As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Italian Rapier [Chat]

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I am on pyschiatric medicine so I don't commit suicide. That's not the same as getting high/drunk.

It is for some people.

_J_ on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    elendil, will you be up for smash bros this weekend

don't flake out on me like than did with titan quest

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Pot/booze is overrated, especially more than a once in a while thing.

What would you suggest to serve the roll of pot / booze?

Just doing what you would have done without altering your mind.

altering your mind is very fun though!

Yeah but it's not for everybody.

Wait wait wait.

You can't maintain that altering one's mind is not for everyone after stating that you are on Loxapine.

Medicine /= Recreation. She needs Loxapine to function.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's just never happened for me. I'm 6'4" and a big dude. I've drank plenty. I just have never sat down and said "It's time to get drunk.", and it's never happened socially either.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am on pyschiatric medicine so I don't commit suicide. That's not the same as getting high/drunk.

It is for some people.

Ok we're not having this conversation because otherwise I will rage.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    J once again

you are

bad at logic

Why did you get off MSN

I hate you

You're not even my real dad

i'm not off MSN

you aren't using MSN

you don't get to talk to me about not using MSN when you aren't even really using it

Pony on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will admit it sounds very strange to me when people say they've never been drunk.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It is for some people.

J you are pretty bad at logic

go lay down

Pony on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Haha, the keyboard right-click works. Slightly easier than pressing ctrl+c.

laziness++

Tamin on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    J once again

you are

bad at logic

Why did you get off MSN

I hate you

You're not even my real dad

i'm not off MSN

you aren't using MSN

you don't get to talk to me about not using MSN when you aren't even really using it

SUCK MY DICK MEEBO.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm 22 and I've never been drunk.

And that definitely makes you an oddity. It doesn't make me think less of you as a person, but it makes you an odd duck. May I inquire as to why you've never been drunk? I've heard plenty of good responses mind you. For some people its a control thing (they don't want to give what they view as control of themselves over to alcohol). For some its a fear or doing something stupid. For some its their family has a history of alcoholism and they just don't want any truck with the stuff at all.

But, if you feel like answering the question, I'm a curious man.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's just never happened for me. I'm 6'4" and a big dude. I've drank plenty. I just have never sat down and said "It's time to get drunk.", and it's never happened socially either.

I had a friend, about the same height, probably 240+ pounds

never got drunk unless he really tried to

and then the only time in the space that I knew him he got drunk, he died in a car accident

I don't drink.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i've known lots of people who, well into adulthood, have never been drunk

however in almost all cases, they are people who have made the active choice not to drink (or at the very least, never to excess) due to religion or culture or whatever

Pony on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I've never liked mini skirts.

they're great until a strong gust of wind shows up and I get a chill in my nethers

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    i want to get high :(

it's been months!

any reason?
    Roommate is not okay with it.

Honestly? You're better off.
    I don't see how. I never smoked a whole lot, ever. Certainly never enough to get any of the negative long-term side effects. Being denied the ability to indulge and have a good time every once in a while just sort of sucks. It's not like a huge deal but it was a fun activity I enjoyed doing.

Having the freedom to indulge at leisure can sometimes open you up to unhealthy amounts of use.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

smash what

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    _J_

shut

the heck

up

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been told I'm an awesome drunk to be around.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Very possibly. I just checked the local mall, which doesn't have the best selection. I'd've loved to spend more time shopping in Toronto when I was there, but my family stole me for dinner.

Maybe do an online search or something like that for stores in your area. I'd imagine actually buying online isn't an option for you, you probably need to try things on, eh? Otherwise I'd suggest a couple of the sites I frequent for long skirts.

I'm not too worried about that, to be honest. Women's L fits me just fine. I'd need to measure my leg length for anything that wants to make sure it hits my ankles, though.

Link ahead!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It is for some people.

Ok we're not having this conversation because otherwise I will rage.

Good times.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Ah, that's fair. For someone of your size yeah, it would take considerable effort to get drunk. I have a friend built similarly to you and when I am utterly gone wasted out of my mind he is like "yeah, I've got a buzz." I've seen him like, drunk drunk maybe once ever, and he had to put conscious effort into getting there.

So, that's something I can completely understand.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

smash what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbqLIrUHuE

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The only time I've ever had a mind altering substance is when I twisted my ankle really bad when I was 18 or so. My mom gave me what she said was a morphine pill. I was in agony in bed. Took the pill. Conan came on.

That was the funniest shit ever.

Then I slept for 15 hours.

Ludious on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Working in a restaurant ruins restaurants after a while

ignorance truly is bliss sometimes

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I guess it springs from that fact that is easy to do these thing safely and normally and you can step back from that experience and either not do it or do it again. Intoxication is a different experience for most people so I don't really get the attitude of 'I know I won't like it'

I'm thrilled by the idea of experiencing new sensations and things

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

And that definitely makes you an oddity. It doesn't make me think less of you as a person, but it makes you an odd duck. May I inquire as to why you've never been drunk? I've heard plenty of good responses mind you. For some people its a control thing (they don't want to give what they view as control of themselves over to alcohol). For some its a fear or doing something stupid. For some its their family has a history of alcoholism and they just don't want any truck with the stuff at all.

I'd a tad older, and it's really a combination of what you've mentioned. Alcoholism runs in the family; I know I get addicted to things very easily (games, forums); probably a bit of the control factor in there.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also, I mean, for perspective. I live in SoCal. I am surprised when people tell me that they have never smoked weed before.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Partly the first and third, but most of it is simply that the smell of alcohol - any alcohol, from beer to bourbon to Communion wine - nauseates me. It used to be a lot worse, in that I no longer need to have my hand over my nose and mouth if someone at the table is having a Yuengling, but I still don't think I would be able to ingest any alcohol for a noticeable period of time.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it's probably the same for restaurant inspectors

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The only time I've ever had a mind altering substance is when I twisted my ankle really bad when I was 18 or so. My mom gave me what she said was a morphine pill. I was in agony in bed. Took the pill. Conan came on.

yep that sounds like morphine alright

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok Pony I've checked three IM clients and you are not on MSN on any of them so just... check and make sure you're on MSN :x

• Options
    edited November 2010

yep that sounds like morphine alright

Morphine is pretty great.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    I'd a tad older, and it's really a combination of what you've mentioned. Alcoholism runs in the family; I know I get addicted to things very easily (games, forums); probably a bit of the control factor in there.

And I can respect that. Generally if its just a control/fear thing I try to see if I can get people to look at drinking in a different light, frame it in a context that they might enjoy. The alcoholism running in the family thing is one that I will absolutely never give anyone any guff over. I definitely know that I've made life choices based on what runs in my family.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    not only have i gotten drunk

it's faster to name drugs i haven't done

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cass, do you have gtalk

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've never liked mini skirts.

One of my life goals is to wake up one morning and go "Wow, being fully clothed neck to toes and/or wearing underwear feels really weird, alien, boring, and stuffy."

No aspersions cast on what you do, I just see myself going down another path.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I work for the government so I can't risk marijuana, but if it's ever legalized, I will be first in line for the stickiest of the icky.

Ludious on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i want to get high :(

it's been months!

any reason?
    Roommate is not okay with it.

Honestly? You're better off.
    I don't see how. I never smoked a whole lot, ever. Certainly never enough to get any of the negative long-term side effects. Being denied the ability to indulge and have a good time every once in a while just sort of sucks. It's not like a huge deal but it was a fun activity I enjoyed doing.

Having the freedom to indulge at leisure can sometimes open you up to unhealthy amounts of use.
    True, but for the most part when I was living in Ramsey I did have the freedom to indulge, pretty much every night if I wanted to.

Even with all that I never really smoked more than a couple times a week.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cass, do you have gtalk

Uhhh I have gmail so I assume I do yes

• Options
    edited November 2010
    not only have i gotten drunk

it's faster to name drugs i haven't done

Did drugs tend to make your life better or worse?

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.