As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAA Episode 3

12346»

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shame about the series stopping in game format, but I'm happy that they're going to keep it going in comic format. I was really only playing it for the story anyway - honestly, the game play wasn't the type of stuff I get excited over.

There are still two gods left on that windowsill, and I'm still looking forwards to finding out what comes next.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Didn't he join with them just to make that game? It sounds like he's leaving now that it's done.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • AlteredConfusionAlteredConfusion Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Didn't he join with them just to make that game? It sounds like he's leaving now that it's done.

I think it was along the lines of Hothead was going to allow him to make whatever he wanted because he's Ron Gilbert, and once that was out of his system he continued along the path that he had in front of him. I'm pretty sure he never intended to be a permanent fixture there.

AlteredConfusion on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there any chance of this game getting a revival from another developer?

I don't know, I just feel like if it was truly dead, without a chance to get completed through another company, not only would there be a newspost for the hundreds of thousands of fans who didn't make PAX and don't read the forums but did buy the first games, but also there would be an announcement from Khoo or someone here closing down these threads since they're of no use anymore.

Maybe they're shopping it around?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't know, I just feel like if it was truly dead, without a chance to get completed through another company, not only would there be a newspost for the hundreds of thousands of fans who didn't make PAX and don't read the forums but did buy the first games, but also there would be an announcement from Khoo or someone here closing down these threads since they're of no use anymore.

we can always hope.

Teburninator on
  • toriantorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

we can always hope.

Tycho actually said on his Twitter that they tried and failed to pick up a new studio. He does seem to feel bad about it, but the game is dead. Hopefully they will give PAA more than a weeks worth of comics when they finish it on the site.

torian on
  • robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if any developers are approaching them to do the third game. You'd think they'd just be able to get all the assets and code for E2 and give it to another developer.

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
  • BonemerangBonemerang Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's endearing how you're all clinging to tiny shreds of hope... I wouldn't, personally. We're getting what we're getting, I think.

Bonemerang on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bonemerang wrote: »
    It's endearing how you're all clinging to tiny shreds of hope... I wouldn't, personally. We're getting what we're getting, I think.

It's not that I'm clinging to hope. If a new game comes out I'll buy it, if it doesn't, I wont. I was just asking because there's been no official announcement on the main page, which seems like the one place an official announcement should go. I mean there's been twitter, and PAX, and that's it. That accounts for a very small percentage of the PA audience in general. I figure when it's official, they'll make a statement on the front page, so until then I'm keeping my hopes up that a new developer comes along and says "yeah, we can take a shot at this"

I mean there's a lot of indie developers on XBLA that would love a shot at a franchise.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • ToniousTonious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I saw this on Amazon and thought it was a really good deal. Dunno if it's legit or not, is this both episodes for only 15 bucks? If it is I'll snatch it up. Don't want to buy it if it's not, been burned by amazon before. http://www.amazon.com/Penny-Arcade-Adventures-Episode-Playstation-3/dp/B003AZYIAU/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271637950&sr=1-27

Tonious on
    edited April 2010
    You can get them on Steam for 5 bucks apiece.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can get them on Steam for 5 bucks apiece.

Thanks for the tip on that one, Thought they were more more expensive than that

Gentlemanne on
  • JuxtaposeableJuxtaposeable Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    According to what Jerry said at PAX East the game is pretty much dead. He plans on completing the story, I belive in prose form. The "official" offical anouncement will probably be made when the specifics of those plans are more concrete.

Juxtaposeable on
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want an "animated comic." Narrated by that guy.

Sharp10r on
  • JordanRHughesJordanRHughes Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    What does PAA stand for?

Thanks

JordanRHughes on
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Penny Arcade Adventures.

Teburninator on
  • JordanRHughesJordanRHughes Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    Silly me...Thanks

:mrgreen:

JordanRHughes on
  • xbskidxbskid Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    torian wrote: »
    Tycho actually said on his Twitter that they tried and failed to pick up a new studio.

I wonder if they tried to get Telltale Games to pick it up.

xbskid on
  • dan_plazdan_plaz Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Been reading the PPA episode 3 that they are posting.....

GOD! IS BORING!

GO MAKE THE DAMN GAME!

dan_plaz on
  • freakazoidfreakazoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think it's pretty good. Although it would be much better if they actually made the game.

freakazoid on
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
  • FlamesFlames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I enjoy the story, actually. True, I would like it a little more if it were more like a side-story, with the game being a continuation of the main story (and, for all we know, it might be just that: something to keep our appetite for RSPD whetted until Ep. 3 unexpectedly rises from the dead, which would explain how long it's taking to get to the actual storyline XD), but it elaborates more on Tycho's badass background, which was sort of hinted at in the second episode. Not to mention it makes me giggle.

Flames on
  • Warriormage1985Warriormage1985 Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Has any one thought of maybe starting up a petition to make episode 3? if they were showed how many people loved the first 2 and would like to see a continuation surely they would reconsider, after all they wouldn't want to disappoint their fans, and they could make a money in the process.

Warriormage1985 on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you want to read the rest of the story, Tycho's writing it up at http://www.penny-arcade.com/rainslick. I doubt we could convince them to produce more games, to be honest - they have hard data to see whether it would be worth their while, and they've said that it was far harder work than they were prepared for.

Yeah, I'd love to see another couple too. But I really doubt it'll happen outside of the PA guys taking a much more hands-off approach, which they seem unwilling to do.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited November 2010
    This may be true but what would be the harm in trying? Besides how could they really know unless they were presented with a collected data from fans?

Warriormage1985 on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    Petitions are a complete waste of time.

Tube on
  • ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just registered on this forum to post this. I am disappointed that there won't be another game and I was wondering where those episode 3 "writings" were going. I haven't tried real hard to read them, but I honestly don't think I can. I also think there should be an announcement on the main page regarding the game.

ATF_Griff on
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ah, yes, "writings". As far as I understand it, they're simply going to continue PAA in that written form rather than making a new game. So, sucks if you don't like 'em.

PreciousBodilyFluids on
    edited November 2010
    Any petition they would get from fans is inherently biased. They know how much money they made and they know exactly what the audience is - they've released two games already. They have more than enough information to make that decision.
    ATF_Griff wrote: »
    I just registered on this forum to post this. I am disappointed that there won't be another game and I was wondering where those episode 3 "writings" were going. I haven't tried real hard to read them, but I honestly don't think I can. I also think there should be an announcement on the main page regarding the game.

They announced it on stage at PAX East - Tycho's wording was something like "we felt we couldn't make it as good as we wanted it to be." It's dead and the prose is all you're gettin'! Unless they do a comic at some point maybe.

Willeth on
  • ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Again what about the people that didn't go to PAX?

ATF_Griff on
    edited November 2010
    There were announcements on various sites about it. As well as posted in several different threads multiple times in this subforum. Including this very thread.
    Ah, yes, "writings". As far as I understand it, they're simply going to continue PAA in that written form rather than making a new game. So, sucks if you don't like 'em.
    yeah, well, sucked if you didn't like the game either. If you want some story, you take it in the form the author gives it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seems I'm the only one really enjoying the "writings" then.
    I was hoping some sort of novel wouldn't be completely out of the question, although i don't see it happening.

GG Tycho, hope you keep it up. :)

chuckleberryfinn on
    No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
    edited November 2010
    Seems I'm the only one really enjoying the "writings" then.
    I was hoping some sort of novel wouldn't be completely out of the question, although i don't see it happening.

GG Tycho, hope you keep it up. :)

Nah, there's a couple threads where we discuss the chapters. At least a few of them. I was ambivalent about them at first, since I've barely even played the games, and the written stuff started out a little confusingly, probably exacerbated by my lack of game knowledge, but the last 4 -5 chapters I thought were really fun.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Have you seen the Poker game and the fact that they put their first game in the 2010 bundle pack? maybe there trying to rekindle the love for the game before deciding to do more? I mean doesnt anyone want to see them make more Penny Arcade Adventure games?

Warriormage1985 on
  • chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Have you seen the Poker game and the fact that they put their first game in the 2010 bundle pack? maybe there trying to rekindle the love for the game before deciding to do more? I mean doesnt anyone want to see them make more Penny Arcade Adventure games?

Think at this stage most people feel they're kicking a dead horse trying to get the rest of the episodes.
    I'm happy enough with the episodic prose we're getting, but the writing and art made the games for me anyway.

Wonder will we get some more art for Ep 3...

chuckleberryfinn on
    No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
    edited November 2010
    How about an entirely new game then? Does anyone think that there's a possibility of them making an entirely new penny arcade or is that as likely as them making ep 3-4?
    :?:

Warriormage1985 on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A Penny Arcade fighting game would be boss.

Soooo many characters to pick from.

Xaquin on
    edited November 2010
    I tried playing the UFS PA card game once. It was confusing as fuck.

Willeth on
  • lower111lower111 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Yea so suspicious... after selling Tycho to Poker Night and making sale for EP1&EP2 on Steam... now they sold ahem - Fruit Fucker to Monday Night Combat. In that game is known as 'Juice Bot'.It's pretty awesome and I hope they are saving some money from these promotions to make EP3&EP4 :P Or they are doing it free and just makin' fans.

lower111 on
  • drakk2drakk2 Registered User regular
    So not to break rules about reviving threads or anything, but for PAX prime 11 goers, there was an ad in it, with pixel versions of Tycho and Gabe's (OtRSPoD versions), with a large 3. The dev. company beneath that is Zeboyd Games. Also included was the year: 2012.

Are we actually indeed getting the third episode now?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular