As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

80's music is [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Buy her a gun and put it behind glass that says "Break in Case of Zombie Apocolypse" Bitches love that stuff.

This would perhaps be one of the worst presents someone could get me. D:

What are you allergic to glass breaking? You take all the fun out of things!

Extreme phobia of guns. Really, really bad one.

Aren't they illegal in your country anyway?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Oh, and Dyr tried out LoL yesterday. He seemed to find it just OK. I found the repetitious battle phrases annoying while he was playing.

Its only fun if you are playing with friends or pa folks. Otherwise not really that exciting.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    sarks, I beat you to the punch

now arch is mine

You did not.

videos count for twice as much as posts

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    How do projectors work? I'm going to be displaying video on a 4:3 ratio projector, but I don't know what the model is called.

If I have 1280x960 video, would that work? Like if the projector has a different resolution I assume that it scales my video.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember when videos did not even exist on the Internet.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buy her a gun and put it behind glass that says "Break in Case of Zombie Apocolypse" Bitches love that stuff.

yeah. Though the cops at airports have them which is sometimes not good with the whole panic/anxiety attack thing when they sit near me at the coffee shop with their big massive gun still slung over their shoulder.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    what is stirling silver

is it metal used in mixing bowls

It is a silver alloy that is actually useful for making things, as opposed to pure silver which is malleable enough to squish in your hands.

Well, pure silver (aka, fine silver) isn't malleable enough to squish in your hands. Not even pure gold is that malleable. But it is very soft, certainly too soft for most practical applications. A big part of the appeal of sterling silver is that it doesn't tarnish, while pure silver does.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    what is stirling silver

It is a silver alloy that is actually useful for making things, as opposed to pure silver which is malleable enough to squish in your hands.

You know what's weird? It's not actually a specific alloy. It's just something that's 92.5% silver. There are many many sterling silver alloys.

Also I am shamed at having spelled it wrong previously. Though it made for a delicious pun.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    moths are disgusting, arch

Mothra is awesome, Nerd.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Pretty much. You can get a shotgun or a small calibre rifle if you can convince a doctor that you're capable, the police have no objections, and you don't live in an urban area.

Handguns are basically right out.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can not even understand that Cesca, but I've grown up in a country full of guns. So we live in different worlds.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Get her a pair of sheer panty hose and tell her to leave them on when you make love so it'll be like the first time

Ludious on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I still need to figure out some of the gifts I'll be getting people. Thankfully I still have time.

I am getting a bur grinder for my dad. I got him a french press for his birthday this year. My mom, I have no clue. She is a pain to shop for. Probably just give her an amazon gift certificate because the women can burn through books on her kindle like a brush fire on a windy day. My friends are harder though.

Leigh will be hardest. She's tough to shop for. There aren't a lot of things she can't acquire for herself, so I need to find the things she won't buy for herself. Got her ballet tickets for her birthday. Need something different for Christmas.

A Christmas symphony dinner and date? I am not sure. I don't know her but I know you will figure out something you are the master of romance.

We won't be in the same cities for X-mas itself. And I'm doing the romantic trip away for our anniversary. Thinking I need to do something physical.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    what is stirling silver

Well, pure silver isn't malleable enough to squish in your hands. Not even pure gold is that malleable. But it is very soft, certainly too soft for most practical applications. A big part of the appeal of sterling silver is that it doesn't tarnish, while pure silver does.

They have even better alloys for that. Argentium sterling silver has germanium mixed in, which makes it even slower to tarnish.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Pretty much. You can get a shotgun or a small calibre rifle if you can convince a doctor that you're capable, the police have no objections, and you don't live in an urban area.

Handguns are basically right out.

So Guns for show, knives for a pro?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Here we can National guardsmen on the subways with M16s

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I still need to figure out some of the gifts I'll be getting people. Thankfully I still have time.

I am getting a bur grinder for my dad. I got him a french press for his birthday this year. My mom, I have no clue. She is a pain to shop for. Probably just give her an amazon gift certificate because the women can burn through books on her kindle like a brush fire on a windy day. My friends are harder though.

Leigh will be hardest. She's tough to shop for. There aren't a lot of things she can't acquire for herself, so I need to find the things she won't buy for herself. Got her ballet tickets for her birthday. Need something different for Christmas.

A Christmas symphony dinner and date? I am not sure. I don't know her but I know you will figure out something you are the master of romance.

We won't be in the same cities for X-mas itself. And I'm doing the romantic trip away for our anniversary. Thinking I need to do something physical.

Take her on a trip to France and visit CERN.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh, thank you Thibault. Now fencing makes perfect sense...

Gerard_Thibault_Mysterious_Circle.jpg

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Bob they have starter guns for people with your condition.

KittyRifle.jpg

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you're a farmer getting a shotgun is pretty simple here. All of them I know have one.

Leitner on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shivahn wrote: »
    They have even better alloys for that. Argentium sterling silver has germanium mixed in, which makes it even slower to tarnish.

Oh there are huge varieties of sterling, for sure. I was speaking more in the general sense. Unless it's chainmail I tend to like sterling primarily for enamel work.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn you're a metal worker?

No, I just decided to take up jewelry making as a hobby. I have a class tonight, actually.

Right now I'm taking casting and fabrication. When these classes end I'm gonna take intermediate fabrication, stone setting, and probably casting again because I need access to the studio to make anything.

Eventually I'd like to learn smithing and such. So I guess you could say I'm interested in becoming a metalworker, recreationally, but I'm not there yet.

My BFA is in metal and fiber work. If you've ever got any questions or just want to talk shop I'm game. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

KittyRifle.jpg
    What the heck is up with that grip?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    If you're a farmer getting a shotgun is pretty simple here. All of them I know have one.
    I bet their mums do too.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

KittyRifle.jpg

Well for starters it's not real.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Going to take a wild guess and suggest it is some kind of weird workaround so that it doesn't count as a "pistol grip".

japan on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My BFA is in metal and fiber work. If you've ever got any questions or just want to talk shop I'm game.

So you're one of the people filling the art department with grinding sounds while we're in the studio.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarks you can take me on a romantic trip any time you want. As long as you show me your particle collider. :winky:

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My BFA is in metal and fiber work. If you've ever got any questions or just want to talk shop I'm game. :)

I looked up BFA and somehow misread the wiki page as "Bachelor of Fire Ants". I was sort of alarmed for a second :P

That's really cool! I will certainly not hesitate to ask if I have any questions.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

KittyRifle.jpg

Actually...

hellokitty_ar15assault_1.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Take her on a trip to France and visit CERN.

If I took her on a trip to France and got her out of Paris, I'd be shocked. And isn't CERN located in Switzerland?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guns are boring.

Where are guns insanely complicated geometric circles based on Aristotelean concepts? Hmmmm?!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

KittyRifle.jpg

Actually...

That must be a photoshop.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Guns are boring.

Where are guns insanely complicated geometric circles based on Aristotelean concepts? Hmmmm?!

what about the Eldar guns that shoot discs a single atom wide the chop yu to little peice inside your armor?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guns are boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Going to take a wild guess and suggest it is some kind of weird workaround so that it doesn't count as a "pistol grip".

That's exactly it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I would not be surprised in the least if someone has a gun that looks like that at all. I'd be more surprised if it did not exist at all.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

And if you ever use it to protect your property you're the one under arrest hurray!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guns are boring.

bang

Yup.

Boring.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

KittyRifle.jpg

Actually...

That must be a photoshop.
    It's real jeep.
    hello-kitty-ar-15-rifle-2.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.