Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

80's music is [chat]

1505153555659

Posts

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    pics

    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Our chem lab professor is actually hilarious. He curses and tells offensive jokes.

    Sarksus on
  • amateurhouramateurhour Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man I'm tired today.

    Work needs to end so I can go home and relax and get some sleep.

    amateurhour on
  • Bad SantaBad Santa Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm such a smartass I'm on the secret santa list 0 times!

    Bad Santa on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Woo, got my flu shot. Now I get to sit here for 15 minutes while they make sure I don't die.

    Can I get to 3,500 words in my Mage outline, hmm?

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ArchArch doctor of beetle bugs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    as an addendum to my post above

    i am not saying that you shouldn't familiarize students with the practical application of the theory they are learning

    but don't give them a cookbook and tell them to make a cake

    it never works like that

    the best lab i ever had was one where i was given a sample of liquid and was told to find out what chemical was in there

    Arch on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit SS has an avatar.

    Sig bar to come.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    sig.jpg
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santa, I'm really sorry I won't participate this year. :(

    Haphazard on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    as an addendum to my post above

    i am not saying that you shouldn't familiarize students with the practical application of the theory they are learning

    but don't give them a cookbook and tell them to make a cake

    it never works like that

    the best lab i ever had was one where i was given a sample of liquid and was told to find out what chemical was in there

    How do you do that.

    Sarksus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man I'm tired today.

    Work needs to end so I can go home and relax and get some sleep.

    I hear you, the guy I'm on the phone with right now keeps having me to explain THE SAME THINGS OVER AND FUCKING OVER! I've explained this to him but Corki is not getting it.

    Preacher on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bad Santa wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm such a smartass I'm on the secret santa list 0 times!

    Your beards fake.

    Preacher on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited November 2010
    oh my god I just had a cordial conversation with the campus devil

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ArchArch doctor of beetle bugs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    as an addendum to my post above

    i am not saying that you shouldn't familiarize students with the practical application of the theory they are learning

    but don't give them a cookbook and tell them to make a cake

    it never works like that

    the best lab i ever had was one where i was given a sample of liquid and was told to find out what chemical was in there

    How do you do that.

    analytical chemistry

    but seriously I don't remember- I know they were all ionic solutions, and you can do certain things like test whether or not you can precipitate certain ions out with specific reactions

    you can flame test for things like sodium, and a few other things

    Arch on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drink some of it and if you don't die you can cross a few things off the list.

    Sarksus on
  • ArchArch doctor of beetle bugs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i know i used silver nitrate to see if it precipitated out of the solution to test for chlorine

    i think i did anyway

    it was like four years ago

    Arch on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    preacher, if I had cash I would get you secret santa stuff

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    preacher, if I had cash I would get you secret santa stuff

    Wouldn't be much of a secret nerd.

    Preacher on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    preacher, if I had cash I would get you secret santa stuff

    Wouldn't be much of a secret nerd.

    Dat's the joke

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    preacher, if I had cash I would get you secret santa stuff

    Wouldn't be much of a secret nerd.

    Dat's the joke

    You're a joke.

    I hate you

    Preacher on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Once more into the breach Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    as an addendum to my post above

    i am not saying that you shouldn't familiarize students with the practical application of the theory they are learning

    but don't give them a cookbook and tell them to make a cake

    it never works like that

    the best lab i ever had was one where i was given a sample of liquid and was told to find out what chemical was in there

    How do you do that.

    analytical chemistry

    but seriously I don't remember- I know they were all ionic solutions, and you can do certain things like test whether or not you can precipitate certain ions out with specific reactions

    you can flame test for things like sodium, and a few other things

    I had a teacher who did this too. It was awesome. One group was given plain deionized water.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    James on
  • ArchArch doctor of beetle bugs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    as an addendum to my post above

    i am not saying that you shouldn't familiarize students with the practical application of the theory they are learning

    but don't give them a cookbook and tell them to make a cake

    it never works like that

    the best lab i ever had was one where i was given a sample of liquid and was told to find out what chemical was in there

    How do you do that.

    analytical chemistry

    but seriously I don't remember- I know they were all ionic solutions, and you can do certain things like test whether or not you can precipitate certain ions out with specific reactions

    you can flame test for things like sodium, and a few other things

    I had a teacher who did this too. It was awesome. One group was given plain deionized water.

    Hey that was my group
    easiest lab ever

    Arch on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I reformatted my computer, and now it's all up and running with updates, AV software, all the tools I need. I just need to start putting my games back on it.

    And frankly, I find myself... not caring to. I don't know what I'd play. I don't really want to yet...

    JamesKeenan on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hope I never forget any of the stuff I'm learning in bio, chem and math.

    Sarksus on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    It's not even True Thanksgiving yet!

    Silas Brown on
    CmgpQ.jpg
  • ArchArch doctor of beetle bugs Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hope I never forget any of the stuff I'm learning in bio, chem and math.

    you will forget some of it

    that is why i keep all my textbooks

    Arch on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited November 2010
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    I need to start working on Mori's gift. It's going to take some time to put together.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    liquor store boxes for EVERYONE!

    Ludious on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hope I never forget any of the stuff I'm learning in bio, chem and math.

    you will forget some of it

    that is why i keep all my textbooks

    NOOOOOO.

    Yeah I intend to keep my science and math textbooks. And my completed lab manuals and notes. And the published slides.

    Sarksus on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    I need to start working on Mori's gift. It's going to take some time to put together.

    custom molded fleshlight?

    Ludious on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    liquor store boxes for EVERYONE!

    YAAAAY

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I get access to Mastering Biology's study center until 2012.

    Sarksus on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    My christmas shopping this year is going to be so easy, my sis only wants cash/gift cards and my mom pointed out a necklace to my sis that she said she wouldn't mind having so I will probably just buy that. :P

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    sarks

    you crack me up

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nerdgasmic

    I will wreck you.

    Sarksus on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I get access to Mastering Biology's study center until 2012.

    I'm about to graduate and lose access to all sorts of journals. I am upset.

    Shivahn on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    I need to start working on Mori's gift. It's going to take some time to put together.

    custom molded fleshlight?

    Ha, no.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    today i am getting most of my christmas shopping over with

    I need to start working on Mori's gift. It's going to take some time to put together.

    custom molded fleshlight?

    I just want you to know, that I hate you Lud. One day, you'll wake up bleeding, your penis on fire, surrounded by fire ants, and this post will be written above you as I close the lid. With the dying light of your penis fire you'll know I finally had my revenge.

    Preacher on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mmmmmmmmmmmm...

    oatcake + quince paste + blue stilton = awesome!

    :D

    BobCesca on
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate christmas shopping.

    Mazzyx on
    bensig_zpsmavgybc2.png
This discussion has been closed.