As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Fistful of Ray Guns: COWBOYS AND ALIENS

124»

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i tried very desperately to think of something snarky for "ruling body" but ARGH NO IT'S NOT COMING

my powers of sass

my sassafrass

DIMINISHED!

Raneados on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay, posting this in the correct thread this time

Just saw the trailer for this shit and I am happy! Very happy

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's entirely possible that will be the first and only movie I'll go see on christmas day.

man I go see movies on christmas all the time

it is like one of the best days for movieing

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I agree with Balefuego, Christmas is a great day to see movies! Everyone finishes unwrapping gifts, eats some pancakes, chats for a bit, then heads out to the theater in a huge group! Lots of fun. although the movies around this time of year are usually either downers or kind of terrible.

Also this movie announcement was exactly what I needed to get over my case of sads about the fact that James Bond is on hold indefinitely.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I agree with Balefuego, Christmas is a great day to see movies! Everyone finishes unwrapping gifts, eats some pancakes, chats for a bit, then heads out to the theater in a huge group! Lots of fun. although the movies around this time of year are usually either downers or kind of terrible.

Also this movie announcement was exactly what I needed to get over my case of sads about the fact that James Bond is on hold indefinitely.

Well now that MGM merged with someone and had their asses saved they're moving ahead with some of their projects, so the next Bond movie probably isn't too far off

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Seriously? Oh man, movie theaters are going to be getting so much of my money in the near future

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Here's a set visit report with 10 points they found particularly noteworthy

There's a few more reports floating around, including one from io9, but they all seem pretty similar so I just linked the one

This movie is gonna rule

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/movies/30cowboys.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss

I guess people think this looks like a funny movie? Or something? According to the article half of the audiences who see this trailer expect it to be like a Men in Black-style zany alien comedy

I can understand thinking that from the title, maybe, but that trailer is fucking serious as hell

We'll have to see how the rest of the marketing goes but I wonder how many people are gonna think this is a comedy right up until they go into the theater

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I... Huh? Maybe because I knew about the comics ahead of time I had different expectations about it? I mean yeah the title is kind of funny, but so fucken what. Oh well I'm looking forward to it.
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also I really dislike james franko

Dead to me Pip. You hear that? DEAD TO ME.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am upset that I will be out of the country and I am more upset that there isn't a mod for Mount and Blade: Warband. Just port 1866 over and turn the native america factions into aliens, the Mexicans into Navi, and make the Americans look Daniel Craig and Daniel Day Lewis.

RoyceSraphim on