As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops (BLOPS) Enemy New Thread, in your area

1565758596062»

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Is there a password for join reserved slots on the server?

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this on a ranked server.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    donhonk wrote: »
    Still waiting for the internet backlash so I can get this game cheaper. And not let Activision see any of my revenue.

(oh who am i kidding)

Yay! It's been too long.

Also, one of the most traumatising things in this game involved a teammate unleashng dogs on spider (who willingly wanted to be on the other team) and just hearing constant yelps over the course of a few minutes D:

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BTW, I tested the Reflex vs Red Dot for differing magnification, and came to the conclusion that they are identical.

I started up a private game, parked myself in the exact same spot (a corner, so there would be no errors in spacing) and aimed at the same circular object with both scopes on the same gun, using a certain reticle to use as a measuring aid.

No difference, so I think we can safely say this one is Myth Busted.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    one of the devs (vahn or something) said he is looking into getting 12 player playlists for ranked servers on twitter

interesting

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I still prefer the reflex. Even if they are the same it just feels better.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The best ever?
    Probably
    70057923.png

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    pardzh wrote: »
    Nuketown sucks johnsons.

Nuketown is a novel idea that turned out to make for a shitty map.

coolest concept, worst map

do they have to make a shipment for every game contractually or something

Some of us enjoy the tiny maps. Nuketown is a blast. (See what I did there?)

Although I would never play it with 18 people. That sounds pretty ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Whenever nuke town comes up I just grab my assault rifle of choice and lay prone next to a building and camp one of the exits of the building across from me. Doing the whole "run and die" thing is far too frustrating on that map.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The best ever?
    Probably
    70057923.png

Thats pretty damn awesome.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wish I could take a photo of mine, it's a round black kitty face on a white square with yellow eyes and a pink nose.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The thing is so damn flexible. So many possibilities.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't really messed with it much. Just made a quicky a few days ago

blopsemblem1.jpg

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

And yet there so many people I see in the game with just one layer filled. It makes me sad.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

And yet there so many people I see in the game with just one layer filled. It makes me sad.

Or they use something boring like skulls or the "FAIL" one.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I saw my first swastika emblem online today. My friend remarked how surprising it was that it took this long. Also saw one that had a horse with a big dong peeing on a guy...or maybe something else. I just couldn't report him, because he obviously put a lot of work into it. :lol:

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I don't want to read 40 pages of thread to see if you guys already knew, but did you guys know that
    Zork in its entirety
    is in the game? Because that is the coolest easter egg ever.

glithert on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Apparently the Nuketown secret is that if you headshot all the mannequins it starts playing the Stones.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have decided that playing with pubbies is lame and dumb and I would rather play with PAers.

I'm on the 360, gamertag is Sagaxus. I am incredibly sexy and also going to play in about 15 minutes. Join me if you are pro enough to handle it.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I always wanted to design a military patch.

shot0004ca.jpg

Hoz on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is kinda making me want to change mine up a bit, mine is a kind of boring mountain with a moon and cloud on it.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Apparently the Nuketown secret is that if you headshot all the mannequins it starts playing the Stones.

My friend told me something about a meteor and a "secret song" in zombies
    I have no idea what he's talking about

glithert on
  • Options
    n0xidn0xid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    f9e084a4.jpg

n0xid on
    n0xids.png
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    aphextwin_logo[1].gif

Can I expect to be able to make this?

donhonk on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is this game out on PC?

The british Direct2Drive has an offer that lasts until tomorrow where you can get 25% any game, including CODBLOPS.

Peewi on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    donhonk wrote: »
    aphextwin_logo[1].gif

Can I expect to be able to make this?
    No.

Hoz on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    I always wanted to design a military patch.

shot0004ca.jpg

HARRY POTTER!!!!!

joshgotro on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Theater mode refuses to upload my video to the website. It says it's been uploaded, but it doesn't show up.
    :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    AK-74u or whatever the SMG is called totally rocks faces, like it did in CoD4. Lovin this thing whenever the M-14 decides to be fickle.

Arrath on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Is this game out on PC?

The british Direct2Drive has an offer that lasts until tomorrow where you can get 25% any game, including CODBLOPS.

I just saw that and was coming here to ask about it, It comes out to 48$ CAD on the UK site as opposed to 59.99 everywhere else..anyone know if there's any downside to buying a UK version? I.e will it try to default my into UK Servers or anything like that?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    Do you keep anything when you prestige? Like camo and face paint?

You only keep the things related to your gamercard. So icons and backgrounds. If you have a lot of CP before your next prestige, I advise to spend it all on clipart and backgrounds :)
    Oh, lifetime challenges also stick. Other than that: tabula rasa.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Is this game out on PC?

I just saw that and was coming here to ask about it, It comes out to 48$ CAD on the UK site as opposed to 59.99 everywhere else..anyone know if there's any downside to buying a UK version? I.e will it try to default my into UK Servers or anything like that?

Had no problem myself buying it in the USA from the UK site. Showed servers all over.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Theater mode refuses to upload my video to the website. It says it's been uploaded, but it doesn't show up.

Give it time. A long time, their servers are abit overloaded.
    Mine took about 5 hours to finaly appear.
    Joril wrote: »

You only keep the things related to your gamercard. So icons and backgrounds. If you have a lot of CP before your next prestige, I advise to spend it all on clipart and backgrounds :)

Apparently retcile colours also carry over. So does the the emblem and clan tag option on every gun you bought them for.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Mine took a long time during the week and I'm sure they're getting a lot more on the weekend as I had one I rendered at 1 and it's still not up.

Magell on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well guys it's time for a new thred; since no one said anything, I will copy the OP in it's entirety and get the new one going.

Here we go: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=17312105#post17312105

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Give it time. A long time, their servers are abit overloaded.
    Mine took about 5 hours to finaly appear.
    Joril wrote: »

Apparently retcile colours also carry over. So does the the emblem and clan tag option on every gun you bought them for.

That's good to know, I haven't had the time to level my prestige up to the point where I can check for myself. But only reticule colours and not shapes? Could it be a bug that colour doesn't get reset? Anyway, doesn't really matter because those upgrades cost next to nothing.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    apparently people have found a way to make ranked servers give out 1 million exp for 1 kill or a suicide

so, be cautious on pubs if you value your exp or shit

pcdev on twitter (apparently blackops' pc rep according to vahn) is aware of it apparently though, so hopefully it will get fixed in the next patch

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    eekseeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Magell wrote: »
    I was in a lobby that kept voting for Nuketown so I left it. I did get the Shotgun Psychopath contract done running around with the SPAS though and that felt good. Nuketown can be super frustrating especially when people are just camping and not playing domination.

The first game the guy on the other team was sniping and got 40+ kills and before was talking about he was going to poop on us and made a pooping noise at the end even though we won so I started arguing with him, because fuck him, and then we were on the same team and combined for close to 80 kills and it was good.

How do you super camp Nuketown? As a sniper? And get 40 kills? Unless the enemy is terribad?

eeks on
    Eeks aka Erik K
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    eeks wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    I was in a lobby that kept voting for Nuketown so I left it. I did get the Shotgun Psychopath contract done running around with the SPAS though and that felt good. Nuketown can be super frustrating especially when people are just camping and not playing domination.

The first game the guy on the other team was sniping and got 40+ kills and before was talking about he was going to poop on us and made a pooping noise at the end even though we won so I started arguing with him, because fuck him, and then we were on the same team and combined for close to 80 kills and it was good.

How do you super camp Nuketown? As a sniper? And get 40 kills? Unless the enemy is terribad?

He was prone behind the bomb shelter that is near the spawn of C side.

Magell on