close-range spray-n-pray weapon.. yeah that's not gonna work.

Put that away and grabbed the light machine gun (249 dps :^:) for close range and then switched to the scoped laser rifle.

Blew up an entire camp of fiends with 1 shot from a mile away ... they never knew what hit them, just alla sudden bodies exploding everywhere. :lol:

The laser rifle scope has almost no "sway" it's great for sniping. Not as much punch as the anti-material obviously but fun for sniping groups.

jwalk on
    edited November 2010
    So for my last perk should I take Nerves of Steel (faster AP regen) or Math Wrath (AP costs reduced by 10%)? Or something else like, Silent Running or Light Step or even Toughness?

How good is Nerves of Steel? I have about every other VATS perk, and use it a lot (Commando, Action Boy, Sniper, Concentrated Fire, Grim Reaper's ..)

edit: oh shit I realized I only took 1 level of Action Boy and there's 2... so should I take that again (+15 AP) or Nerves (+20% AP regen, according to the wikki..) HMMMMM

jwalk on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Quick question about pissing off the NCR
    I activated the Archimedes and it put me to shunned with NCR

Not long after that I got waylaid by a ranger group telling me I have 3 days to shape up

I'm level 9 with dinky weapons and haven't even been to the strip yet, will this make things a pain in the ass for me in the future

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.