As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shut the door. Have a seat.

12345679»

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well, I thought this was great
    I loved watching Don's face in the few moments where he looked at Megan dealing with the kids

he's just so confused to be involved with someone who's not terrible

also I had not realized that Joan kept Cooper's baby

MrMonroe on
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    well, I thought this was great
    I loved watching Don's face in the few moments where he looked at Megan dealing with the kids

he's just so confused to be involved with someone who's not terrible

also I had not realized that Joan kept Cooper's baby
    I'll bet Don's more in love with the idea of having a nuclear family again and is desperately convincing himself that he's in love with Megan. He's been chasing the dream of a stable, loving family since his own fucked up childhood.
    He's been so lost since the divorce and not because he misses Betty. Who could miss that childish bitch?

I was so hoping that Carla would slap the shit out of her when she fired her. I don't think she even got a chance to say goodbye to the kids that she raised since birth.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    also,
    did Bert Cooper really bail? Because that would have dissolved the partnership and there would have to be a huge fucking legal fight over where the assets go.

So many interesting legal issues

edit:
    yes, I also wish anyone would slap Betty. Her husband looked very near to doing it himself when he confronted her about the firing.

MrMonroe on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm more unhappy with the way don was acting in this episode than the actual twist. It felt like they forgot this was the last show of the season so they just jammed a bunch of stuff in.

buh buh I was looking at you lying there in tha bed and you looked so nice. I can't stop thinking of you duh duh duh I'm don

I miss Walter white

Meissnerd on
    edited October 2010
    that being said, the Joan/Peggy scene right after was really cathartic, to the point where Weiner must know what he's doing

Meissnerd on
  • DraperDraper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I'm more unhappy with the way don was acting in this episode than the actual twist. It felt like they forgot this was the last show of the season so they just jammed a bunch of stuff in.

buh buh I was looking at you lying there in tha bed and you looked so nice. I can't stop thinking of you duh duh duh I'm don

I miss Walter white

When he said "I'm in love with you and I want to marry you" I was basically 100 percent sure it was a dream sequence, and when it turned out it wasn't I couldn't stop laughing and giggling for like 30 seconds. And then after that I got pissed off thinking about how good I expected the episode to be when it turned out being the worst Mad Men episode of all time.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
    edited October 2010
    that's because you only have baby science

Meissnerd on
    edited October 2010
    I just don't buy that don is all of a sudden 13 and listening to pink Floyd for the first time

Meissnerd on
  • DraperDraper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Same. I'm just eager to see what Season 5 is going to be about.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    god this is all going to go so horribly

Sars_Boy on
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man

It is like the writers overheard me a few weeks ago trying to convince my parents that the glance Don gave Megan didn't mean they were going to hook up

and they just wanted to absolutely pound into the ground the point of how wrong I was

DeliciousTacos on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Don's fucked in season 5.

BlackDove on
    edited October 2010
    i guess engaged doesn't mean getting married

and even if they do get married, don will sleep around, guaranteed.

Meissnerd on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, I did not like where this episode went...

Curious how long of a break there will be between this and the next season.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On the surface, I'd love to believe Don is so infatuated with Megan because she represents the stable, happy family setting he has recently discovered he wants. Or, at least, wants because he's supposed to want it.

Anyway, now that the season is over, let's talk about The Walking Dead

Javen on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just love how much shit don gave sterling over jane and he just did the same dang thing

Langly on
    edited October 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I just love how much shit don gave sterling over jane and he just did the same dang thing

I think it's kinda different, though. Actually what Roger did with Jane is closer to what Betty did with Henry. And Don didn't really give Roger shit because she was Don's secretary, but rather he was pissed at Roger for breaking up his family, which despite his utter debauchery, Don is vehemently against.

Javen on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    remember though that don has historically been pretty opposed to guys getting with their secretaries in general. he yelled at pete in the pilot for hitting on peggy, and that and roger/jane are hardly the only instances of it coming up. it definitely represents a shift in character for him.

satansfingers on
    edited October 2010
    Well, not just secretaries, since he didn't want to let it known that he was seeing Faye while she was working for SCDP. He just doesn't like mixing business with pleasure. I'm certain that'll come up in some fashion eventually if they actually get married. Either he'll just want her to stop working at that particular agency, or he'll want her to be a stay at home wife.

Javen on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, not just secretaries, since he didn't want to let it known that he was seeing Faye while she was working for SCDP

This isn't a moral (use that word loosely) thing like it is with the secretaries though. They would have both been well and truly fucked professionally - at least Faye would've - if they had gone public with that.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I started making vector silhouettes of other mad men characters to print out big and put up in my house, I'm going to remake don in vector and also do peggy, betty, bert, and lane

149268_457306462141_500257141_6099850_5300601_n.jpg

76283_457306917141_500257141_6099859_7874262_n.jpg

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited November 2010
    are you going to make prints of them?

is there anyway i could pay you to make copies?

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2010
    Sterling was on 30 Rock by the way, if anyone missed it. He was awesome.

Langly on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah of course! I won't charge you for it but you can pay for whatever the printing costs

I haven't figured out where to get them printed

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited November 2010
    yesss! let me know!

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2010
    betty_draper.png

peggy_olson.png

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Probably kind of late, but I just found out that Rubicon got canceled.

:(

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited November 2010
    haha, that makes the ending to the series really, really awesome.

Langly on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anything ever happen? I wanted to like it, but the episodes were just so damn slow I lost interest. Think I made it to 6 or 7.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    It just ended very well, I thought.
    Will unravels the conspiracy, which was a pretty believable and good plot, as those go. It at least wasn't, like business men controlling the world so much as a small group of people controlling intelligence to their own gain. So anyway he finds out, but fails to stop the imminent act, but does get evidence tying the main guy to the crime. It ends with him being fired, Grant being promoted, Tatiana quits, Miles falls in love with the NSA girl and they are happy. But on the whole, there wasn't a clean "we won and are awesome" ending. The last moment had the antagonist saying "who's going to give a shit, we're going to war with Iran now, whooooooops"

I just really, really liked the tone of the series and the story they wanted to tell. It wasn't action packed and it didn't make you feel good, it was just a well told mystery, with some nice things to say about intelligence work.

So but anyway, I like that ending, with a sort of un-satisfaction in terms of making everything end succinctly, than more seasons which might dilute that.

Langly on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    betty_draper.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    edited November 2010
    yesss that's my favorite too, even if it doesn't work all that well in silhouette

two more

lane_pryce.png

bert_cooper.png

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh man the cooper one is excellent

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    final season. starts in one minute.