As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited January 2011 in Social Entropy++
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood comes out tonight/tomorrow and it's got multiplayer and shit so let's do it

It's the sequel to Assassin's Creed 2: Fucking Awesome, which was the sequel to Assassin's Creed: Should Have Spent Another Year Making This Game

i wish i'd replayed AC2 recently to get recaught up on the story but too much stuff came out so now I'l just read the wiki

who wants to stab each other

Garlic Bread on

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Does this one have a stupid story like the other two, or is it just "here do cool assassin shit with your bros"

Clint Eastwood on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want this but I'm probably not gonna get it until Christmas

Speed Racer on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2010
    Does this one have a stupid story like the other two, or is it just "here do cool assassin shit with your bros"

it has a story that will probably be awesome until the last cutscene which will be stupid as shit, just like the last two

Garlic Bread on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This game would be so awesome if they just cut the future bullshit from it. I loved 2, and I have no idea why they couldnt just make an awesome game set during that time period about a guy named Ezio, and instead had to inject it with
    aliens and nonsense which does not add anything to the narrative and instead obscures its most interesting aspects.

But also yes I want to stab and be stabbed

GT: prohass

Prohass on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love how completely off the rails the story goes by the end of 2

Grey Ghost on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2010
    also the first issue (of three) of the comic book came out this week and it was pretty cool

but that was to be expected because it's by Karl Kerschl and Cameron Stewart who are both ballers

Garlic Bread on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah the story is fun in an MGS sorta way

Speed Racer on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I'm just gonna play sands of time instead, actually.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited November 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I love how completely off the rails the story goes by the end of 2

i think I would've been fine with it if it was built up during the game. or even little hints thrown into the da vinci code stuff

but it's just like
    ALIEN GODS NEED YOU TO STOP A SOLAR FLARE WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO GAME OVER

just like

what the fuck

Garlic Bread on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just love that it follows the completely rigid conspiracy theorist law which is
    it always boils down to aliens. always. at the end of every government super plot it is always aliens at the bottom of everything.

Langly on
    edited November 2010
    I basically just ignore the whole future part and imagine that we have an awesome War of the Roses style period piece with Borgias-style families.

Why cant we have that video game developers? Some of us arent 13 and dont need scifi dues-ex-machina garbage in everything we play.

For me the best parts of 2 were helping your family and being a general scoundrel at the beginning, it went downhill from there.

Prohass on
    edited November 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I just love that it follows the completely rigid conspiracy theorist law which is
    it always boils down to aliens. always. at the end of every government super plot it is always aliens at the bottom of everything.

jew lizards from the moon did 9/11

Clint Eastwood on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Keith basically summed up my feelings of both the AC games in a single sentence

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have a confession, fellows

I never played AC2, and never finished AC because I got bored of the same shit all the time

1) Does AC2 repair that, 2) should I play AC2, 3) on a scale from one to Russell, how retarded am I for skipping AC2

and 4) if I should get it, what system

Ledneh on
    edited November 2010
    AC2 is the awesome game hiding underneath all of AC1's flaws

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »

I never played AC2, and never finished AC because I got bored of the same shit all the time

1) Does AC2 repair that, 2) should I play AC2, 3) on a scale from one to Russell, how retarded am I for skipping AC2

if you liked Assassin's Creed in the least bit, you'll love AC2

It fixed 99% of AC's flaws

as for system I don't think it really matters (other than PC)

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2010
    AC2 is carried entirely by Ezio and awesome art design

Prohass on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    no I think AC2 is carried by the fact that it is a fucking awesome video game

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Prohass wrote: »
    AC2 is carried entirely by Ezio and awesome art design

no

those things helped

but it was carried by the fact that it was a good game

Vivixenne on
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If they do nothing but fix the few issues that AC2 had this game will be great.

Issues like when I got stuck on stairs, that was the most frustrating thing ever.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why is not buying it on PC a factor

Ledneh on
    edited November 2010
    Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »

I played some of AC and disliked it after not very long, for many of the same reasons you did, so I didn't finish it... just watched my roommate finish it, really

then I picked up AC2 and could not put it down until I was completely finished with the game

so yeah, AC2 is a significant leap up from AC

Vivixenne on
    edited November 2010
    How long is this game? Is it comparable to AC2?

Prohass on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I am getting this for the PStriple unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No PC release until Q1 2011? Boooooooo.

Hacksaw on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the pr campaign at PAX for this was really, really good. They also gave out cookies.

George Fornby Grill on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh must wait till next paycheck to buy

YaYa on
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seems like a few Australian folks are getting this we should stab dudes

I am excited for this game

Can't wait for Thursday!

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I completed AC2 lastnight and holy fuck that ending:
    a hologram of super old yet incredibly advanced civilisation talks TO ME, breaking the fourth wall about some solar flare stuff. And this is after I break into the Vatican and beat the shit out of the Pope.

Desmond's line after seeing all of this is word for word what the player is thinking.

Because honestly, what the fuck?

Karl on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    I completed AC2 lastnight and holy fuck that ending:
    a hologram of super old yet incredibly advanced civilisation talks TO ME, breaking the fourth wall about some solar flare stuff. And this is after I break into the Vatican and beat the shit out of the Pope.

Desmond's line after seeing all of this is word for word what the player is thinking.

Because honestly, what the fuck?

I loved that part,
    Where she turns to you. And tells Ezio to shut up.

Gave me goosebumps.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I must be in the minority because I love the shit out of all the
    pre-human civilisation stuff

AC2 was an awesome game, throughout.

I'm looking forward to Brotherhood but I'm being cautiously optimistic because of the recruitment aspect of the game. It didn't work in MGS : Portable Ops and isn't a game mechanic I'm fond of.

Bad-Beat on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The whole building an army thing seems to be the way I like it. Basically so long as you make yourself awesome and keep yourself supplied and rich, so too shall your followers.

And I totally pre-ordered this just for the Harlequin because fuck yesssss

Gatsby on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm straight up going to stab some dudes in the eyes.

Hunter on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember seeing a part in that Burn My Shadow trailer where you stab some dude up through the throat/chin then blast him off with the gun. That part sold the game to me.

Gatsby on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

That was one of my favourite counter kills.

Karl on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »

That was one of my favourite counter kills.

Mine too.

I also enjoyed the counter when you had a big sword or an axe and you swing it right into the guy's crotch and leave it there. The guard makes a little jump up and then slumps to the ground.

Hunter on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When I get it I'm playing through the storyline first because I have to, and then will I play multiplayer.

But holy shit can I not wait to play that multiplayer. It looks really good and somewhat inventive which is something good to see in games these days.

Oghulk on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked AC and loved AC2.

I loved the meta-plot, except for the end kinda.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I must be in the minority because I love the shit out of all the
    pre-human civilisation stuff

I'm with you. I loved finding the glyphs/piecing together the conspiracy stuff. My only disappointment was at how much that last scene in the Vatican gave away. Some things are a lot more interesting when they're only hinted at but I guess they needed to move the story forward.

I really should wait until I finish my current freelancing workload before I buy this game...

DMAC on