As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    parabola wrote: »
    Hmmm I was going to buy my santee something from thinkgeek, but I've never bought anything from them so I don't know how long it'll take to ship internationally. And then I got to wrap it and ship it back.

I think I may just buy locally.

You could have them deliver directly to the person.
    Sucks because you can't carefully wrap it with love and care, but saves a bit.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    True... But then I don't get to give them a note or anything, and that's just not fun.

parabola on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Contact them. You'd be surprised how people can be accommodating when you say you're doing something for a secret santa and you want something special to be done to the package. For example, for my Santee I [REDACTED BECAUSE OTHERWISE THE SANTEE WILL KNOW WHO HE IS]

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    he or she

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited November 2010
    I'm comfortable with narrowing down the scope that much, to be honest.

Willeth on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well, you've also revealed that your Santee can read.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited November 2010
    In fairness, that's an assumption I'm making. If Khoo wants to post here telling us that he can't read, I'm perfectly happy to reveal to you all that it's him.

OH WAIT WHAT DID I DO

Willeth on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just ordered the gifts for my SE++ Satanee. Due to them not living in the US, I had to ship directly from their Amazon site, and had to bump the cost up.

Since it set a new threshold for gifts, it just means my G&T Santee is getting more gifts than originally planned, since I can't have them be unequal. Lucky you.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee... you don't know it yet, but you'll be gifted soon.

Would've liked to be more elaborate (wrapping/more stuff) but my budget was tighter this year. Hopefully my Santee will enjoy everything. :)

Norfair on
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gift Got! Holy crap that was fast! I need to get cracking on mine. I already know what I'm doing, I just need to take the time to do it, and then send it off. I guess I don't know who mine is from though? Speak up and be heard!

Working on pictures as you read.

[edit]
    img0073dm.jpg
    Not one, but TWO packages got! I was expecting a package for my roommate, so when I saw the envelope had my name on it, I almost just tossed the box in her room. Lucky I double checked!
    img0069ty.jpg
    Roommate's dog checking it out. She's not mine, so I felt comfortable using her as a canary in case of anthrax or something. =P
    img0075ok.jpg
    From the envelope. Wha? I didn't even know such a book existed. Flipping through, it seems to be pretty neat. I'll have to give it a closer look later.
    img0077hv.jpg
    And here it is. True gold. Upon first opening it, I thought it was just a sweet little zombie plush. Which would be awesome enough on its own. Closer inspection however realizes that all the limbs, and head, are attached with velcro. That's right, it's a dismemberable zombie plush. Ridiculous in its awesomosity.

HardKase wrote: »
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Gift Got! Holy crap that was fast! I need to get cracking on mine. I already know what I'm doing, I just need to take the time to do it, and then send it off. I guess I don't know who mine is from though? Speak up and be heard!

SUPRISE!

Hope Its something you like.

Super cool, thank you! Also, I think that I might be the first santee to get gifted, after glancing back through this thread. If true, you are a hero. If not true, you are still a hero for being quicker than me, anyway =P

Thanks again!

[edit again] Whoops! Forgot the image tags!

Xaviar on
  • HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

SUPRISE!

Hope Its something you like.

Edit: The book is for the zombie to read. Help him come to peace with his undead self. And for you to read. To better understand your new zombie life partner.

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If anyone has huuuge pictures and requires resizing/file size reduction services, I can lend a hand with that. Just e-mail them to the address I stuck in the MSN messenger box of my profile and I'll get them back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, Paint.Net is free and has a resize feature.

Edit: Haha, detachable limbs. That's great. Too bad a nerf gun probably isn't enough to take them off. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    If anyone has huuuge pictures and requires resizing/file size reduction services, I can lend a hand with that. Just e-mail them to the address I stuck in the MSN messenger box of my profile and I'll get them back to you as soon as possible.

If you're feeling super industrious you could do mine in the post above :winky:

Otherwise, whatevs.

Xaviar on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How do amazon wish lists work? If I put some stuff up on mine and someone buys it does it get shipped to me?

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    harvest wrote: »
    How do amazon wish lists work? If I put some stuff up on mine and someone buys it does it get shipped to me?

The buyer still has to enter your address (at least this is how it has worked for me in the past) because there is no guarantee that your default address on file is where you are/will be.

I know for a long time my default address was my college dorm room and I just never changed it in the summers.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »

If you're feeling super industrious you could do mine in the post above :winky:

Otherwise, whatevs.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6206/img0073dm.jpg
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8599/img0069ty.jpg
    http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3752/img0075ok.jpg
    http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/281/img0077hv.jpg

It makes me feel productive. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gift away! Santee, you are doomed.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gifts

theodan.jpg

So it begins...

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nice stuffs Xaviar.

My parcel is nearly ready to go. Each individual item is wrapped and surrounded with bubble wrap. Just need to put a note in there so my santee knows who it is from and then I can take it to the post office.

Then I can relax for the rest of the month and hope it arrives safely for a 3rd year running. I'm sure it will.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You know what the awesomest feeling in the world is? Getting proxied by your friend, through your sister about PA Secret Santa. Whoever you are Santa you are damn resourceful.. :D

remlap13 on
  • AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wha-! People have recieved gifts already. I better increase my stalking by 160%, but with Assassin's Creed, NFS and Kinect all fighting for my attention in the coming days, its going to be all the more difficult.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    doot de doo. nothing to see here!!

this post may have contained compromising intelligence!!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That was pretty quick. I don't think I'll send out anything until at least a little bit into december.

Peewi on
  • DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey santa, sorry for being such a terrible santee, as my post history is pretty abysmal and it seems like I don't have much of a web presence. I've been pretty busy lately, so not much time to make a post to try to help out, but if you're still stalking, here's some help. If you search my username, i'm pretty sure most of those things are actually me, however, if you search for my real name, i'm nowhere to be found. In terms of interests, i'm pretty much open for anything, so if you have a cool hobby or interest you'd like to share, I would be delighted to partake. Otherwise, I think my interests are pretty much covered in that hint.

Also, to my santee, even though you don't know who you are, you're a cool guy! Should be fun picking things out for you.

DuoRCN on
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All items acquired! I think... I may decide to get a little something else. And there's always the upcoming holiday Steam sale. Nothing keeping me from spreading the joy even after the package is delivered, after all.

Now comes the hard part: Finding time to wrap and make labels.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    All items acquired! I think... I may decide to get a little something else. And there's always the upcoming holiday Steam sale. Nothing keeping me from spreading the joy even after the package is delivered, after all.

Send to me. I will gladly do the wrapping. I love wrapping presents. It is an art form, especially if you use the paper inside-out and draw on it.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ugh - the waiting is the worst part. Things need to instantly be delivered when I buy them.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Judge-Z wrote: »

Send to me. I will gladly do the wrapping. I love wrapping presents. It is an art form, especially if you use the paper inside-out and draw on it.

Oh, I don't mind the wrapping, at all. I just need to find the time (says the guy who'll likely spend 2-3 hours playing FO:NV tonight).

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This was brought up in the Solid Saints thread, I think there's someone in here shipping from Japan?

http://www.majiroxnews.com/2010/11/13/japan-post-to-stop-parcels-to-us/

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    This was brought up in the Solid Saints thread, I think there's someone in here shipping from Japan?

http://www.majiroxnews.com/2010/11/13/japan-post-to-stop-parcels-to-us/

Japan, you so crazy.

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So who can do me a christmas miracle and Santa my avatar?

noir_blood on
  • CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm gonna give a big hint to my santa:

Stalk me on HFBoards.com...A lot of the posts are in the Canucks forum, but I also post a bit in the gaming forum.

(Same username)

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Aw man. My condolences to our Santas in Japan who might be screwed out of sending personalized packages.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't hate on Japan. I got personalized the crap out of last year and my santa was in Japan. It was awesome (and my first SS). This is the best time of year!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I plan on combining personal with impersonal for my santee. I'm debating on asking if they will like the impersonal gift before I send it... if they don't like it then I can hope that my personal touch gift makes up for it. But after stalking I'm fairly confident that they will like it, and won't be expecting it at all.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My Secret Santa got me today! Really heavy package from amazon when I got home. It said "Battledrill" on the package so I used my superior intellect to figure out it was probably from my Secret Santa.

No pets, and my kids didn't want to pose, to busy doing kid stuff. No worries, our resident Ewok was glad to pose with it for the pet shot.
    a2uj4i.jpg

Very Spiffy Packaging from Mr. Amazon. Thing was really heavy and strong. It was either 15 lbs of chocolate or Whiskey I figured. I made sure not to read the amazon slip just in case. The envelope said just as much.
    6fwkd5.jpg

This Santa of course knew i had kids, was a big nerd and most likely would like what they liked. This was going perfect so far! It's probably too blurry for you to read but he mentions my intellect, good looks, great grammar and awesome taste. :winky:
    15n8tq8.jpg

Boooya! Now I can be a certified geek and not just a closet one!
    2e3uclv.jpg

Side Shot!
    2dklhxz.jpg

Thanks so much Secret Santa, you really made my day. It was such a coincidence since I was heading out to shop for my secret santee tonight! Merry Christmas!

battledrill on

Yow, that's nice. I need to pick up the DMG at some point soon, but my DnD group broke up spectacularly - one guy got engaged to someone living in Brazil, one guy was working in Scotland for a year (and is currently in New Zealand and might night be back for a while), and one guy's now a teacher in Nigeria.

Willeth on
  • Shrieking EmuShrieking Emu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You and your Santa have excellent taste. Welcome to the party. :)

Shrieking Emu on
    steam_sig.png
  • DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay, gift-posts! This thread is getting cheerier all the time.

After days of contemplating, stalking, and breathing down Santee's neck; I think I've finally settled on some good gift ideas. Hopefully for things Santee doesn't already own, but will enjoy.
    And I've also figured out how I can add in the creative elemenents and tie it all together with a theme.

aaaa I want Santee to be able to make a gift post as soon as possible! But first I'll need to make some orders, work on the creative part, package everything up, and ship it out.

Santee, if you feel an unexplainable feeling of anxiety, that is just Santa zeroing in on you with a cheer bazooka.

And to my Santa: Forgot to mention this before, but don't bother googling my real name, I'm none of those people. I have a facebook, but it might be too hard to find; since a lot of people with the same name also have facebooks. XD;;

Dawasaurus on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Such a quick gifting! Take that, Thanksgiving! You never stood a chance against our ... ok I wanted to make a D&D reference but "Boots of Dancing"? Someone tell me a cooler sounding make-you-go-faster item.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.